- Volume 54 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Maturation and spawning of female black scraper, Thamnaconus modestus in the coastal waters off Middle East Sea, Korea
동해 중부해역에 출현하는 말쥐치(Thamnaconus modestus) 암컷의 성숙과 산란
- NAM, Ki-Mun (Pukyong Marine Life Research Institute) ;
- YOO, Jun-Taek (Fisheries Resources Research Center, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- KIM, Jea-Won (Department of Marine Life Science & Aquaculture, Gangwon Provincial College) ;
- PARK, Jong Hyeok (Department of Seafood and Aquaculture Science/Institute of Marine Industry/Marine Bio-Education and Research Center, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- BAECK, Gun Wook (Department of Seafood and Aquaculture Science/Institute of Marine Industry/Marine Bio-Education and Research Center, Gyeongsang National University)
- 남기문 (부경해양생물연구소) ;
- 유준택 (국립수산과학원 수산자원연구센터) ;
- 김재원 (강원도립대학교 해양생명과학과) ;
- 박종혁 (경상대학교 해양식품생명의학과/해양산업연구소/해양생물교육연구센터) ;
- 백근욱 (경상대학교 해양식품생명의학과/해양산업연구소/해양생물교육연구센터)
- Received : 2017.12.28
- Accepted : 2018.02.23
- Published : 2018.02.28
The maturation and spawning of black scraper, Thamnaconus modestus were studied using samples collected monthly from March, 2015 to February, 2016 in the coastal waters off Middle East Sea, Korea. The gonadosomatic index (GSI) of female was the highest in June. The spawning periods lasted from March to September based on histological observation of female gonad development. The percentage of sexually mature females estimated from a logistic function was over 50% for the size group 18.02 cm (total length, TL). The size of eggs spawned was between 0.40 to 0.58 mm. Fecundity varied between 185,648 and 9,747,250 eggs. The relationship between the fecundity and TL of the fish was expressed in the fecundity equation as
Thamnaconus modestus;Black scraper;Maturation and spawning;Group maturation
Grant : 근해어업자원조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Anderson RO and Gutreuter SJ. 1983. Length, weight and associated structural indices in Nielson LA and Johnson DL(eds.) Fisheries Techniques. American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, Maryland, 468.
- Bagenal TB. 1978. Methods for assessment of fish production in freshwaters. Blackwell scientific publications, Oxford, 300.
- Kim AR, Bae HJ, Kim GH and Oh CW. 2016. Age and growth of filefish Thamnaconus modestus(Günther, 1877) off Jeju Island of Korea. Ocean Sci J 51, 355-362. (DOI:10.s12601-016-0031-y) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12601-016-0031-y
- Kim S and Zhang CI. 1994. Fish Ecology. Seoul Press. Seoul, 274.
- Kim SH, Park SW, Lee K and Yang YS. 2012. The estimation of optimum mesh size selectivity of a drift net for yellow croaker(Larimichthys polyactis) using by the SELECT model. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 48, 010-019. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.1.010) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.1.010
- King MG. 2007. Fisheries Biology, Assessment and Management: 2nded. Blackwell Publ Oxford, 382.
- Kitashima C, Kawanishi M and Takeuchi T. 1964. Egg development and post-larval of a filefish, Navodon modestus(Günther, 1877). Suisanzoushoku 12, 49-54.
- Kwon HC, Zhang CI, Lee DW and Choi YM. 2011. Maturation and spawning of filefish Stephanolepis cirrhifer in the East Sea of Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 23, 111-118.
- Lee SJ, Go YB, Lee YD, Jung JH and Han CH. 2000. Annual Reproductive cycle of the filefish Thamnaconus modestus on the southern coast of Cheju Island. Korean J Ichthyol 12, 71-84.
- Mancera-Rodriguez NJ and Castro-Hernandez JJ. 2015. Reproductive biology of the planehead filefish Stephanolepis hispidus(Pisces: Monacanthidae) in the Canary Island area. Ichthyol Res 62, 258-267. (DOI:10.1007/s10228-014-0435-6) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10228-014-0435-6
- Ministry od Ocean and Fisheries(MOF). 2017. Statistic Database for Fisheries Production. http://www.fips.go.kr/. Accessed 15 Dec. 2017.
- Park BH. 1985. Studies on the fishery biology of filefish Navodon modestus in the Korean waters. Ph.D. Thesis, Pukyong National University, Korea, 64.
- Wu PQ, Wu HJ and Yang J. 1989. Reproduction ecology of fishes in the Jiaozhou Bay Waters. Chin J Oceanol Limnol 3, 183-195.
- Yamada UY, Tokimura H, Horikawa H and Nakada T. 2007. Fishes and Fisheries of the East China and Yellow Seas. Tokai University Press, 1172-1182.
- Yeon I, Lee DW, Choi KH, Hong BK, Kim JI and Kim YS. 2010. Long-term changes in the small yellow croaker, Lirimichthys polyactis, Population in the Yellow and East China Seas. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 46, 392-405. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.392) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.392
- Kim SH, Park SW, Bae JH and Kim YH. 2009. Mesh selectivity of Drift gill net for yellow croaker, Larimichthys polyactis, in the coastal sea of gageo-do. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 42, 518-522.