- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Convergence among Resilience, Clinical Performance ability, Stress in Clinical Practice of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 회복탄력성, 임상실습 수행능력, 임상실습 스트레스 간의 융합관련성
- Shin, Mi-Ja (Nursing Department, Ansan University) ;
- Chun, Yeol-eo (Nursing Department, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the convergence that resilience has on clinical performance ability and stress in clinical practice in order to prepare effective educational materials for clinical practice. The results showed that satisfaction of university life, satisfaction of nursing major and satisfaction of clinical practice had significant effects on resilience, clinical performance ability and stress in clinical practice. Also the correlation between the resilience and clinical performance ability of nursing students was positive(r=.510). And the correlation between the resilience and stress in clinical practice was negative(r=-.153). These findings indicate that there is a need to improve resilience of nursing students to promote the clinical performance ability and to lessen stress in clinical practice. The results should be reflected in the development of effective programs.
Nursing university student;Resilience;Clinical practice;Clinical performance ability;Stress in clinical practice;Convergence
Supported by : GimCheon University
- M. H. Waldner, J. K.. Olson(2007).Taking the patient to the classroom: Applying theoretical frameworks to simulation in nursing education, International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 4(1), 1-14,
- P. Benner, M. Sutphen, V. Leonard, L. Day,(2010). Educating nurses: A call for radical transformation. Jossey-Base, SanFrancisco, California
- M. D. Bantell(2005), Clinical evaluation methods used by baccalaureate nursing educators in traditional and nontraditional clinical areas. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Columbia University, New York, USA
- T. Locken, H. Norberg, (2005), Reduced anxiety improves learning ability of nursing students through utilization of mentoring triads, J Nurs Educ. 48(1), 17-23, https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20090101-08
- P. Bradley, K. Postlethwaite,(2003) Simulation in clinical learning Medical Education, 37(1), 1-5, https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2923.2003.01424.x
- Korean Nurses Association,(2011) Experience of clinical new nurse practitioner training, seoul.
- M. H. Cho, I. S. Kwon,92007), Study on the Clinical Practice Experiences on Nursing Activities of Nursing Students, Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education,13(2), 143-154.
- A. Lofmark, B. Smide, K. Wikblad, (2006), Competence of newly-graduated nurses: A comparison of the perception so qualified nurses and students, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 53, 721-728, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03778.x
- S. L. Kim, J. E. Lee,(2005), Relationship among Stress Coping Strategies, and Self-esteem in Nursing Students Taking Clinical Experience, Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 11 (1), 98-106.
- S. J. Whang,(2006), The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self-Efficacy and Self-Esteem of Nursing College Students, Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 12(2,) 205-213.
- N. Y. Yang, S. Y. Moon,(2011), Relationship of Self-leadership, Stress and Satisfaction in Clinical Practice of Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 17(2), 216-225. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216
- S. H. Han, H. S. Yu,(2012), College Women's Self-leadership, Stress of Clinical Practice and Self Disclosure in an Area, Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 18(1), 130-139.
- O. S. Lee, M. O. Gu, (2013), The Relationship between Emotional intelligence and Communication skill, Clinical competence & Clinical practice stress in Nursing Students, Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(6), 2749-2759, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2749
- K. Y. Yun, S. H. Kuem, H. B. Moon, S. H. Yang(2014)., Social Support, Academic Stress, Clinical Practice Stress in College Student of Nursing, Journal of Korean journal of stress research,22(.1), 23-33, https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2014.22.1.23
- G. S. Jung,(2013). Relationship between Nursing Students' Emotional Intelligence, Self-efficacy, Ego-resiliency and the Stress on Clinical Practices, Journal of Korea Academy of Care Management. 10, 165-183,
- J. H. Kim (2011), Resilience, Wisdomhouse, seoul
- D. Jackson, A. Firtko, M. Edenborough,(2007), Personal resilience as a strategy or surviving and thriving in the face of workplace adversity: a literature review, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 60(1), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04412.x
- M. Zander, A. Hutton, L. King,(2010), Coping and resilience in pediatric oncology nurses, Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 27(2), 94-108. https://doi.org/10.1177/1043454209350154
- B. N. Kim, H. S. Ou, O. S. Bak,(2011), A Study of Nurses' Resilience, Occupational Stress and Satisfaction", Journal of Korea Association of Occupational Health Nurses, 20(1), 14-23. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.1.014
- K. Ryu, J. K. Kim,(2016), A Study on Relationships among Resilience, Stress, Burnout and Organizational Commitment of Hospital Nurses, Journal of Korea Contents Society,16(7), 439-450,
- K. Reivich, A. Shatte,(2003) The resilience factor, Broadway Books, New York
- C. Barrett, F. Myrick,(1998), Satisfaction in preceptorship and it is effect on the clinical performance of the preceptee, Journal Advance Nursing. 79(2), 364-371.
