- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Baekje cultural tourism contents by utilizing portable VR glasses
휴대용 가상현실 안경을 접목한 백제문화 관광 콘텐츠 개발
- Kang, Byoung-Gil (Dept. Game Design, Kong-Ju National University) ;
- Lee, Wan-Bok (Dept. Game Design, Kong-Ju National University) ;
- Ryu, Seuc-Ho (Dept. Game Design, Kong-Ju National University)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
Although various kinds of VR services are being carried out in the tourism field, The virtual reality experiences are still costly, since they could be realized in a limited space with some kinds of expensive equipment such as HMD. In this study, we propose a mobile virtual reality tourism experience using an easy and simple Google card board and user's smartphone because most tourist sites are outdoors and most of users like enjoying sightseeing and experience at the same time. For this purpose, we constructed a system that provides tourist information in real time employing both the IoT and VR techniques. Especially we develpoed a tourism contents for the UNESCO World Heritage Communities of Baekje Historical Site and Songsanri Tumulus. In addition, we virtually restored the royal palace in Gongju and confirmed the historical experience by VR flatform could be popular with people.
- S. R. Kim and S. H. Eum "A Study on the Experience of Game U-tourism Service in Cultural Heritage Tourist Attractions," The Tourism Association of Korea, pp. 125-136, 2011.7.
- D. W. Jung, and Y. O, Kang, "A Study on History-Tourism Information Service Using Mobile Augmented Reality Technology," Korean Spatial Information Society, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 59-70, 2012.
- T. R. Kim & S. H. You, and Y. J. Hur, "A Study about a Restoration Process of Culture Contents and the Practical Use Way of CAVE System," Korea Contents Contents Conference, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 74-79, Nov, 2004.
- C. Yang, "(A) study on virtual reality exhibition based on Unity 3D," Honam University, C.E. Thesis, 2013.
- S. H. Eum, J. E. Yun and J. W. Kim, "The Relationship Between Experience, Satisfaction and Attitude of U-tourism Service Utilizing Game-type Smartphone Tourism Application," Tourism Research Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 295-313, 2012.11.
- J. S. Han and G. H. Lee, “VR Tourism Content Using the HMD Device,” JOURNAL OF THE KOREA CONTENTS ASSOCIATION, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 40-47, Mar, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.03.040
- S. H. Oh, "(A) Study on Extension of Cultural Restoration Convergence through Virtual Reality,"Journal of Digital Convergence,Vol. 13, No. 8, pp465-472, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.465
- J. H. Park and S. H. Kim "(A) Study on the Development and Application of Digital Restoration Virtual Reality Contents," Global Cultural Contents Association Conference, pp. 32-38, Dec, 2016.
- Tetsuya Kakuta, Takeshi Oishi and Katsushi Ikeuchi, "Development and Evaluation of Asuka-Kyo MR Contents with Fast Shading and Shadowing,"The Journal of The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, Vol. 62, No. 9, pp. 1466-1473. 2008. https://doi.org/10.3169/itej.62.1466
- Tetsuya Kakuta, Takeshi Oishi and Katsushi Ikeuchi, "Real-time Soft Shadows in Mixed Reality Using Shadowing Planes," Proceedings of the IAPR Conference on Machine Vision Applications, pp. 16-18. 2007.
- J. H. Park and S. H. Kim "Development of Koguryo tomb murals VR Contents by Virtual Reality," Proceedings of the Korea Contents Association Conference, pp. 11-12, May, 2017.
- http://blog.lgcns.com/633 Accessed on 15 Jun, 2016.
- http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/economy/it/707485.html Accessed on 15 Jun, 2016.
- S. H Lee, Y. H. Kim and W. H. Won, "The VR Cinema Evacuation Guide System using Google Cardboard," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Computer Information Conference, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 33-34, Jul, 2015.
- G. S. Ryu, "Beacon-based on-line tourism solution for regional tourism revitalization," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 21-26, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.2.021
- G. S. Ryu, "BLE Beacon Based Online Offline Tourism and Solutions for Regional Tourism Activation,"Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 21-26, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.2.021
- S. J. Heo, C. H. Cho and J. Y. Kim, "Advertising Implications of Beacon Technology - Focusing on TAM to Predict User Acceptance of Beacon Application," The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 98-137, Jul, 2015. https://doi.org/10.16914/kjapr.2015.17.3.98
- D. H. Kim and W. T. Woo, "The VR Digital Storytelling Design for Users," Korea HCI Conference, pp. 1930-1935, Feb, 2006.