- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Lifetime Prediction and Aging Behaviors of Nitrile Butadiene Rubber under Operating Environment of Transformer
- Qian, Yi-hua (Electric Power Research Institute of Guangdong Power Grid Corporation) ;
- Xiao, Hong-zhao (College of Chemistry and Molecular Science, Wuhan University) ;
- Nie, Ming-hao (College of Chemistry and Molecular Science, Wuhan University) ;
- Zhao, Yao-hong (Electric Power Research Institute of Guangdong Power Grid Corporation) ;
- Luo, Yun-bai (College of Chemistry and Molecular Science, Wuhan University) ;
- Gong, Shu-ling (College of Chemistry and Molecular Science, Wuhan University)
- Received : 2017.08.21
- Accepted : 2017.12.27
- Published : 2018.03.01
Based on the actual operating environment of transformer, the aging tests of nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) were conducted systematically under four conditions: in air, in transform oil, under compression in air and under compression in transform oil to studythe effect of high temperature, transform oil and compression stress simultaneously on the thermal aging behaviors of nitrile butadiene rubber and predict the lifetime. The effects of liquid media and compression stress simultaneously on the thermal aging behaviors of nitrile butadiene rubber were studied by using characterization methods such as IR spectrosc-opy, thermogravimetric measurements, Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) measurements and mechanical property measurements. The changes in physical properties during the aging process were analyzed and compared. Different aging conditions yielded materials with different properties. Aging at
Supported by : China Southern Power Grid Co., Ltd., National Natural Science Foundation of China, Wuhan University
- Alcock B and Jorgensen JK, "The mechanical properties of a model hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR) following simulated sweet oil exposure at elevated temperature and pressure," Polym Test, vol.46, pp.50-58, Sep. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2015.06.010
- Buckley GS and Roland M, "Influence of liquid media on lifetime predictions of nitrile Rubber," J Appl Polym Sci, vol. 131, pp. 40296-40301, Dec. 2014.
- Budrugeac P, "Accelerated thermal aging of nitrilebutadiene rubber under air pressure," Polym Degrad Stab, vol.47, pp.129-132, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-3910(94)00101-D
- Bystritskaya EV, Monakhova TV and Ivanov VB, "TGA application for optimising the accelerated aging conditions and predictions of thermal aging of rubber," Polym Test, vol.32, pp.197-201, Apr. 2012.
- Choi SS and Kim JC, "Lifetime prediction and thermal aging behaviors of SBR and NBR composites using crosslink density changes," J Ind Eng Chem, vol.18, pp.1166-1170, May. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2012.01.011
- Datta RN, Huntink NM, Datta S and Talma AG, "Rubber vulcanizates degradation and stabilization," Rubber Chem Technol, vol.80, pp. 436-480, Jul. 2017.
- Grassie N and Heaney A, "Thermal degradation of copolymers of butadiene and acrylonitrile," Rubber Chem Technol, vol.48, pp.678-691, May. 1974.
- Hakkarainen M, Albertsson AC and Karlsson S, "Migration and emission of plasticizer and its degradation products during thermal aging of nitrile butadiene rubber," Int J Polym Anal Charact, vol. 8, pp. 279-293, Oct. 2010..
- Hara T, Ogawa T, OSawa S, Nakamura S, Yasunori Y and Minegishi K, "Ozone deterioration of nitrile butadiene rubber surface," Materials life, vol. 10, pp. 93,1998.
- Kawashima T and Ogawa T, "Prediction of the lifetime of nitrile-butadiene rubber by FT-IR," Anal Sci, pp. 21, vol. 1475-1478, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2116/analsci.21.1475
- Kuczkowski JA, "Stabilization of raw dienic synthetic rubber polymers," Rubber Chem Technol, vol. 84, pp. 273-295, Sep. 2001.
- Liu X, Zhao JH, Yang R, Iervolino R and Barbera S, "A novel in-situ aging evaluation method by FTIR and the application to thermal oxidized nitrile butadiene rubber," Polym Degrad Stab, vol. 128, pp. 99-106, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2016.03.008
- Lv XR, Wang HM and Wang SJ, "Effect of swelling nitrile butadiene rubber in cyclohexane on its aging, friction and wear characteristics," Wear, vol. 328-329, pp. 414-421, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2015.03.016
- Morrell PR, Patel M and Skinner AR, "Accelerated thermal aging studies on nitrile butadiene rubber Orings," Polym Test, vol.22, pp.651-656, Sep. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-9418(02)00171-X
- Trakarnpruk W and Porntangjitlikit S, "Palm oil biodiesel synthesized with potassium loaded calcined hydrotalcite and effect of biodiesel blend on elastomer properties," Renew Energy, vol. 33, pp. 1558-1563, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2007.08.003
- Woo CS, Choi SS and Member, "Useful lifetime prediction of rubber components using accelerated testing," IEEE T Reliab, vol.59, pp.11-17, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.2010.2042103
- Xiong Y, Fu BQ and Guo SY, "Study of stress accelerated aging behavior of sulfured nitrilebutadiene rubber," Equip Environ Eng, vol.9, no.3, pp. 52-55, Mar. 2012.
- Zhao JH, Yang R and Iervolino R, "Investigation of crosslinking in the thermooxidative aging of nitrilebutadiene rubber," J Appl Polym Sci, vol.132, pp.41319-41323, Aug. 2015.
- Zhang H and Chang C, "Study of UV irradiation on behavior of NBR rubber from oil seal," Adv Mater Res, vol.1082, pp.42-45, Nov. 2015.
- Zhu ZM, Cheng Q and Jiang CK, "Scratch behavior of the aged hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber," Wear, vol.352-353, pp.155-159, Apr. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2016.02.010
- Zhu ZM, Jiang CK and Cheng Q, "Accelerated aging test of hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber using the time-temperature-strain superposition principle," RSC Adv, vol.5, pp.90178-90183, Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1039/C5RA18528A