- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Convergent Relationship between Self-Esteem, Resilience, and Occupational Self- Efficacy among Dental Hygiene Students
일부 치위생과 학생의 자아존중감, 회복탄력성 및 직무효능감의 관련성에 대한 융합적 연구
- Kim, Ji-Young (Department of Dental Hygiene, Ulsan College)
- 김지영 (울산과학대학교 치위생과)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationships of self-esteem, resilience, and occupational self-efficacy among dental hygiene students. Data were collected a self reported structured questionnaire was administerd in convenience sample of 240 dental hygiene students and the final 208 participants participate. The survey included demographic factors, Rosenberg Self Esteem Scale, resilience scale of CD-RISC, occupational self-efficacy scale. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient. There were positive correlation both occupational self-efficacy, resilience toward self-esteem. Resilience was correlated positively with occupational self-efficacy. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a dental hygienist curriculum and a comparative course program to improve self-esteem, major satisfaction and resilience in order to improve dental hygiene and student's occupational self-efficacy.
Dental hygiene;Occupational Self-Efficacy;Self-Esteem;Resilience;Convergence
- J. E. Marcia, "Identity and psychosocial development in adulthood," Identity: An International Journal of Theory and Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 7-28, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1207/S1532706XID0201_02
- J. W. Park, "A comparative study on the tuition fees policy," Democratic Society and Policy Studies, Vol. 25, pp. 111-141, 2014.
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, "Influence of ego-resilience and stress coping styles on college adaptation in nursing students," J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- H. J. Kang, "Relationships among emotional intelligence, ego resilience, stress in clinical practice of dental hygiene students," J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 625-634, 2016. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.04.625 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.04.625
- Bandura, Self-Efficacy : The Exercise of Control, New York: Freeman, 1997.
- G. P. Ko, M. Y. Sim, "The structural relation of self-efficacy, job stress, career maturity and career preparation behavior of college students," The Journal of Career Education Research, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 19-38, 2014.
- C. G. Kim, "Effects of perceived death and self-esteem on meaning in life among university students," Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 539-550, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.3.539
- Rosenberg, Conceiving the self. New York, New York: Basic Books, 1979.
- M. K. Kim, "Relationship between university students' family stress negative emotion and suicide ideation - the mediating effect of ego resilience," Forum For Youth Culture, Vol. 29 pp. 34-57, 2012
- J. U. Kim, M. S. Choi, "The relationship of parental attachment, ego-resilience and adjustment to college life," Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 45-68, 2013.
- Y. K. Lee, L. H. Kim, "The Relationship of Ego Resilience and Involvement with the Experience of Anxiety and Perceived Stress in Nursing students," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1953-1968, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.19 53 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.1953
- J. Y. Jung, J. H. Lim, "Effects of Temperament, Family Strength and Social Support on Ego-Resilience of Adolescents," Korean Home Economics Education Association, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 37-51, 2014.
- J. H. Kim, Occupational Self Efficacy, Wisdom House, 2011.
- Y. R. Kweon, H. O. Jeon, "Effects of perceived health status, self esteem and family function on expectations regarding aging among middle-aged women," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 176-184, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.176
- K. M. Connor, J. R. T. Davidson, "Development of a new resilience scale: The Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale(CD-RISC)," Depression and Anxiety, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 76-82, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/da.10113
- S. L. Campbell, M. B. Stein, "Psychometric analysis and refinement of the Connor-Davidson resilience scale(CD-RISC): Validation of a 10-item measure of resilience" Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1019-1028, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.20271
- J. R. Lee, H. J. Kim, H. J. Ko, "The effects of self-esteem, interpersonal relationship abilities on department satisfaction in the dental hygiene students," J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 39-47, 2014. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39
- M. H. Jeong, M. A. Shin, "The relationship between self-esteem and satisfaction in major of nursing students," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 170-177, 2006.
- D. J. Kim, J. S. Lee, "Influence of ego-resilience and self-efficacy on satisfaction in major of nursing student," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 244-254, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244
- Y. S. Park, Y. H. Kwon, "Ego resilience, problem solving process and clinical practice competency in nursing students," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 341-350, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.341
- T. A. Judge, C. L. Jackson, J. C. Shaw, B. A. Scott, B. L. Rich, "Self-efficacy and work-related performance: the integral role of individual differences," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 92, No. 1, pp. 107-127, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.92.1.107
- C. A. Darling, L. M. McWey, S. N. Howard, S. B. Olmstead, "College student stress: the influence of interpersonal relationships on sense of coherence," Stress and Health, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 215-229, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.1139
- B. H. Son, Y. M. Kim, I. G. Jun, "A study on nursing students' job-esteem, work values, and satisfaction of their major," Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 240-249, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.3.240
- E. J. Ji, M. R. Bang, H. J. Jeon, "Ego resilience, communication ability and problem-solving ability in nursing students," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 571-579, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.571