- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Convergence effect of spouse's support on postpartum depression and self-efficacy in primipara
배우자지지가 초산모의 산후우울과 자기효능감에 미치는 융합적 효과
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
This study is to find the convergence effect of a spouse's support on postpartum depression and self-efficacy in primipara. The subjects were 37 primipara who gave birth to normal full term babies and their spouses. Each spouse supported their mother and baby from the period of postpartum 1st to 6th week after finishing three sessions of postpartum mother and baby care using teaching material. The data was collected in the 1st and 6th week postpartum and analyzed using SPSS 20.0. The prevalence of postpartum depression in the 1st and 6th week were 24.3% and 0% each. The spouses' support lowered mothers' postpartum depression and increased self-efficacy(p<.001). And, the factors affecting to mothers' postpartum depression were additional personnel for postpartum management, income and antepartum depression, and to their self-efficacy was hospital treatment during pregnancy(p<.05). The results could be used in developing intervention programs on lowering primiparas' postpartum depression and increasing their self-efficacy after further studies with wider range of subjects and setting control group.
spouse's support;primipara;postpartum depression;self-efficacy;convergence
- I. Kirpinar, S. Gozum, T. Pasinlioglu, "Prospective study of postpartum depression in eastern Turkey prevalence, socio-demographic and obstetric correlates, prenatal anxiety and early awareness," J of Clinical Nursing, Vol. 19, No. 3-4, pp. 422-431, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2009.03046.x
- M. S. Jang, H. S. Yang, "Study on the influence of child birth promotion policy due to postpartum care and maternity leave to economical activities in the era of convergence," J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 245-254, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.245 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.245
- Y. K. Shin, Factors affecting postpartum depression : focusing on self efficacy, marital conflicts and prenatal depression. The Sang myung University of Korea, Master's thesis, 2011.
- A. Z. Barrera, R. E. Wickham, R. F. Munoz, "Online prevention of postpartum dpression for Spanish-and English-speaking pregnant women: A pilot randomized controlled trial," Internet Intervention. Vol. 1, No. 2(3), pp. 257-265. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.invent.2015.06.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.invent.2015.06.002
- M. E. Kim, M. H. Hur, "Sleep quality, fatigue, and postpartum depression of mother in six months after delivery," Korean J of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 266-276, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.4.266 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.4.266
- P. van der Pligt, E. K. Olander, K. Ball, D. Crawford, K. D. Hesketh, M. Heychenne, K. Campbell, "Maternal dietary intake and physical activity habits during the postpartum period: associations with clinician advice in a sample of Australian first time mothers," BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, Vol. 16, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-016-0812-4 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-016-0812-4
- K. I., Mohammad, J. Gamble, D. K. Creedy, "Prevalence and factors associated with the development of antenatal and postnatal depression among Jordanian women," Midwifery, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 238-245, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2010.10.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2010.10.008
- C. G. Kim, M. Y. Choi, "Factors influencingmaternal depression : secondary data analysis," The Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 288-301, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.3.288 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.3.288
- K. M. Kim, H. Y. Kim, "The systemic contemplation of sadness mediation program applied to internal senior citizens," J of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 391-400, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.391 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.391
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, "Analysis of convergent factors related to depression among some college women of health affiliated educations," J of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 367-376, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.367 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.367
- T. Kathree, O. M. Selohilwe, A. Bhana, I. Petersen, "Perceptions of postnatal depression and health care needs in a South African sample: the mental in maternal health care," BMC Womens Health, Vol. 12, pp. 14:140, 2014. doi. 10.1186/s12905-014-0140-7 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12905-014-0140-7
- P. Leahy-Warren, G. McCarthy, P. Corcoran, "First-time mothers: social support, maternal parental self-efficacy and postnatal depression," J of Clinical Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3-4, pp. 388-397, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2011.03701.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2011.03701.x
- S. Y. Park, K. Y. Park, "Correlation study of characteristics of bio-medical ethics and self-esteem for undergraduate students," J of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 255-261, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.255 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.255
- K. Falah-Hassani, R. Shiri, C. Dennis, "Prevalence and risk factors for comorbid postpartum depressive symptomatology and anxiety," J of Affective Disorders, Vol. 198, pp. 142-147, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2016.03.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2016.03.010
- E. Y. Chin, S. S. So, M. I. Lee, "Effect of life stress and anger expression in college students on suicidal ideation," J of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 409-418, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.409 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.409
- J. H. Youn, I. S. Jeong, "Predictors of postpartum depression: prospective cohort study," J of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 225-235, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.225 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.225
- K. S. Kim, The effect of self-efficacy, social support on postpartum depression in mothers. Kyungpook National University, Ph. D. thesis, 2012.
- J. Cox, J. Holden, R. Sagovsky, "Detection of postnatal depression : development of the 10-item Edinburgh Postnatal Edpression Scale," The British Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 150, pp. 782-786, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.150.6.782
- K. W. Han, M. J. Kim, J. M. Park, "The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, Korean version : reliability and validity," J of the Korean Society of Biological Therapies in Psychiatry, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 201-207, 2004.
- E. J. Lee, J. S. Park, "Development of a prediction model for postpartum depression: based on the examination of mediating effects of antepartum depression," J of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 211-220, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.211 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.211
- D. Gjerdingen, P. McGovern, L. Attanasio, P. J. Johnson, K. B. Kozhimannil, "Maternal depressive symptoms, employment, and social support," J of the American Board of Family Medicine, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 87-96, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2014.01.130126 https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2014.01.130126
- S. O. Kim, H. S. Lim, G. C. Jeong, "Effects of support from spouse and family on the mental health of marriage immigrant women," J of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 221-235, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.221 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.221
- E. Y. Choi. A comparative study on the postpartum depression of Vietnam marriage immigrant women and Korean women. Gangneung-Wonju National University of Korea, Master's thesis, 2011.
- S. Y. Roh, E. Y. Kim, "Factors influencing depression of married immigrant women in rural areas," The Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 370-379, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.4.370 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.4.370
- J. W. Lee, Y. S. Eo, E. H. Moon, "Effects of self efficacy, body image and family support on postpartum depression in early postpartum mothers," J of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 4011-4020, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4011 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4011
- S. O. Lee, J. H. Yeo, S. H. Ahn, H. S. Lee, H.J. Yang, M. J. Han, "Postpartum depressive score and related factors pre-and post-delivery," Korean J of Women Health Nursing., Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 29-36, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.1.29 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.1.29
- M. E. Lee, Y. R. Kweon, "Psycho-social factors associated with depression in pregnant women," J of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 252-260, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.252 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.252
- C. L. Dennis, P. A. Janssen, J. Singer, "Identifying women at-risk for postpartum depression in the immediate postpartum period," Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, Vol. 110, No. 5, pp. 338-346, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.2004.00337.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.2004.00337.x