- Volume 54 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An experimental study on the bypass-type DPF using pneumatic cylinder systems
공압 시스템을 이용한 바이패스형 매연여과장치의 실험적 연구
- KIM, Sang-Am (College of Engineering Sciences, Chonnam National University)
- 김상암 (전남대학교 공학대학)
- Received : 2018.01.04
- Accepted : 2018.02.19
- Published : 2018.02.28
Intermittent duty of emergency generator has problems emitting large quantities of PM and NOx in exhaust gas. The aim of this study is to propose DPF system which can be applied to medium-large emergency generators. The system is composed of soot dust collector, silencer and filter trap, which is designed to reduce PM emissions at the emergency generator start-up. The pneumatic system controls a flow direction of exhaust gas to pass through the soot collector and filter trap until the engine reaches complete combustion condition. An experiment is performed to measure PM content and concentration to analyze the performance and characteristics of the proposed system.
DPF;Filter-trap;PM;Exhaust gas;Pneumatic system
- Alward GS, DiChiara RA. 2005. Ceramic exhaust filter. Google Patents.
- Baik DS. 2006. The Performance Test on A Continuous Regeneration DPF in A HD Diesel Engine. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society 7(5), 788-792.
- Im CS, Um MD, Ryu JH and Kim YU. 2003. Reduction Characteristics of Diesel Nano-Particle by Diesel Pariculate Filter. Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 327-328.
- Kim DH and Ha JK. 2008. The Technology Trend of Particulate Material Reducing System for Diesel Engine. The Korean Society Of Automotive Engineers, 1428-1435.
- Hur JG, Kim TH and Yang KU. 2010. Study on the Position Control System of the Float Chamber using Air Control. The Korea Fluid Power Systems Society, 75-80.
- Konstandopoulos AG, Skaperdas E and Masoudi M. 2002. Microstructural Properties of Soot Deposits in Diesel Particulate Traps. SAE International. (DOI:10.4271/2000-01-1016) https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1016
- Konstandopoulos AG, Kostoglou M, Skaperdas E, Papaioannou E, Zarvalis D and Kladopoulou E. 2000. Fundamental Studies of Diesel Particulate Filters: Transient Loading, Regeneration and Aging. SAE International. (DOI:10.4271/2002-01-1015) https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1015
- Masoudi M, Konstandopoulos AG, Nikitidis MS, Skaperdas E, Zarvalis D, Kladopoulou E and Altiparmakis C. 2001. Validation of a Model and Development of a Simulator for Predicting the Pressure Drop of Diesel Particulate Filters. SAE International. (DOI:10.4271/2001-01-0911) https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0911
- Opris CN and Johnson JH. 1998. A 2-D Computational Model Describing the Flow and Filtration Characteristics of a Ceramic Diesel Particulate Trap. SAE International. (DOI:10.4271/980545) https://doi.org/10.4271/980545
- Jeong SY, IM JH, Kim SM, Kim HS and Kim KH. 2008. A Performance quality by front of catalyst inlet length change of exhaustion reduction system. 963-967. The Korean Society Of Automotive Engineers.
- Ki SW and Choi SS. 2010. An Experimental Study on the Smoke Reduction System of the Exhaust Gas Suction Type. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering 34(6), 833-839. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2010.34.6.833