- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Behavior of optimized prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs
- Lu, Yanqiu (Beijing Capital Highway Development Group Co., Ltd.) ;
- Ji, Lun (School of transportation science and engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2017.05.17
- Accepted : 2017.12.05
- Published : 2018.01.25
The traditional prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs have several drawbacks such as large deflection and potential local buckling. In this study, two methods were investigated to optimize and improve the prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs. The first method was to replace the concrete bottom slab with a steel plate and the second method was to support the concrete bottom slab on the steel flanges. The behavior of the prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs with either method was studied by experiments on three specimens. The test results showed that behavior of the optimized and upgraded prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs, including ultimate bearing capacity, flexural stiffness, and crack resistance, is greatly improved. In addition, the influence of different shear connectors, including perfobond leisten (PBL) and stud shear connectors, on the behavior of prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs was studied. The results showed that PBL shear connectors can greatly improve the ultimate bearing capacity, flexural stiffness and crack resistance property of the prestressed concrete composite box-girders with corrugated steel webs. However, for the efficiency of prestressing introduced into the girder, the PBL shear connectors do not perform as well as the stud shear connectors.
Supported by : China Scholarship Council
- Ahn, J.H., Lee, C.G., Won, J.H. and Kim, S.H. (2010), "Shear resistance of the perfobond-rib shear connector depending on concrete strength and rib arrangement", J. Construct. Steel Res., 66(10), 1295-1307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2010.04.008
- Barakat, S., Mansouri, A.A. and Altoubat, S. (2015), "Shear strength of steel beams with trapezoidal corrugated webs using regression analysis", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 18(3), 757-773. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.18.3.757
- Basher, M., Shanmugam, N.E. and Khalim, A. (2011), "Horizontally curved composite plate girders with trapezoidal corrugated webs", J. Construct. Steel Res., 67(6), 947-956. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2011.01.015
- Chen, X.C., Ftk, A. and Bai, Z.Z. (2015), "Flexural ductility of reinforced and prestressed concrete sections with corrugated steel webs", Comput. Concrete, Int. J., 16(4), 625-642. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2015.16.4.625
- Ding, Y., Jiang, K.B. and Liu, Y.W. (2012), "Nonlinear analysis for PC box-girder with corrugated steel webs under pure torsion", Thin-Wall. Struct., 51(2), 167-173. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2011.10.013
- He, J., Liu, Y., Chen, A. and Yoda, T. (2012), "Mechanical behavior and analysis of composite bridges with corrugated steel webs: State-of-the-art", Int. J. Steel Struct., 12(3), 321-338. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-012-3003-9
- He, J., Liu, Y.Q., Xu, X.Q. and Li, L.B. (2014), "Loading capacity evaluation of composite box girder with corrugated webs and steel tube slab", Struct. Eng. Mech., Int. J., 50(4), 501-524. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2014.50.4.501
- Huang, Q.W. and Chen, B.C. (2016), "Trial design for concrete arch bridge with corrugated steel web", J. Harbin Inst. Technol., 23(6), 16-24. [In Chinese]
- Jung, K.H., Kim, K.S., Sim, C.W. and Kim, J.H.J. (2011), "Verification of incremental launching construction safety for the Ilsun Bridge, the world's longest and widest prestressed concrete box girder with corrugated steel web section", J. Bridge Eng., 3(5), 453-460.
- Kim, K.S., Lee, D.H., Choi, S.M., Choi, Y.H. and Jung, S.H. (2011), "Flexural behavior of prestressed composite beams with corrugated webs: Part I. Development and analysis", Compos. Part B Eng., 42(6), 1603-1611. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2011.04.020
- Lee, D.H., Oh, J.Y., Kang, H., Kim, K.S., Kim, H.J. and Kim, H.Y. (2015), "Structural performance of prestressed composite girders with corrugated steel plate webs", J. Construct. Steel Res., 104(7), 9-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2014.09.014
- Li, L., Xiao, X. and Liu, Q. (2012), "Study on the residual flexural capacity of composite box girders with corrugated steel webs after fatigue damage", China Civil Eng. J., 45(7), 111-119.
- Nie, J., Tao, M.X., Wu, L., Nie, X. and Lei, F. (2012), "Advance of research on steel - concrete composite bridge", China Civil Eng. J., 45(6), 110-122.
- Sause, R., Abbas, H.H., Driver, R.G., Anami, K. and Fisher, J.W. (2015), "Fatigue life of girders with trapezoidal corrugated webs", J. Struct. Eng., 132(7), 1070-1078.
- Song, S.D., Zhu, B., Chen, K.J. and Xiang, B.S. (2014), "Mechanical performance research on the box girder with corrugated steel webs without considering slippage", J. Railway Eng. Soc., 31(6), 50-55.
- Yong, D., Kebin, J., Fei, S. and Anzhong, D. (2013), "Experimental study on ultimate torsional strength of PC composite box-girder with corrugated steel Webs under pure torsion", Struct. Eng. Mech., Int. J., 46(4), 519-531. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2013.46.4.519