- Volume 9 Issue 1
Smart phones that have lost their existing physical home buttons are being released at the same time, and the flow of users is also changing. The flow is highly subjective and can vary depending on the individual's tendencies. Therefore, this study investigated the change of the flow of smart phone users by Q methodology which is a method of subjectivity research. As a result, the proficiency level of how to turn on the power to start the screen showed a tendency to decrease the flow, and the playability, which is a result of curiosity about the new thing, The results were very positive in the continuity of navigation due to the use of software buttons instead of buttons. Therefore, it can be seen that the change in the hardware smartphone has a positive effect on the flow.
User Experience;Flow;Immersion;Q Methodology;UI
- K. L. Yang, K. P. Lee, "Identifying Changes in Users Experience Stages of Smart phone through Log Tracking," Journal of Korean Society of Design Science, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 31-40, 2011.
- Herzberg, "One more time :how doyou motivate employees?," Harvard Business review, 81, pp. 86-96, 2003.
- J. H. eo, K. P. Lee, "A Study on the Emotional Quality Design Framework for Improvement of the User Experience -with emphasis on the User Interface Design-," Korean Emotional Science Society, Emotional Science, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 523-532, 2010.
- N. Kano, "Attractive Quality and Must-be Quality," Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, Vol. 14, No. 2. pp. 147-156, 1984.
- J. Y. Kim, "An Exploratory Study on the User Experience Design Factors Forming Flow with Smart phones," Korean Society For Computer Game, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 169-178, 2013.
- S. J. Yoo, E. B. Choi, H. J. Kim, "An empirical study on the flow experience affected by characteristics of mobile internet," Information systems review, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp 125-139, 2006.
- J. Y. Kim, A study on smart phones uses and flow formation fact ors : from the perspective of user experience design factors. Ihwa womens University, Ph.D. thesis, 2012
- D. I Hoffman, T. P. Novak "Marketing in Hypermedia CMEs: Conceptual Foundations," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 60, No. 3, pp. 50-68, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- H. K. Kim, Q Methodology Science philosophy, theory, analysis and application, Communication books Publishing, 2008.
- S. R. Brown, "Marketing in Hypermedia CMEs: Conceptual Foundations," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 60, No. 3, pp. 50-68, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- S. R Brown, Political subjectivity: Applications of Q methodology in political science, Yale University Press. 1980
- D. I Hoffman, T. P. Novak, How Big is the Internet?, HotWired, 1994.
- S. U. Pi, M. S. Lee, "An Exploratory Study on the User Experience of Augmented Reality Advertising", Journal of digital convergence Vol. 14 No. 8, pp. 177-183, 2016 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.177
- J. Y. Sung, "Developing convergent class model of augmented reality and art", Journal of digital convergence Vol. 14 No. 5, pp. 85-93, 2016 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.85
- D. H. Kim, M. H. Kim, "Design of Mixed reality based edutainment system using cloud service", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 103-109, 2015 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.103
Supported by : Chungwoon University