- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Activation Plan for the Participation in Citizen Participation Education by Types of Lifelong Education Participation : Focusing on Chungcheongnam-do
평생교육 참여유형별 시민참여교육 참여 활성화 방안에 관한 연구: 충청남도를 중심으로
- Jeong, Jae-Hun (Chungcheongnam-do Institute for Lifelong Education) ;
- Lim, Se-Young (Chungcheongnam-do Institute for Lifelong Education) ;
- Kang, Hyun-Jung (Chungcheongnam-do Institute for Lifelong Education)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
This study used data from '2016 Chungnam Citizens' Lifelong Education Needs Survey'. This analyzed the basic situation of Citizen Participation Education. It also typifies the interest and participation intention of lifelong education by region, and compared the interest and participation intention of Citizen Participation Education. Through this, we intend to provide concrete basic data for activating the Citizen Participation Education in Chungnam. We analyzed data of 4,108 people in 2016 lifelong education needs survey. This was named enjoy learning type, bias earning type, and elderly learning type. Second, the enjoy learning type group is a group that enjoys participating throughout lifelong education area. bias earning type group is a group that perceives that lifelong education is limited to vocational ability education, culture art education, and liberal arts education. These are groups that are interested and participating only in three areas. The elderly learning type group is a group that shows typical characteristics of the elderly learners and is a group that is concentrated on participation in culture arts education. Third, enjoy learning type group is the second most experienced participant. They are the group with the highest participation interest and participation intention. bias earning type group is the group with the highest participation experience. They are also the second highest group of participating interests and willingness to participate. elderly learning type group is the group with lowest participation experience, participation interest, and participation intention. Finally, we suggest the ways to revitalize Citizen Participation Education in lifelong education.
Citizen Participation Education;cluster analysis;participation interest;participation intention;lifelong education
- Alford, R. Robert, Bureaucracy and Participation, New York: Rand Mcnally and Co. 1969.
- M. K. Kim, "The political education expenses of Korea and Germany," Education Culture Research, Vol. 15, pp. 33-63. 2009. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2009.15.1.33
- I. S. Sim, "Reform Alternatives and Future Orientations of Community Center in Korea," Local administration research, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 57-84. 2012.
- McClosky, H., "Political participation. International encyclopedia of the social sciences," Vol. 12, pp. 252-265, 1968.
- Uchida, M., "Coping with Indifferent Voters in Japan," Journal of the Korean Association of Demacratic Civic Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 129-136, 2007.
- K. S. Han, "A Study on the Political Education in England: Focused on the Introduction of Citizenship a Statutory Subject in a National Curriculum," Journal of Political Criticism, Vol. 12, pp. 45-76. 2013.
- H. S. Shin, A Study of the Analysis of Korean Civil Society and the Institionalization Plan of Democratic Civic Education, Kyonggi University, PhD Thesis. 2010.
- J. H. Kim, A Study on the Cassification System of Lifelong Education Program, National Institute for Lifelong Education. 2009
- Korea Educational Development Institute, The Actual Condition of Lifelong Learning for Korean Adults in 2016, Department of Education. 2016
- Y. S. Choi, "An Analytical Study on Conditions and Nature of Adult Learners' Participation for Lifelong Education," Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-35. 2006.
- H. J. Kang, Y. J. Kim, J. H. Jung, S. M. Kim, H. S. Yang, J. H. Kim, Y. Y. Mun, An Examination of Lifelong Education Needs for Chungnam Province Residents in Chungnam Province, Chungcheongnam-do Institute of Lifelong Education, 2016.
- National Institute for Lifelong Education, Result of Lifelong Education Participation Survey Results Report, National Institute for Lifelong Education, 2016.
- Y. S. Huh, "A Methodology for the Methodology of Thermological Structuralization," Korean Society for Civic Education Vol. 10, pp. 19-58. 2005.
- H. J. Lee, Citizen's Training Field Guideline 2, Civil education meaning and methods, 2010.
- K. M. Lee, A Study on Participative-Learning Method for Democratic Citizenship Education, Sangmyung University. Master's Thesis. 2013.
- J. W. Kim, Y. W. Go, J. H. Kyun, M. J. Jung, A Study on the Development of Lifelong Education Program for Lifelong Education in Korea, Lifelong education of education, 2010.
- J. H. An, An Analysis of Educational Programs for the Participatory Education Program, Ajou University, Master's Thesis. 2012
- M. S. Shin, "A Study on the Role of Lifelong Education for Revitalization of Democratic Civic Education," The Journal of Korea Northeast Asian, Vol. 61, pp. 219-242. 2011.
- J. Y. Kim, The Characteristics and Difficulties of Civil Participation Education Program Development, Seoul National University, Master's Thesis. 2017
- J. Y. Kim, The Characteristics and Difficulties of Civil Participation Education Program Development, Seoul National University, Master's Thesis. 2017.
J, S. Park, A Study on Follow up Activity of Adult Learners who Complete Civil participation Education: focusing on
, Seoul National University Master's thesis, 2010.
- C. Y. Kim, "A Study on the Implementation of Civil Education in View of Lifelong Education," Proceedings of Korea Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation, Vol. 19. pp. 137-154. 2004.
- Y. M. Lee, "The Significance of Continuing Education for the Expansion of Civic Education : Focused on Citizen Education," Civil education research, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 195-221, 2014.
- D. C. Shin, "A Study of Civic Education and Political Participation," The Journal of Korean Citizen Ethics Association, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 159-164. 2009.
- M. H. Kim, "The Need for Civic Education and Its Conceptual Condition," Lifelong education of education, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 193-221, 2011.
- S. H. Kim. A Study on the Correlation between Civil Education and Citizen Participation, Korea Broadcasting Telecommunication University thesis. 2014.
- J. H. Chou, "Community participation and citizen training," Civil education research, Vol. 31, pp. 369-388. 2000.
- Huntington, Samuel P., Joan M. Nelson. No. easy choice: Political participation in developing countries, Vol. 3. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1976.
- S. M. Park, "A Study on the Problems of Korean Civil Liberties Education as a Korean Lifelong Education," Ethics Education Research, pp. 35-39. 2005.
- N.G. Kim, A Study on the Activation of Korean Civic Education, Kwandong University, Master's Thesis. 2008.
- H. J. Lee, "Convergence differences of academic burnout, careerpreparation behavior etc. by resilience clusters of studentsmajoring in Medical records," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 67-77. 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.067