- Volume 54 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Age and growth of the Okhotsk atka mackerel, Pleurogrammus azonus in the coastal of Gangwon-do, East Sea
동해 강원도 연안 임연수어, Pleurogrammus azonus의 연령과 성장
- YANG, Jae-Hyeong (Fisheries Resources and environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- YOON, Byoung-Sun (Fisheries Resources and environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- KIM, Jong-Bin (Fisheries Resources and environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- CHOI, Young-Min (Cetacean Fisheries Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- PARK, Jeong-Ho (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- LEE, Jae-Bong (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- PARK, Kie-Young (Department of Marine Biotechnololy, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- LEE, Dong-Jin (Gangneung District Offices of Statistics, Dongbuk Regional Offices of Statistics, Korea Statistics)
- 양재형 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 윤병선 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 김종빈 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 최영민 (국립수산과학원 고래연구센터) ;
- 박정호 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 이재봉 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 박기영 (강릉원주대학교) ;
- 이동진 (통계청)
- Received : 2017.10.31
- Accepted : 2018.02.01
- Published : 2018.02.28
The age and growth of Pleurogrammus azonus in the coastal of Gangwon-do, East Sea were determined, from monthly samples of commercial catches, caught by the gill net and set net fishery from January to December in 2008. Gonadosomatic index (GSI) began to increase in September, and reached the maximum between November and December. After spawning GSI began to decrease from January. The annuli of P. azonus are formed once a year, with the boundary between opaque and translucent zones forming from December to January. The relationships between fork length (FL) and body weight (BW) were
Pleurogrammus azonus;Okhotsk atka mackerel;Age;Growth;the East Sea
Grant : 동해 연안어업 및 환경생태조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Bertalanffy L von. 1938. A quantitative theory of organic growth (Inquiries on growth laws II). Hum Biol 10, 181-213.
- Campana SE. 2014. Age determination of elasmobranchs, with special reference to Mediterranean species : A technical manual. Studies Rev 94, 32-34.
- Chae JH, Han CH, Lee JH and Hong JS. 2008. A short note on a euphausiid, Euphausia pacifica, an important food source to demersal fishes in Uljin area, the eastern coast of Korea. J Enviro Bio 29, 471-474. (http://hdl.handle.net/2115/21985)
- Chung EY and Kim SY. 1994. On the maturity and spawning of greenling, Hexagrammos agrammus. Kor J Ichthyol 6, 222-236.
- Fadeev NS. 2005. Guide to biology and fishes of the North Pacific Ocean. Vladivostok, Tinro-Center, 366.
- Hong JM, Yoon JS and Lee TW. 2014. Age and growth of flathead grey mullet Mugil cephalus collected by a two-side fyke net in the coastal water off Taean, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 26, 194-201. (http://uci.or.kr/G704-001000.2014.26.3.011)
- Kang HW, Chung EY and Kim JH. 2004. Sexual maturation and spawning characteristics in greenling, Hexagrannos otakii of the West coast in Korea. J Aqut 17, 30-38.
- Kim HY, Huh SJ, Kim ST and Seo YI. 2015. Age and growth of Marbled flounder, Pleuronectes yokohamae (Günther) in the southern waters of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 51, 35-41. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KFAS.2015.51.1.035. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.035
- Kim YH, Kang YJ and Ryu DK. 2000. Growth of Ammodytes personatus in the South sea, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 12, 166-172.
- Kooka K, Takatsu T, Naga T, Hayakawa Y, Kamiharako T and Takahashi T. 2000. Age and Growth of Marbled flounder (Pleuronectes yokohamae) in the coastal waters of western Aomori Prefecture, Japan. Bull Fac Fish Hokkaido Univ 51, 121-126.
