- Volume 9 Issue 1
This study was to develop and apply the avatar art activity as a career search program to find out the possibility of oneself based on self-understanding and to find out the value of work. Furthermore, this study has suggested the effect obtained by appreciating their own business card and images in the use of color code media. Art program has been conducted for five sessions in 'past tense' 'present tense' and 'future tense' on first graders in Middle School. As a result education effect obtained from the art program for career exploration in manufacturing Avatar is as follows. First, there was an effect as to how students ended up knowing their inner strength through mind-map realizing their characteristics and personal interest. Secondly, Avatar was manufactured by enhancing an understanding about them through self-exploration. Third, students appreciated their 'business card' and 'video clip' by using color code media building self-leading attitude in realizing career design.
Career Development;Art Program;Avatar;Color code;Self-understanding
- Y. B. Namgung, A study on the development of art education programs for career exploration ability of the youth. Hanyang University, M.A. thesis, 2014.
- H. E. No, Study on Relationship Between Ego Identity Status and Career Maturity in Schoolgirls. Woosuk University, M.A. thesis, 2003.
- C. A. Park, Identy Development, Jungminsa, 1984.
- G. Y. Cho, The Effect of Self-Understanding Activities through Korean Language Curriculum on Self-Acceptance and Self-Expression of Elementary School Students. Gwangju Education University, M.A. thesis, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, Research on self-expression and anxiety. Hanyang University, M.A. thesis, 1989.
- P. R. Ro, The Effects of Parents' Emotional Support and Appearance Related Support on Female Collge Students' Appearance Appreciation : The Mediating Role of Psychological Self-Acceptance. Kaemyung University, M.A. thesis, 2003.
- Y. H. Chung, Roles of Emotion in Process of Self-Understanding, East and West Philosophy Studies, Vol. 55, No. 5, pp. 77-117, 2010.
- K. S. You, Art Project Instruction Plan for Promoting the Career Consciousness of Junior High School Students. Sookmyung University, M.A. thesis, 2012.
- Seoul Educational Research, High school career guidance materials through curriculum activities, 1992.
- S. H. Huh, Study of Instruction Methods for the Use of Youth Internet Language. Chunbuk University, M.A. thesis, 2010.
- S. J. Yoon, Study on the realities of self-expression, using avatars, in the cyberspace. Kyunghee University, M.A. thesis, 2003.
- H. J. Lee, A Study on Character and Self - Identity Based on Avataara in Virtual Space. Hongik University, M.A. thesis, 2000.
- S. J. Yoon, A Study on the Self Concept and Consumption Behavior of Avatar User. Dongkuk University, M.A. thesis, 2004.
- S. Y. Hong, A Study on Customer Interactive Smart Signage Applicable for Retail Stores. Seoultech University, Ph.D. thesis, 2017.