- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of the Social Contribution Activities on Local Developmental Achievement with a focus on the Mediating effect of Inter-Firm Connected Activity
사회공헌활동이 기업 간 연계 활동의 매개효과를 중심으로 지역발전성과에 미치는 영향
- Ahn, Jae-Hyun (Business Service Center for Global Environmental Regulation Industrial Environmental Division, Korean Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Hong, Seok-Jin (Business Service Center for Global Environmental Regulation Industrial Environmental Division, Korean Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Kim, Sun-Wook (Business Service Center for Global Environmental Regulation Industrial Environmental Division, Korean Institute of Industrial Technology)
- 안재현 (한국생산기술연구원 국가청정생산지원센터 환경규제대응실) ;
- 홍석진 (한국생산기술연구원 국가청정생산지원센터 환경규제대응실) ;
- 김선욱 (한국생산기술연구원 국가청정생산지원센터 환경규제대응실)
- Received : 2017.11.21
- Accepted : 2018.02.02
- Published : 2018.02.28
Due to the growing awareness and demand for corporate social responsibility, the corporate activities designed to make a social contribution are becoming increasingly diversified. Nonetheless, according to a periodic survey, the public has become dissatisfied with the social contribution activities of domestic corporations. The perceptions of the social contribution activities of domestic corporations and the public were found to be quite different. In this study, the Social Contribution Activities were classified into three factors, "Socio-Cultural Resource Activities", "Indirect Social Resource activities" and "Economic Resource Activities", and the effect of each factor on the inter-firm connected activities and achievements of local development were analyzed. Firstly, the "Socio-Cultural Resource Activities" and "Indirect Social Resource Activities" were shown to have a positive effect on the Inter-firm connected activities in the community. Secondly, it was found that the more active the Inter-firm connected activities were in the community, the bigger their positive effect was on the achievements of local development. Thirdly, the "Economic Resource Activities" were shown to have a positive effect on the achievement of local development. Fourthly, "Socio-Cultural Resource Activities" and "Indirect Social Resource Activities" were shown to have a positive effect on the Inter-firm connected activities and an indirect positive effect on the achievement of local development. Based on this research, we quantitatively determine the relationship between the corporate social contribution activities and performance.
- K. K. Shin, A Study on the Effects of the Social Responsibility Activities in Korea : Finite Kimberly Billery Blue Skies Focused on Blue Paper Cases, The Korea Journal of Advertising, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 24-38, 2003.
- C. S. Kim, The Effect of Contribution Activity of the Business Corporation, Korean Society for Journalism and Communication Studies, vol. 2006, pp. 511-525, 2006.
- S. A. Park, Corporate social responsibility management, p243, Korean Studies Information, 2007.
- S. B. Choi, and H. S. Park, The Influence of ISO 26000 Implementation on Corporate Image and Purchase Intention : Focusing on Seven Core Subjects and Sustainability Reports, Journal of Product Research, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 133-134, 2015.
- J. H. Kim, C. Y. Jang, Y. L. Tae, and H. C. Kim, The Types and Processes of Corporate Philanthropy Programs on Forestry in Korea 500 Companies, Journal of Korean Forest Society, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 816-826, 2010.
- Byung Hoon, Ahn, A Study on the Present Situation and Prospects of Social Liability Management in Korean Business, p83, Sustainable Industry, Sustainable Korea, 2006.
- Dong Soo, Kim, Publish the social responsibility (CSR) collection of overseas enterprises, p88, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, 2011.
- E. K. Park, Lack of contribution to corporate social contribution, Hankyoreh, c2015[cited 2015 Jun 22], Available From : http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/economy/economy_general/696 917.html. (accessed Nov, 10, 2017)
- W. G. Choi, Research about development of social contribution model for the postal service : focusing on internal perspective of Korea post, Yonsei University, pp. 1-124, 2006.
- H K, Kim, Study on the impact of the perceived 2orporate's social contribution activities on the consumers' re-purchase intension, Chungnam National University, pp. 1-72, 2010.
- S. B. Kwon, The Effect of the Suitability of CSR on the Intrinsic Stakeholder, Sung kyun kwan University, pp. 1-62, 2013.
