- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of a Disaster Nursing Convergence Education Program on Disaster Nursing Knowledge, Preparedness and Self-Confidence of Nursing Students
재난간호 융합교육프로그램이 간호학생의 재난간호 지식, 준비도 및 자신감에 미치는 효과
- Jung, Hyang-Mi (Department of Nursing, Dong-eui University) ;
- Kim, Nam-Hee (Department of Nursing, Dong-eui University) ;
- Lee, Yoen Hee (Department of Nursing, Dong-eui University) ;
- Kim, Myo Sung (Department of Nursing, Dong-eui University) ;
- Kim, Myung Ja (Department of Nursing, Dong-eui University)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The purpose of this study was conducted to identify the effect of a disaster nursing convergence education program on disaster knowledge, preparedness, and self-confidence. A quasi-experimental was conducted using nonequivalent control group pretest posttest design. The subjects were senior grade nursing students who were in B metropolitan city. The education program was provided using disaster management, disaster nursing practice, disaster psychosocial support. The experimental group was participated on program 56 hours during 2 weeks, from June 26 to July 7, 2017. The experimental group showed significant differences in disaster nursing knowledge(F=81.41, p<.001), preparedness(F=110.62, p<.001) and self-confidence(t=7.27, p<.001). Therefore this convegence program could be a good extra-curriculum and it is necessary to develop more variable contents.
Supported by : Dong-eui University
- K. M. Cha, et al, New Community Health Nursing. Jungmunkag Publishing, 2017.
- UNISDR(United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction) 2017 http://www.unisdr.org/
- N. R. Kim, "Korean Disaster Surgical Response Team: A Novel Challenge in Disaster," Journal of Trauma Acute Care Surgery, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 7-12, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17479/jacs.2014.4.1.7
- L. Cusack, P. Arbon, J. Ranse, "What is the Role of Nursing Students and Schools of Nursing during Disaster? a Discussion Paper," Collegian, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 193-197, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2010.09.006
- S. L. Farra, S. Smith, G. L. Gillespie, S. Nicely, D. Ulrich, E. Hodgson, D. French, "Decontamination Training: With and Without Virtual Reality Simulation," Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, Vol. 37, Issue. 2, pp. 125-133, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1097/TME.0000000000000059
- S. W. Hutchinson, S. Haynes, P. Parker, B. Dennis, C. McLin, W. Welldaregay, "Implementing a Multidisciplinary Disaster Simulation for Undergraduate Nursing Students," Nursing Education Perspectives, Vol. 32, Issue. 4, pp. 240-243, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5480/1536-5026-32.4.240
- S. K. Lee, The Knowledge and Awareness of Disaster Preparedness among Nurses in Emergency Department. Ulsan University, Master thesis, 2014.
- E. K. Ahn, K. L. Keum, S. Y. Choi, " A Study on the Disaster Preparedness of Nurses in Some Korean Regional Emergency Medical Centers," Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 94-109, 2011.
- K. S. Hammad, P. Arbon, K. M. Gebbie, "Emergency Nurses and Disaster Response: an Exploration of South Australian Emergency Nurses' Knowledge and Perceptions of Their Roles in Disaster Response," Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal, Vol. 14, Issue. 2, pp. 87-94, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aenj.2010.10.002
- Y. J. Park, E. J. Lee, "A Study on Ego-resilience, Disaster Experience and Core Competencies among Emergency Room Nurses," Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 67-79, 2015. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2015.21.1.67
- K. Bouda, M. Yokouchi, J. Okada, H. Fujimoto, R. Nakanobu, et al, "Education Issues based on the Results of Disaster Triage Training for Nursing Students," Journal of Japan Society of Disaster Nursing, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 25-39, 2007.
- J. Hur, H. J. Park, "Nursing Students' Perception, Competency of Disaster Nursing and Ego Resilience," Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 121-138, 2015.
- Y. R. Lee, M. H. Lee, S. K. Park, "Development of the Disaster Nursing Competency Scale for Nursing Students," Journal of the Korea Society of Disaster Information, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 511-520, 2013.
- E. K. Ahn, S. K. Kim, "Disaster Experience, Perception and Core Competencies on Disaster Nursing of Nursing Students," Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 257-267, 2013.
- M. Y. Kim, Influence of Disaster Preparedness Education Necessity Awareness, Actual Status, and Preparedness Knowledge on Nurses' Disaster Preparedness Abilities. Pukyong National University, Master thesis, 2016.
- H. J. Kim, "A Study on Disaster Preparedness, Core Competencies and Educational Needs on Disaster Nursing of Nursing Students," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 11, pp. 7447-7455, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7447
- D. C. Uhm, Y. I. Park, H. J. Oh, "Disaster Preparation of Visiting Nurses in Public Health Centers," Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 240-249, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.2.240
- C. H. Woo, J. Y. Yoo, J. Y. Park, "Experience, Awareness and Preparedness of Disaster among Nursing College Students," Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 19-35, 2015.
- Y. R. Lee, S. J. Han, C. M. Cho, "Disaster Experience, Perception and Perceived Stress of Nursing Students," The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 237-242, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2016.24.4.237
- Y. R. Lee, M. H. Lee, "A Study on Disaster Preparedness Competency in Public Health Center Workers," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 96-109, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.1.96
- O. H. Ahn, E. H. Jang, S. H. Kim, "Development of the Disaster Nursing Preparedness⦁Response Competency (DNPRC) Scale in Terms of Convergence," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 7, pp. 101-111, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.101
- J. W. Kim, Development of Nurse's Guideline for a Regional Emergency Center in Disaster. Ulsan University, Master thesis, 2011.
- M. A. Choe, N. Kuwano, K. S. Bang, M. K. Cho, Rika Yatsushiro, Yuki Kawata, "Japanese and Korean Nursing Students' Motivation for Joining Disaster Relief Activities as Nurses in the Future," Journal of Trauma Nursing, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 208-218, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1097/JTN.0000000000000291
- M. R. Yoo, S. Y. Lee, Y. M. Jung, H. J. Yeon, "The Development of Simulation-Oriented Educational Program for Disaster Nursing," Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 1-30, 2007.
- S. S. Huh, The Effect of a Disaster Nursing Education Program on Disaster Nursing Competency of Nursing Students-Case Based Small Group Learning-. Chosun University, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2017.
- S. J. Kang, M. H. Park, "The Effect of Global Disaster Competency Development Program on Paramedic and Nursing Undergraduate Students," The Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, Volume. 18, Issue. 1, pp. 83-94, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.1.083
- World Health Organization and International Council for Nurse, ICN Framework of Disaster Nursing Competence. Geneva: World Health Organization and International Council for Nurse, 2009.
- E. H. Park. H. S. Kim, J. O. Kim, "The Effect of Convergence Action Learning techniques in Simulation Class," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6. No. 5, pp. 241-248, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.241
- J. H. Ku, "Globalization Development Plans of the Convergence Systems and Policies for Domestic Fire Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 2, pp. 85-91, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.085
- A. K. Han, D. S. Cho, J. S. Won, "A Study on Learning Experiences and Self-Confidence of Core Nursing Skills in Nursing Practicum among Final Year Nursing Students," The Korean Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 162-173, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.2.162
- C. S. Bearnson, K. M. Wiker, "Human Patient Simulators: A New Face in Baccalaureate Nursing Education at Brigham Young University," Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 44, Issue. 9, pp. 421-424, 2005.