- Volume 54 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Species composition of larval fishes in the eastern Jinhae Bay, Korea
진해만 동부해역에 출현하는 자치어의 종조성
- KIM, Hyeon Ji (Department of Seafood & Aquaculture Science/Institue of Marine Industry.Marine Bio-Education & Research Center, Gyeonsang National University) ;
- JEONG, Jae Mook (Fisheries Resources Research Center, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- PARK, Jong Hyeok (Department of Seafood & Aquaculture Science/Institue of Marine Industry.Marine Bio-Education & Research Center, Gyeonsang National University) ;
- HUH, Sung-Hoi (Department of Oceanography, Pukyong National University) ;
- BAECK, Gun Wook (Department of Seafood & Aquaculture Science/Institue of Marine Industry.Marine Bio-Education & Research Center, Gyeonsang National University)
- 김현지 (경상대학교 해양식품생명의학과.해양산업연구소.해양생물교육연구센터) ;
- 정재묵 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 박종혁 (경상대학교 해양식품생명의학과.해양산업연구소.해양생물교육연구센터) ;
- 허성회 (부경대학교 해양학과) ;
- 백근욱 (경상대학교 해양식품생명의학과.해양산업연구소.해양생물교육연구센터)
- Received : 2016.10.05
- Accepted : 2017.02.26
- Published : 2018.02.28
A study for species composition and abundance of the fish assemblages in the eastern Jinhae Bay, Korea was conducted using monthly larval collection by a RN80 net from October, 2010 to September, 2011. Of all the 45 species collected, the dominant species were Clupea pallasii, Hexagrammos otakii, Pholis fangi and Engraulis japonicus. Clupea pallasii, Hexagrammos otakii, Pholis fangi in winter and examined Engraulis japonicus, Acanthogobius sp., Parablennius yatabei, and Tridentiger trigonocephalus in summer appeared seasonally. Popoulation characteristic by stations was not clear seasonally and spatially, and appearance aspects of dominant species were similar by stations. Compared our results with other studies in the South Sea, dominant species and their appearance period were similar to their spawning period. Finally, the appearance period of the larvae in the South Sea was closely resulted to spawning period rather than the regional characteristic.
Composition of larval fishes;Eastern Jinhae Bay;Seasonal occurrence
- Bray RJ and Curtis JT. 1957. An ordination of the upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin. Ecol Monogr 27, 325-349. (DOI:10.2307/1942268) https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Cha SS and Park KJ. 1994. Distribution of the ichthyoplankton in Kwangyang Bay. Korean J Ichthyol 6, 60-70.
- Choi HC, Park JM and Huh SH. 2015. Spatio-temporal variations in species composition and abundance of larval fish assemblages in the Nakdong River Estuary, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 27, 104-115. (ECN:ECN-0102-2015-500-001781257)
- Chyung MK. 1977. The Fishes of Korea. Ilji-sa, Seoul, Korea, 727.
- Clarke KR and Gorley RN. 2006. User manual/tutorial. Primer-E Ltd., Plymouth, 93.
- Han KH, Lee SH, Hwang JH, Yeon IH, Kim HJ and Oh SJ. 2011. Early developmental morphology of the Pacific herring, Clupea pallasii. Bull Fish Sci Inst Chonnam Nat Univ 19, 17-22.
- Huh SH and An YR. 2000. Species composition seasonal variation of fish assemblage in the coastal water off Gadeok-do, Korea. 1. Fishes collected by small otter trawl. J Kor Fish Soc 33, 288-301.
- Huh SH, Han MI, Hwang SJ, Park JM and Baeck GW. 2011. Seasonal variation in species xomposition and abundance of larval fish assemblages in the south-western Jinhae Bay, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 23, 37-45.
- Jeong JM, Park JM, Huh SH, Ye SJ, Kim HJ and Baeck GW. 2013. Seasonal variation in the species composition of fish assemblages in the coastal waters off Gadeok-do, South Sea, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 46, 948-956. (ECN:ECN-0102-2014-500-001987437)
- Kang, HW, Chung EY, Lee CH and Lee JY. 2002. Effect of water temperature on hatching, and effects of water temperature and feeding regime on growth and survival of the larvae of greenling Hexagrammos otakii. Korean J Ichthyol 14, 85-92. (ECN:ECN-0102-2009-520-003951750)
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CH, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated Book of Korean Fishes. Kyohak Publ, Seoul, Korea, 615.
- Kim TK and Kim ES. 2009. Seawater quality of Jinhae bay and adjacent sea of gaduk island, Korea. J Kor Soc Mar Environ Safety 6, 137-143.
- Kim YU and Han KH. 1990. Early life history and spawning behavior of the gobiid Fish, Tridentiger trigonocephalus (Gill) reared in the laboratory. Korean J Ichthyol 2, 53-62.
- Kim YU, Han KH and Kim BH. 1993. The embryonic and larval development of the Greenling, Hexagrammos otakii Jordan et Starks. Korean J Ichthyology, 5(2), 151-159.
- Kwak SN and Park JM. 2014. Temporal and spatial variation in species composition and abundances of ichthyoplankton in Masan Bay. Korean J Ichthyol 26, 42-49.
- Lee CI, Jang LH and Park SE. 2009. Influence of water temperature during the main spawning period on anchovy catch. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 5, 297-301.
- Lee SJ and Go YB. 2003. Development of trunk musculature and fins in the early growth of anchovy, Engraulis japonica. Korean J Ichthyol 15, 45-52.
- Moon DH, Hur MK and Lee SH. 1998 Composition and distribution of zooplankton community in neighboring waters of the Kaduk Island in Pusan. Teach Educ Res 36, 203-214.
- Okiyama M. 1988. An Atlas of the Early Stage Fishes in Japan. Tokai University Press Tokyo, 1154.
- Park KD, Myoung JG, Kang YJ and Kim YU. 2005. Seasonal variation of abundance and species composition of ichthyoplankton in the coastal water off Tongyoung, Korea J Kor Fish Soc 35, 385-392.
- Shannon CE and Weaver W. 1949. The Mathematical Theory of Communication Univ Illinois Press, Urbana, U.S.A., 177.
- Somerfield PJ. 2008. Identification of the Bray-Curtis similarity index : Comment on Yoshioka (2008). Mar Ecol Prog Ser, 372, 303-306. (DOI:10.3354/meps07841) https://doi.org/10.3354/meps07841
- Taylor FHC. 1971. Variation in hatching success in pacific herring (Clupea pallasii) eggs with water depth, temperature, salinity and egg mass thickness. Reun Cons Int Explor Mer 160, 34-41.
- Thorman S and Wiederholm AM. 1983. Seasonal occurrence and food resource use of an assemblage of nearshore fish species in Bothnian Sea, Sweden. Mar Ecol Prog Ser Oldendorf 10, 223-229. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps010223
- Yun SG and Paik SG. 2001. Community Structure of Macrobenthos around Kadugdo, a South Coast of Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 34, 493-501.