- Lee SI, Yang JH, Yoon SC, Chun YY, Kim JB, Cha HK, Chang DS and Kim JW. 2009. Maturity and Spawning of the Atka Mackerel, Pleurogrammus azonus (Jordan and Metz) in the East Sea. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 42, 633-641. (DOI: 10.5657/kfas.2009.42.6.633) https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.6.633
- Marannu S, Nakaya M, Takatsu T, Takabatake S, Joh M and Suzuki Y. 2017. Otolith microstructure of arabesque greenling Pleurogrammus azonus: A species with a long embryonic period. Fish Res 194, 129-134. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2017.06.002
- Morita SH, Morita K, Hamatsu T, Chimura M, Yamashit Y, Sasaki K and Sato T. 2015. Differential effects of the environment on the growth of arabesque greenling (Pleurogrammus azonus): does rising temperature benefit young but not old fish?. Environ Biol Fish 98, 801-809. (DOI:10.1007/s10641-014-0316-x) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10641-014-0316-x
- Morita SH, Morita K, Hamatsu T, Chimura M, Yamashita Y, Sasaki K and Sato T. 2015. Differential effects of the environment on the growth of arabesque greenling (Pleurogrammus azonus): does rising temperature benefit young but not old fish?. Environ Biol Fish 98, 801-809. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10641-014-0316-x
- Munehara H and Markevich A. 2003. Spawning behavior of Japan Sea Greenling, Pleurogrammus azonus, off the Bol'shoi Pelis Island, Peter the Great Bay, Russia. Bull Fish Sci Hokkaido Univ 54, 67-72. (http://hdl.handle.net/2115/21985)
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute (NFRDI). 2004. Commercial fishes of the coastal & offshore waters in Korea (2nd ed.). Hanguel graphics Busan, 258.
- Neilson JD and Geen GH. 1985. Otolith of chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha): Daily growth increment and factors influencing their production. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 39, 1340-1347.
- Novikov NP, Sokolovsky AS, Sokolovskaya TG and Yakoclev Ym. 2002. The fishes of Primorye. Far Eastern State Tech Univ, Vladivostok, Russia, 552.
- Pannella G. 1980. Growth patterns in fish sagittae. 519-559.
- Park JS and Simizu M. 1990. Age and growth of the Marbled flounder Limanda yokohamae in Tokyo bay, Japan. Bull. Korean Fish Tech Soc 26, 309-316.
- Rhoads DC, Dean JM and Campana SE. 1995. Skeletal growth of aquatic organisms: Biological records of environmental change. Plenum Press, New York, 519-560.
- Secor DH, Dean JM and Campana SE. 1995. Recent developments in fish otolith research. University of South Carolina Press, USA, 735.
- Solomon G, Sano M, Simizu M and Nose Y. 1987. Age and growth of the Pleuronectid flounder Limanda yokohamae in Tokyo Bay, Japan. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 53, 711-716. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.53.711
- Takashima T, Hoshino N, Itaya K, Maeda K and Miyashita K. 2013. Age validation using sectioned otoliths and age-size relationship for the Northern Hokkaido stock of the Arabesque greenling Pleurogrammus azonus. Nip Sui Gak 79, 383-393. (DOI:10.2331/suisan.79.383) https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.79.383
- Takashima T, Okada N, Asami H, Hoshino N, Shida O and Miyashita K. 2016. Maturation process and reproductive biology of female Arabesque greenling Pleurogrammus azonus in the Sea of Japan, off the west coast of Hokkaido. Fish Sci 82, 225-240. (DOI:10.1007/s12562-015-0951-y) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-015-0951-y
- Takashima T. 2006. Target strength of live arabesque greenling Pleurogrammus azonus suspended in the sea. Sci Rep Hokkaido Fish Exp Stn 70, 73-80.
- Takemura Y and Yamane T. 1953. Note on the food of Pleurogrammus azonus taken from the western coast of Hokkaido. Bull Jpn Soc Sci Fish 19, 11-117. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.19.111
- Walford LA. 1946. A new graphic method of describ-ing the growth of animals. Bio Bull, 141-147.