- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Convergence HRV Analysis for Significant Factor Diagnosing in Adult Patients with Sleep Apnea
수면무호흡을 가진 성인환자들의 주요인자 진단을 위한 융합 심박변이도 해석
- Kim, Min-Soo (Department of Aviation Information & Communication Eng. Kyungwoon University) ;
- Jeong, Jong-Hyeog (Department of Aviation Information & Communication Eng. Kyungwoon University) ;
- Cho, Young-Chang (Department of Aviation Information & Communication Eng. Kyungwoon University)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The aim of this study was to determine the statistical significance of heart rate variability(HRV) between sleep stages, Apnea-hypopnea index(AHI) and age in patients with obstructive sleep apnea(OSA). This study evaluated the main parameters of HRV over time domain and frequency domain in 40 patients with sleep apnea. The non-REM(sleep stage) was statistically validated by comparing the AHI degree of the three groups(mild, moderate, severe) of sleep apnea patients. The NN50(p=0.043), pNN50(p=0.044), VLF peak(p=0.022), LF/HF(p=0.028) were statistically significant in the R-R interval of patients with sleep apnea from the control group (p<0.05). The LF / HF (p = 0.045) and HF power (p = 0.0395) parameters between the non-RAM sleep (sleep 2 phase) and REM sleep in patients with sleep apnea were statistically significant in the control group(p<0.05). We may be able to provide a basis for understanding the correlation among AHI, sleep stage and age and heart rate variability in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
- S.N. Hong et al.," Upper Airway Evaluation in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea," Sleep Med. Res., Vol. 7, pp. 1-9, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17241/smr.2015.00535
- B. Ron et al,"The Use of Clinical Prtameters to Predict Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome Severity in Children," JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surq. Vol. 141, pp. 130-136, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoto.2014.3049
- V.K. Kapur et al.,"Clinical Practice Guideline for Diagnostic Testing for Adult OSA:An Americal Academy of Sleep Medicine Clinical Practice Guideline," Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 13, pp. 479-504, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5664/jcsm.6506
- C.F. Anamelia, H. Claudia and R. Rogerio," Sleep Apnea Clinical Score, Berlin Questionnaire or E pworth Sleepiness Scale:which is the best OSA predictor in patients with COPD?," Int J Gen Med., Vol. 8, pp. 275-281, 2015.
- M.R. Risk, V. Bril, C. Broadbridge,"Heart rate variability measurement in diabetic neuropathy: review of methods. Diabetes," Technol Ther Vol. 3, pp. 63-76, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1089/152091501750220028
- American academy of sleep medcine task force.: "Sleep-related breathing disorders in adults: recommendations for syndrome definition and measurement techniques in clinical research," Sleep, Vol. 22, pp. 667-689, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/22.5.667
- M.J. Ferreira, A. Zanesco,"Heart rate variability as important approach for assessment autinomic modulation," Motriz, Rio Claro, Vol. 22, pp. 3-8, 2016
- M. Bootsma, C.A. Swenne, H.H. Van," Heart rate and heart rate variability as indexes of sympathyovagal balance," Am J Physiol., Vol. 266, pp. H1565-H1571, 1994.
- A.L. Vinik, R.E. Maser, B. Mitchell," Diabetic autonomic neuropathy," Diabetes Care, Vol. 26, pp. 1553-1579, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.26.5.1553
- M.H. Bonnet, D.L. Arand," Heart rate variability: sleep stage, time of night, and arousal influences," Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol., Vol. 102, pp. 390-396, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-884X(96)96070-1
- C. Cajochen, J. Pischke, D. Aeschbach," Heart rate dynamics during human sleep," Physiol. Behav., Vol. 55, pp. 769-774, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9384(94)90058-2
- J. Trinder, J. Kleiman, M. Carrington," Autonomic activity during human sleep as a function of time and sleep stage," J Sleep Res., Vol. 10, pp. 253-264, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2869.2001.00263.x
- "Heart rate variability: standards of measurement, physiological interpretation and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology", Circulation, Vol. 93, pp. 1043-1065, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.93.5.1043
- S. Akselrod, D. Gordon, F.A. Ubel," Power spectrum analysis of heart rate fluctuation: a quantitative probe of beat-to-beat cardiovascular control," Science, Vol. 213, pp. 220-222, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.6166045
- M. Pagani, F. Lombardi, S. Guzzetti," Power spectral analysis of heart rate and arterial pressure variabilities as a marker of sympatho-vagal interaction in man and conscious dog," Circ. Res., Vol. 59, pp. 178-193, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.RES.59.2.178
- J.N. Rottman, R.C. Steinman, P. Albrecht," Efficient estimation of the heart period power spectrum suitable for physiologic or pharmacologic studies," Am J Cardiol., Vol. 66, pp. 1522, 1999.
- M.S. Kim, Y.C. Cho et al.,"Auto-detection of R Wave in ECG for Patch Type ECG Remote Monitoring System," Biomedical Engineering Letters", Vol. 1, pp. 180-187, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13534-011-0029-4