- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Smartphone Use, School Violence Attitudes, Bullying Situation of Adolescents in Era of Convergence
융복합시대 청소년의 스마트폰 사용과 학교폭력 태도, 학교폭력 역할유형 간의 관계
- Park, Mi-Gyeong (Department of Nursing Graduate School, Ajou University) ;
- Kim, Jinju (Department of Nursing, Kyungdong University) ;
- Kang, Gyun-Young (Department of Nursing, Kyungdong University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study was to explore the relationship between the smartphone use, school violence attitudes, bullying situation of adolescents in era of convergence. The participants were 341 middle school students from two school in G city. smartphone use, school violence attitudes, bullying situation and general characteristics of adolescents were measured. The data were collected from July 2 to 25, 2014. The collected data were analyzed through t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients and multiple regression analysis. The result showed smartphone use was positively correlated with school violence attitudes(r=.269, p<.000) and Bullies(r=.251, p<.000). The finding indicate that smatrphone use has an influence on school violence. Intervening approach to prevent and reduce bullying according to each types were required. Based on the research results, this study suggests policy implications for middle school students' smartphone use and school violence attitudes, bullying situation.
- National Information Society Agency. 2015 The Survey on Internet Overdependence(No. 12019). (2015). Daegu. Ministry of Science and ICT.
- Statistics Korea. http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.doidx_cd=4106
- National Statistical Office. (2017). 2017 Youth Statistics, National Statistical Office.
- Korea Youth Counseling & Welfare Institute. (2013). Development of Training Program for Parents' with Early Adolescent, The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, 176, 1-178,
- H. J. Lee & Y. J. Jo. (2010). The Exploratory Study of longitudinal Changes and Variables Predicting School Adjustment, Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 17(2), 253-278.
- S. I. Kim, C. Y. Kim & Y. S. Sung. (2013). Go to the Brain, Paju: Book 21.
- A. Alkin, & M.. Iskender. (2011). Internet Addiction and Depression, Anxiety and Stress, International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 3(1), 138-148.
- J. K. Lee. (2011). A Study on Dispositional Mobile Phone Use Motives, Mobile Phone Addiction, and Mobile Phone Verbal Bullying of Adolescents : With a focus on middle and high school students in Seoul and Gyeonggi, Journal of Communication Science, 11(2), 365-401.
- Y. S. Hwang & N. S. Park. (2011). Predictors of Adolescents' Mobile Phone Addiction and Parents' and Teachers' Role, Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, 25(5), 309-348.
- S. H. Han & S. H. Lee. (2010). A Survey on Relationships between Mobile-Phone Addiction and Emotional/Behavioral Problems in Middle School Students, The Journal of Special Children Education, 12(3), 139-157. DOI : 10.21075/kacsn.2010.12.3.139 https://doi.org/10.21075/kacsn.2010.12.3.139
- C. Salmivalli, K. Lagerspetz, K. Bjorkqvist, K. Osterman, A. Kaukiainen. (1996). Bullying as a Group Process: Participant Roles and their Relations to Social Status within the Group. Aggressive behavior. 22(1), 1-15, DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2337(1996)22:1<1::AID-AB1>3.0.CO;2-T https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2337(1996)22:1<1::AID-AB1>3.0.CO;2-T
- School Violence Prevention and Countermeasures. LAWnB. http://www.lawnb.com/lawinfo/link_view.asp?cid=15BB88EA3B74CE9AA117474F12EC94FL
- Education Policy Forum. (2017). Korean Educational Statistics Service, (293) https://kess.kedi.re.kr/post/6662608
- Y. K. Yang & C. S. Lee. (2009). The Effects of School Violence Prevention Program on School Violence Attitudes, Anger, and Aggression in Middle School students, Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 18(4), 369-378.
- S. C. Park & K. I. Baik. (2004). Characteristics of MMPI of adolescent Cellular Phone Addicts, Family and Environment Research, 42(9), 135-147.
- M. H. Bae, J. J. Choi & C. S. Kim. (2017). A Predictive Model about Offender-Bystander and Victim-Bystander on School Violence of Adolescents, Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 24(3), 335-363. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2016.08.23.8.385 https://doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2017.01.24.1.335
- S. Thomeee, A. Haarenstam & M. Hagberg. (2011). Mobile Phone Use and Stress, Sleep Disturbance, and Symptoms of Depression Among Young Adults - a Prospective Cohort Study, BMC Public Health. 11, 66-76. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-66 https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-66
- I. Y. Ahn, C. S. Lee, C. S. Park, B. J. Kim, B. S. Cha, S. J. Lee & J. Y. Seo. (2013). Relationship Among Suicidal Ideation, Addictive Mobile Phone Use and Depressive Symptoms in Bullies, Journal of the Korean Society of Biological therapies in psychiatry, 19(1), 39-46.
- M. Kwon. (2013). The Smartphone Addiction Scale: Development and Validation of a Short Version for Adolescents = Development and Validation of Adolescents Smartphone Addiction, Ph.D. dissertation, Catholic University.
- K. Rigby & P. T. Slee. (1991). Bullying among Australian School Children: Reported behavior and attitudes toward victims, The journal of social psychology, 131(9), 615-627. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00224545.1991.9924646 https://doi.org/10.1080/00224545.1991.9924646
- E. H. Jung, Y. M. Shin & S. M. Cho. (2016). The Effects of the School Violence Prevention Program Using Temperament, Korean Journal of Culture and Social Issues, 22(1), 119-135. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.20406/kjcs.2016.02.22.1.119 https://doi.org/10.20406/kjcs.2016.02.22.1.119
- C. Salmivalli & M. Voten. (2004). Connections Between Attitudes, Group Norms, and Behaviour in Bullying Situations, International Journal of Behavioral Development. 28, 246-258. https://doi.org/10.1080/01650250344000488
- H. K. Son, S. H. Ahn & H. J. Lee. (2006). Middle school Students' Addicted Use of Cellular Phone and their Psychosocial Characteristics, Journal of Korean academy of community Health Nursing, 17(4), 552-562.
- J. H. Lee, S. J. Lee, J. W. Chun, H. Cho, D. J. Kim & Y. C. Jung. (2015). Comorbid Depression Interferes with Emotional Regulation in Adolescents with Internet Gaming Disorder, Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatry Association, 54(3), 322-329. DOI:https://doi.org/10.4306/jknpa.2015.54.3.322 https://doi.org/10.4306/jknpa.2015.54.3.322
- S. A. Park & K. W. Park. (2017). The Effect of College Students' Emotional Expressiveness on their Smart Phone Addiction : The Mediating Effects of Self Concept, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 255-263. DOI:https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.255 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.255
- J. Y. Ha & B. Y. Sim. (2016). Juvenile Delinquency, Cyber Delinquency, and Mental Health in Adolescents, Global Health and Nursing, 6(2), 80-88.
- M. S. Suk & Y. K. Koo. (2014). The Effects of Domestic Violence on Smartphone Addiction of the Adolescent: The Mediating Effects of Self-esteem and Self-control, Korean Journal of Family Welfare. 19(4), 905-928. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.4.905 https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.4.905
- I. C. Im & K. A. Jang. (2017). The Convergence Influence of Excessive Smartphone Use on Attention Deficit, Learning Environment, and Academic Procrastination in Health College Students, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(12), 129-137. DOI:https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.255 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.12.129
- E. J. Kim. (2017). Factors Influencing the Smartphone Overdependence on Male Middle School students in Era of Convergence, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(8), 177-183. DOI:https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.177 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.177