- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Blockchain technology usage on health equity: Is Blockchain technology a panacea for global health equity issues?
건강정보에 대한 블록체인 기술 응용: 블록체인 기술은 글로벌 건강 정보 이슈에 대해 만병 통치약이 될 수 있는가?
- Received : 2018.10.08
- Accepted : 2018.11.21
- Published : 2018.12.31
This paper explores the potential of Blockchain technology in enabling a panacea for health equity. Since Satoshi Nakamoto first described Blockchain technology in 2008 pseudonymous paper, that distributed ledger system is empowered and ranging from finance to law to another sector and beyond. Also impacting healthcare sector and life science. In other words, there are many usage cases being researched in healthcare and Blockchain has shown its considerable special side in recent years. But this paper aims to the distributed ledger that is the special side of Blockchain technology is potentially can panacea for some global health equity issues such as patient data, counterfeit drug and hospital payment management.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김영건, 정경원 2017. "대한민국의 EHR 채택률 : 네이션와이드 조사," International Journal of Medical Informatics (101:1), pp. 100-107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2017.02.009
- 김상만, 엄기현, 오재영 2009. "Online 의료웹서비스 품질과 지식제공성과의 관계 연구" 지식경영연구 (11:1), pp. 1-17.
- 김상만, 이연주 2009. "의료서비스산업에서의 고객지식 획득과 활용방안: 기대 불일치 이론을 중심으로," 지식경영연구 (11:3), pp. 59-76.
- 고영희, 이미현 2013. "기업의 보유 특허 특성과 경제적 활용 가능성에 대한 연구-의료화학산업 특허를 중심으로" 지식경영연구 (14:1), pp. 39-55.
- Adam, B., and Matt, C. 2014. "Enabling Block chain innovations with Pegged sidechains": Semantic Scholar Publish (56:2), pp. 1-24.
- Bill, S. 2017. "Transforming value-based payment, precision medicine, patient-centric care," Healthcare IT news (11:15), pp. 1-9.
- Buterin, V. 2015. "On private and public Block chain," Etherium Blog.
- Chaum, D. 1983. "Blind Signatures for Untraceable Payments: Advances Handbook in Cryptology proceeding of Crypto 82 , New York: Springer Science Business Media", pp. 199-203.
- Crosby, M., Pradan, P. and Sanjeev, V. 2016. "Blockchain technology: Beyond Bitcoin," Applied Innovation Review (2:1), pp. 1-8.
- Karen, T. 2015. How digital technology is transforming health and social care: Deloitte Center for Health Solutions Inc., 1st Edition.
- Drew, I. 2016. Moving toward a Blockchain-based method for the secure storage of patient records, New York: The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Fredrik, P,.Milani,L ,.and Marlon,D. 2016. "Blockchain and Business Process Improvement," IT Professional Magazine (16:4), pp. 8-11.
- Gartee,R. 2011. Electronic Health Records: Understand and Using Computerized Medical Records: Pearson Education Publishing Company, pp. 1-11.
- Irving,G,.and Holden,J.2017. "How Blockchain-timestamped protocols could improve the trustworthiness of medical science"
- Kefa,R. 2016. "Challenges& Opportunities for Blockchain powered healthcare systems: A review," Mara Research Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences (1:1), pp. 45-52.
- Kevin, Q. 2015. "The 8 basic payment methods in Healthcare," Medicine and Public Issues (163:2), pp. 300-306.
- Kho, W. 2018. "Blockchain revolution in healthcare: The era of patient-centered Dental Information System," International Journal of Oral Biology (43:1), pp. 107-112.
- Kim, Y.-G,.Jung, K.-W,and Park, Y.-T.2017. "Rate of electronic health record adoption in South Korea: A nation-wide survey," International Journal of Medical Informatics (101:1), pp. 100-107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2017.02.009
- Latanya, S. 2002. "K-anonymity: A model for protecting privacy," International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-based systems (10:5), pp. 557-570. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218488502001648
- Margaret, R. 2014. "Clinical document Architecture (CDA)," in Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Health Information Management Research Conference (iSHIMR-2005), Toronto, Canada.
- Matthias, M. 2016. "Blockchain technology in Healthcare: The revolution starts here," in IEEE 18th International Conference on e-health Networking (CSo-2016), Shanghai, China.
- Matyika,J,.Michael,C,.and Brad,B. 2011. Big data: The next frontier for Innovation, Competition and Productivity: Overview of McKinsey Institute (2nd Ed.), pp. 1-20.
- Nakamoto, S. 2008. "Bitcoin: A peer to peer electronic cash systems".
- Raghu, D. 2017. Global counterfeit drug detection devices market assessment& Forecast: Research and Markets report by 2017-2021.
- Stephan, C,.Jeffrey,C,.and Saralees,N. 2017. "A statistical analysis of cryptocurrencies," in Journal of Risk and Financial Management (10:12), pp. 1-23. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm10010001
- Steward, M. 2005. "Electronic medical records," in Journal of Legal Medicine (26:4), pp. 491-495. https://doi.org/10.1080/01947640500364762
- Xiao, Y,.and Huiju, W. 2016. "Healthcare data gateways: Found healthcare intelligence on Blockchain with novel privacy risk control," in Journal of Medical Systems (40:218), pp. 1-8 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-015-0365-5