- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The influence of university students' openness to diversity upon career preparation behavior and mediating effect of unlearning
대학생의 다양성수용도가 진로준비행동에 미치는 영향과 폐기학습의 매개효과
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The purpose of this study is to examine an influence of university students' openness to diversity on career preparation behavior, unlearning, and the mediating effect of unlearning. The survey questionnaire was distributed to 258 university students and SPSS 22.O program was used for statistical analysis of the data. The results of this study are as follows: First, openness to diversity has a positive effect on career preparation behavior and unlearning. Second, unlearning also has a positive effect on career preparation behavior. Third, unlearning has a partial mediating effect between openness to diversity and career preparation behavior. These results show that the more students enhance their openness to diversity and unlearning, the more students develop their career preparation behavior.
openness to diversity;unlearning;career preparation behavior;university students;learning
- H. S. Lee, The Impact of University Students' Openness to Diversity on Creativity: The Mediating Effect of Cooperative Learning Competency and Unlearning Competency. Jungang University, Ph. D. thesis, 2014.
- K. Y. Jang, B. W. Kim, "The Korean Validation Study of The Transition Guide Questionnaire Scale," The Korea Journal of Counselling, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 399-415, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.1.200903.399
- Y. Y. Park, D. H. Lee "The Role of Job-search Self-efficacy in the Relationship of Career Decision Level and Career Preparation Behavior among College Students," The Journal of Vacational Education Research, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 85-101, 2014.
- B. W. Kim, Career Decision Level and Career Preparation Behaviour of The College Students. Seoul National University, Ph D. thesis, 1997.
- M. L. Savikas. "Career Adaptability: An Integrative Construct for Life-span, Life-space Theory," Career Development Quarterly, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 247-259, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1997.tb00469.x
- L. B. Griggs. Valuing diversity: Where from... where to? In L. B. Griggs. & L-L. Louw(Eds.), Valuing diversity(pp. 1-14). McGraw-Hill, 1995.
- B. E. Mor, Managing Diversity: Toward a Globally Inclusive Workplace. SAGE, 2011.
- H. S. Lee, H. S. Lee, "The Impact of University Students' Openness to Diversity on Creativity: The Mediating Effect of Cooperative Learning Competency and Unlearning Competency," Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 277-305. 2016. https://doi.org/10.26857/JLLS.2016.02.12.1.277
- M. Knowles, The Modern Practice of Adult Education: From Pedagogy to Andragogy, The Adult Company, 1980.
- B. Hedberg, How Organizations Learn and Unlearn. In P. C. Nystorm & W. H. Starbuck(Eds), Handbook of Organizational design, Oxford University Press, 1981.
- A. Toffler, H. Toffler, Revolutionary Wealth, Alfred A. Knopf, 2006.
- B. L. Delahaye, Human Resource Development: Adult Learning and Knowledge Management(2nd ed.), John Wiley & Son, 2005.
- K. L. Becker, B. L. Delahaye, "Unlearning as a Lifelong learning Stratege: An Important Pathway for Transitions," Lifelong Learning Conference, 2006.
- S. H. Han, Lifelong Learning from the Perspective of Learning Ecology, Hakjisa, 2001.
- A. W. Chickering, L. Reisser, Education and Identity, Jossey-Bass, 1993.
- H. L. Lee, B. W. Kim, B. S. Kim, W. Y. Choi, Career Counselling, Hakjisa, 2003.
- E. T. Pascarella, M. Edison, A. Nora, L. S. Hagedorn, P. T. Terenzini, "Influences on Students' Openness to Diversity and Challenge in the First Year of College," Journal of Higher Education, Vol. 67, No. 2, pp. 147-195, 1996.
- J. E. Kwon, The influence of individual creativity to organizational creative product in entertainment media companies. Jungang University, Ph. D. thesis, 2011.
- J. F, Hair, W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, Multivariate Data Analysis, Pearson Education International, 2006.
- Y. J. Joo, N. S. Park, "A Structural Relationship among Openness to diversity, Absorptive Capacity, Unlearning Capacity, Individual Creativity of Natural Sciences College Students-With a Focus on the Mediating Effects," Journal of Learner Oriented Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 247-269, 2016.
- H. S. Yu, A. J. Hong, "The Influence of Empowering Leadership on Employees' Innovation Behavior and Mediating Effect of Unlearning," Journal of Korean HRD Research, Vo. 10, No. 2, pp. 101-127, 2015.
- G. H Lee The Effects of Emotional Leadership on Workers in Game Industry-The Meditator Effect of Unlearning- Jungang University, Mater thesis, 2016.
- N. R. Kim, A. J. Hong, "The Effect of Social Support on Job Search Behavior of the Middle-Aged Job Seekers and the Mediating Effect of Unlearning," Journal of Lifelong Education, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 109-136, 2016.
- A. L. Antoni, M. J. Chang, K. Hakuta, D. A. Levi, J. F. Milem, "Effects of Racial Diversity on Complex Thinking in College Students," Psychological Science, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 507-510, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0956-7976.2004.00710.x
- Gurin, P. Gurin, E. L. Dey, S. Hurtado, & G. Gurin, "Diversity and Higher Education: Theory and Impact on Educational Outcomes," Harvard Educational Review, Vol. 72, No. 3, pp. 30-365, 2002.
- N. A. Bowman, "Conceptualizing Openness to Diversity and Challenge: Its Relation to College Experiences, Achievement and Retention," Innovative Higher Education, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 277-291, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10755-014-9281-8
Supported by : Far East University