- U. H. Lee, J. J. Kim, J. S. Yu, H. G. He, G. S. Kim, S. M. Lim,(1990), Development of clinical practice performance measurement tools for nursing students, korean journal of nursing query. 13, 17-27, .
- M. S. Choi,(2005.), A Study on the relationship between teaching effectiveness of clinical nursing education and clinical competency in nursing students, The Graduate School of Clinical Health Sciences Ewha Womans University, Ph.M. thesis,
- D. L. Beck, R. Srivastsva,(1991). Perceived leveland sources of stress in baccalaureate nursing students, Journal of Nursing Education. 30(3), 127-133,
- S. J. Whang,(2006), The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self-Efficacy, and Self-Esteem of Nursing College Students, Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 12(2), 205-213,
- H. J. Choi, E. J. Seok,(2013), Analysis of Child Care Teachers' Resilience and Job Satisfaction, Journal of The Korea Association of Child Care and Education, 17, 93-115,
- S. Y. Park, Y. H. Kwon, Y. S. Park,(2015), Resilience and Organizational Socialization in New Nurses, Journal of The Korea Contents Society, 15(2), 324-332,
- J. K. Lee,(2015),The Relationships among Clinical Competence, Clinical Practice Stress, Communication Skill & Nunchi in Nursing Students", College of Nursing Graduate School Gyeongsang National University, Ph.M. thesis,
- O. S. Lee, C. G. Yoon, J. M. Lee,(2012), Influence of Ego-resilience and Social Support on the Depression of Hospital Nurses, Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 21.(1), 46-54. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.1.46
- I. O. Moon, S. K. Park, J. M. Jung,(2013). Effects of Resilience on Work Engagement and Burnout of Clinical Nurses, The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society,19(4), 525-535. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.525
- S. J. Park, B. J. Park,(2013), Relationship of Clinical Practice Stress to Clinical Competence among One College Nursing Students, The Korean journal of stress research,21(4), 313-322.
- E. H. Choi,(2009),.A Study on the Relationship between Career Identity and Clinical Competency in Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education,15(1), 15-21, https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.1.015
- K. A. Shin, B. H. Cho,(2012), Professional Self-Concept, Critical Thinking Disposition and Clinical Competence in Nursing Students, The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing, 19(1), 46-56, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.1.046
- O. M. Ji, J. H. Lee,(2014), Influencing Factors of Satisfaction for Clinical Practice in Nursing Students, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 16(2), 1125-1140.
- H. O. Kang,(2010), A Study on the Clinical Performance Ability, Self-Concept of Professional Nursing and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice of Nursing Students, Department of Nursing Graduate School Keimyung University, Ph.M. thesis,
- M. S. Park, M. H. Lee, J. A. Gu(2011), Clinical Competency, Professional Self-Concept, and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Undergraduate Nursing Students, Journal of militry nursing research, 29(2),111-123.
- N. Memarian, I. Concina, A. Braga, S. M. Rozati, A. Vomiero, G. (2011), Sberveglieri, "Hierarchically Assembled ZnO Nanocrystallites for High Efficiency Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Angewandte Chemie, 123(51), 12529-12533, https://doi.org/10.1002/ange.201104605
- B. M. Seo,(2014.), Factors Affecting Clinical Competence among Nursing Students, Department of Public Health, The Graduate School Inje University, Ph.D. thesis.
- J. Y. Kim, (2018), Convergent Relationship between Self-Esteem, Resilience, and Occupational Self-Efficacy among Dental Hygiene Students, Journal of Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 269-276.
- M. J. Kim, Y. S. Park, Y. H. Kwon,(2015), The Effects of Clinical Nurses' Resilience and Social Problem-Solving Ability on Burnout, Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16,(2), 1284-1291. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1284