- J. R. Kim, K. H. Lee, and J. S. Hwang, Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR)'s Strategic Activities, Involvement, Message Strategy on the Effectiveness of CSR Communication, Advertising Research, vol. -, no. 85, pp. 229-257, 2010.
- C. H. Kang, M. H. Kim, and S. Y. Heo, An Exploration on the Expansion Plan for Corporate Philanthropy, Health and Social Welfare Review, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 191-220, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.3.191
- H. M. Bae, J. L. Ryee, and S. Y. Woo, A study on the influence of corporate social responsibility(CSR) on corporate image and reputation, International Area Studies Review, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 868-891, 2007.
- H K, Lee, and H. Y. Chae, Strategic partnership between enterprises, Kyungpook Foreign Language Techno College, vol. 3, no. -, pp. 243-262, 1997.
- S. J. Sung, and H. Y. Lee, Trust Building Level and Linkage's Spatial Characteristics on Logistics & Storage Industry in the City of Busan, Journal of the Economic Geograohical Society of Korea, vol. 12, no. 4, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 454-476, 2009. DOI: http://doi.org/10.23841/egsk.2009.12.4.454 https://doi.org/10.23841/egsk.2009.12.4.454
- H. M. R. Hong, An Exploratory Study on Community Approach Strategies Social Enterprise : Reconstructing Community Social Capital, Social Science Research Institute, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 135-155, 2008.
- H. C. Lee, And H. B. Park, Social Capital and Rgional Development, Korean Public Administration Quarterly, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1183-1207, 2005.
- S. J. Lee, J. H. Moon, E. G. Jang, H. S. Park, K. M. Kim, and J. S. Kim, Determinants of Public Conflict Resolution in Regional Development Projects, The Korea Spatial Planning Review, vol. 74, no. -, pp. 195-220, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15793/kspr.2012.74..012
- S. W. Park, and H. J. Kwon A Study on the Efficiency of Regional Development Policy in the Era of the Globalization and the Capital Region Research, p143, Korea Research Institute for human settlements, 1998.
- K. H. Nor, A Study on the impact of event satisfaction of visitor on the image as a tourism destination, Academic Society of Event & Convention, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 61-77, 2006.
- T. S. Park, and M. Y. Lee, Accessibility Measure of Cultural Facilities Using Urban Network Analysis, Korea Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 35, No2, pp. 455-464, 2015. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2015.35.2.0455
- Cliford. A, and Dixon, Sarahh E. A. Green-Works : A Model for Combining Social and Ecological entrepreneurship, in Mair, J., Robinson, J. & Hockerts, K.(eds.), Social Entrepreneurship. Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 214-235, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230625655_14 https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230625655_14
- W. B. Jang, A Search for Regional Social Economic Movement(Focused on Regional Specialization Project of the National Foundation for Overcoming Unemployment), Korean Center for City and Environment Research, vol. 73, no. -, pp. 124-139, 2005.
- Hauge. H, The Role of Social Enterprise in Regional Development, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 346-357, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJESB.2005.007085 https://doi.org/10.1504/IJESB.2005.007085
- Y. R. Lee, and M. H. Lee, The Analysis of Network Characteristics of Social Enterprisesand Its Impacts on Local Community(Focusing on Social Venture Valley in Seongsu-dong Area), Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 161-188, 2017.
- Y. B. Kwon, A study on the Linkage between a social Enterprise and a private Firm in a community, Universitu of Seoul, pp. 1-130, 2011
- Johnson. J. D, Snepenser. D. J, and Akis. S, Residents' perceptionsof tourism development, Annals of Tourism Research, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 629-642, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(94)90124-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(94)90124-4
- K. H. Lee, and Y. C. Song, A Study on the Perceptions of Influence about the CasinoIndustry affect on the Regional Development(With Kangwon Land Case as the Focus), Journal of Local Government Studies, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 81-104, 2011.
- Brown, T. J, and Dacin, P. A, The Company and the Product : Corporate Associations and Consumer Product Responses, Journal of Marketing, vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 68-84, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1252190 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252190
- Hwang, soon, chul, Study on impact of social contributing activities of corporations on corporation image, intention to purchase and brand image, hansung University, pp. 1-94, 2012.