- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Fusion Differences in Dental Hygiene Process Charts Applying Dental Hygiene Process Between School and Dental Clinic
학교와 임상에서 치위생과정을 적용한 치위생관리기록부의 융합적 차이 분석
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
This study is aimed to reduce the gap between hygienists' work in schools and dental clinics and to provide basic data for an oral health program based on the dental hygiene process. The denta hygiene process can spread widely in dental clinics by analyzing the dental hygiene process at each stage. The charts of a total of 199 people (100 people from the clinic and 99 people from the school) were finally analyzed. analysis of dental hygiene problems and dental hygiene plan in dental hygiene process. As a result, among the 17 factors related to dental hygiene problems, 6 factors were similar between the school group and the clinic group. There was a significant difference between groups in the remaining 11 factors. With regard to the 12 items of the hygiene management plan, there was a significant difference in 11 items. There are many differences between the dental hygiene process of the school and the clinic in terms of the diagnosis and planning of dental health. the routine dental health care of patients can be effectively carried out by dental hygienists. Therefore, the dental hygiene process should be adopted by the clinic.
Fusion;Dental hygiene process;Diagnosis;Planing;Preventive;Care
- Y. R. Kim, "A Comparison of Oral Health Behavior and Oral Health Outcomes between Cooperative and Non-Cooperative Groups following Implementation of an Oral Health Care Program," J of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 30-37, 2017. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2017.17.1.30
- S. Y. Lee, H. N. Choi, "Analysis of case reports based on dental hygiene process." J of Korean society of Dental Hygiene, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 749-758, 2011.
- ADHA Policy Manual [1-14/SCDHP/18-96]. American Dental Hygienists' Association [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 April 15]. Available from: https://www.adha.org/resources-docs/7614_Policy_Manual.pdf
- Swigart DJ, Gurenlian JR, "Implementing Dental Hygiene Diagnosis into Practice," J of Dimensions Dent Hyg. Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 56-59, 2015.
- ADHA Policy Manual [SCDHP/18-96]. American Dental Hygienists' Association [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 April 15]. Available from: https://www.adha.org/resourcesdocs/7614_Policy_Manual.pdf
- J. Y. Oh, G. S. Han, "Analysis of Business Performance in Dental Hygiene Process (ADPIE) in Dental Clinic," J of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 585-593, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.5.585
- J. R. Park, J. S. You, B. G. Choi, S. J. Han, S. S. Heo, S. H. Hwang, "Study on the dental hygienist job expansion," J of Korean Dental Hygienist Association, pp. 1-93, 2004.
- S. J. Jang, "Convergent relationship between functional oral health literacy, oral health knowledge and oral health behavior of some university students," J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 69-75, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.069
- Human Resources Development Service of Korea. Retrieved January 2, 2014, from http://www.ncs.go.kr /nos/index.html (2014).
- J. I. Choi, H. C. Rhoon, "The necessity of the NCS curriculum introducing & Convergence for culture and arts management at a four-year college," J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 205-212, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.205
- J. Hee. Kim, H. J. Kim, "Job performance and Job performance rate of clinical dental hygienist," Asia-pacific J of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 431-440, 2017.
- Y. S. Jo, S. Y. Lee, "Developing a integrated curriculum for a clinical dental hygiene," J of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 33-38, 2005.
- S. Y. Han, N. H. Kim, J. H. Yoo, C. S. Kim, W. G. Chung, "Current status of clinical dental hygiene education based on dental hygiene process of care," J of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 271-278, 2009.
- S. U. Yoon, S. J. Jang, "Convergent relationship between oral health knowledge and oral health behavior of health-related and health-unrelated majors university students in some areas," J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 97-104, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.097
- E. S. Ahn, K. E. Kim, "Correlation between Oral Health Condition and Life Quality Related to General Health Using EuroQol-5 Dimension," J of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 378-383, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.5.378
- ADHA. Standards of applied hygiene, Chicago, ADHA 1985.
- Mueller-Joseph L, Petersen M. Dental hygiene process: Diagnosis and Care Planning, Albany, Delmar, 1995.
- Y. S. Cho. Developing a Competency-Based Curriculum for Dental Hygiene Program., Namseoul University Publishing, 2004; 10:409-447.
- Young LJ, Newell KJ, "Can a clinical continuing education course change behavior in dental hygiene practice?," J Dent Hygiene, Vol. 82, No. 4, pp. 1-10, 2008.
- Fitch p., "Cultural competence and Dental hygiene care delivery: Integrating cultural care into the dental hygiene process of care," J Dent Hyg, Vol. 78, No. 1, pp. 11-21, 2004.
- Commission on Dental Accreditation(CODA): ADA: Accreditation standard for dental hygiene education programs. 2007.
- Blitz P, Hovius M., "Towards international curriculum standards," Int J Dent Hygiene, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 57-61, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1601-5037.2003.00009.x
- M. K. Seong, M. M. Jo, Y. R. Kim, "A Study on Oral Health Knowledge, Recognition, Practice and Satisfaction of Patients by Applying a Targeted Program within a Dental Hygiene Process," J of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 183-191, 2017. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2017.17.2.183