- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Convergence Factors Affecting Aggression of Depressed Adults
우울감이 있는 성인의 공격성에 영향을 주는 융합적 요인
- Kim, Younghee (Dept. of Nursing, Daejeon institute of science and technology) ;
- Kwon, Myoungjin (Dept. of nursing, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The objective of this study was to the effects of depression, anxiety and stress on the aggression among depressed adults. Subjects are 91 depressed adults in D city. The structured and self-reported questionnaires were administered to subjects and IBM SPSS 21.1 program were performed for data analysis. All of aggression and depression(r=.62, p<.001), aggression and anxiety(r=.58, p<.001), aggression and stress(r=.62, p<.001) showed positive correlation. Depression affects the aggression that is significant explanatory variables(42.3%). The findings suggested that depressed adult's aggression for managing psychological management programs with interventions seem to be necessary.
- S. Y. Youn, J. H. Lim, C. S. Han, "Rating Scales for Measurement-Based Clinical Practice of Depression," The Korean journal of sychopharmacology. Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 136-146, 2012.
- World Health Organization, "The global burden of disease: 2004 update," 2008.
- C. D. Spielberger, E. H. Johnson, RS. F.ussell, R. J. Crane, G. A. Jacobs, T. J. Worden, The experience and expresssion of anger: Construction and validation of an anger expression scale. Anger and hostility in cardiovascular and behavioral disorder, Washington: Hemisphere publishing; pp. 5-30, 1995.
- J. Tedlow, V. Leslie, B. R. Keefe, J. Albert, A. Nierenberg, J. F. Rosenbaum, "Axis I and Axis II disorder comorbidity in unipolar depression with anger attacks," Journal of Affective Disorder, Vol. 52, pp 217-223, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0327(98)00074-3
- R. A. Gould, S. Ball, S. P. Kaspi, M. W. Otto, M. H. Pollack, A. Shekhar, "Prevalence and correlates of anger attacks: a two site study," Journal of Affective Disorder, Vol. 39, pp. 31-38, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0327(96)00017-1
- L. R. Derogatis, H. L. Coons, Self-report measures of stress. "In : Handbook of Stress-Theoretical and Clinical Aspects. Ed by Goldberg L. and Breznitz S., 2nd ed, New York," The Free Press, pp. 200-233, 1993.
- N. H. Cho, C. H. Seong, "Effects of Stress and Self-esteem on Depression in Middle-aged Women and Middle-aged Men," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 89-97, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.089
- K. B. Koh, J. K. Park, C. H. Kim, "Development of the Stress Response Inventory," Journal of the Korean neuropsychiatric association, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 707-719, 2000.
- P. M. Lewinsohn, D. Antonuccio, J. Steinmetz, L. Teri, The Coping with Depression Course : A Psychoeducational intervention for Unipolar Depression, Eugine O.R. : Csstalia Publishers, 1982.
- A. Buss, M. Perry, "The aggression questionnaire. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology," Vol. 63, pp. 452-459, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2062
- S. M. Kwon, S. G. Seo, "Brief Report : Validation study of the Korean version of the Aggression Questionnaire," The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 487-501, 2002.
- K. W. Lee, Relations between depression, anxiety, stress and the concentration of urinary hydroxyproline and proline, Yonsei University, Ph.D. Thesis, 2007.
- P. F. Lovibond, S. H. Lovibond, "The structure of negative emotional states: comparison of the Depression, Anxiety, Stress Scales (DASS) with the Beck Depression and Anxiety Inventories," Behavior Response Therapy, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 335-343, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-7967(94)00075-U
- Y. S. Song, "Depression, Stress, Anxiety and Mindfulness in Nursing Students," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 397-402, 2011.
- T. S. Kim, C. Y. Kang, "Depression and Aggression of High School Student," Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 156-166, 2008.
- H. I. Jung, "A Study on the Correlation to the Youth's Self-Esteem influenced upon Depression and Aggression," Kwangwoon University, Ph.D.thesis, 2005.
- M. J. Kwon, "Convergence Study on the Relation between Cognition, Depression and Aggression in the Elderly," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 171-176, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.171
- B. S. Sharkin, "The measurement and treatment of client anger counseling," Journal of Counseling and Development, Vol. 69, No. 8, pp. 361-365, 1988.
- M. R. Kim, The Effect of Anger Levers and Anger Expression Modes on Depression and Aggression in High School Students, Catholic University, Ph.D. Thesis, 2001.
- H. S. Cho, S. K. Jung, C. H. Ryu, I. K. Hwang, "Stress Perception, Coping Behavior, Depression and Anxiety in Infertile Women," Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association. Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 422-429, 1998.
- H. K. Shin, Comparative study of depressive group and anxious group in irrational beliefs and attributional style, Seoul National University, Ph.D. thesis, 1990.
- K. H. Kim, Y. E. Cho, "The impact of depression and anxiety on life satisfaction in psychiatric patients : Moderating effect of humor style," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 125-132, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.125
- H. J. Kim, Y. M. Je, D. S. Lee, Baek, D. U. J. N. Cho, "The Comparison of Cognitive Styles and Stress Coping Strategies between Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder," Journal of the Korean Society of Biological Therapies in Psychiatry, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 50-59, 2002.
- J. E. Young, J. S. Klosko, "The Vulnerability Life-trap, Reinventing Your Life," pp. 184-206, 1994.
- A. R. Kagen, L. Levi, "Health and environment psychosocial stimuli : a review," Soc. Sci Med Vol. 8, pp. 225-291, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1016/0037-7856(74)90092-4
- E. J. Choi, Y. M. Kim, "Focus on Cognitive Error and Attributional Bias = Maladaptive Cognitions according to Depression, Anxiety, and Age of Children with ADHD," Journal of the Korean academy of child and adolescent psychiatry, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 275-281, 2001.
- K. C. Park, K. J. Lee, J. B. Park, K. B. Min, K. W. Lee, "Association between Occupational Stress and Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Symptoms among White-collar Male Workers in an Automotive Company," Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 215-224, 2008.