- Volume 9 Issue 1
PBL is expected to be very useful in the engineering project course that leads students to active learning in problem solving process. But it is not actively utilized because of various problems. In this study, modified PBL lectures were laid out for a course that practice UX design process. Modified PBL lectures provide theoretical class and two PBL practices. The variant is that the problem design is made by the students themselves on a weekly basis, rather than by the instructor, and that the two PBL processes consist of one project. The results of this study are meaningful as a basic data in PBL-based engineering college project class. Additional discussion of how to evaluate grades needs to be specified.
PBL;Problem-based Learning;UX Design Process;Lecture;Education;Modeling
- S. Ok. Park, "A Study on the Reality and Improvement Methods of the Management of University Writing Classes Utilizing PBL," Studies in Humanities, Vol. 50, pp. 33-64, 2016.
- J. D. Nielsen, X. Y. Du, A. Kolmos, "Innovative Application of a New PBL Model to Interdisciplinary and Intercultural Projects," International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 174-188, 2010.
- J. E. Mitchell, J. Smith, "Case Study of the Introduction of Problem-based Learning in Electronic Engineering," International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 131-143, 2012.
- A. Alves, R. Sousa, F. Moreira, M. A. Carvalho, E. Cardoso, P. Pimenta, M. T. Malheiro, I. Brito, S. Fernandes, D. Mesquita, "Managing PBL Difficulties in an Industrial Engineering and Management Program," J. of Industrial Engineering and Management, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 586-611, 2016. https://doi.org/10.3926/jiem.1816
- J. Y. Na, H. M. Chung, "Development of a PBL Instructional Design Model for Higher Education," J. of Yeolin Education, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 111-140, 2012.
H. W. Shin, H. R. Kim, "Effects and Class Case of Problem Based Learning in
," Korean Home Economics Education Association, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 33-45, 2016.
- J. S. Nam, "Creative Class Model and Its Significance in the Way of Writing Statement Utilizing PBL," Thinking and Expression 2013, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 83-109, 2013.
- H. J. Kim, S. H. Kim, H. S. Kim, S. M. Song, "The Case Studies about Educational Effects on Problem-Based-Learning(PBL)," J. of Parent Education, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-20, 2014.
- K. W. Chang, "A Case Study for Implementing Problem Based Learning on Engineering Education," Korea Education of Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 96-106 2009.
- S. B. Kim, H. J. Kim, "Development of a PBL Model and Analysis of its Effect in Engineering Design Instruction," J. of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 4310-4319, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.11.4310
- J. M. Lee, "Contents Development of PBL-based Integrant Design Course for Creative Design Capability -Focusing on Logic Circuit Design Textbook-," J. of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 413-420, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2012.13.3.413
- I. S. Park, "A Study Basic Engineering for Improing the Creative Practice PBL Case," J. of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 5396-5420, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5396
- S. M. Kim, "The Instructional Strategies for the Course of Engineering Design Based on the PBL(Project_Based Learning)," Korean Society of Mechanical engineers 2013, pp. 123-127, 2013.
- K. S. Lee, "Study of the Application of Introduction of Computer Engineering class Using PBL," J. of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 10, pp. 6303-6309, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.10.6303
- J. Y. Jung, "The Development of a Blended PBL Learning Model in a Smart Educational Environment," J. of Thinking Development, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 145-162, 2014.
- S. B. Cho, This Is UX Design, Wikibooks, 2013.
- J. W. Kim, Human Computer Interaction, Ahn Graphics, 2012.
- J. H. Yun, H. Y. Ryoo, "The Position of User Experience Design in the Design Discipline and its Distinctive Characteristics," J. of Korea Design Forum, Vol. 37, pp. 223-232, 2012.
- I. K. Oh, S. G. Jung, "An Analysis of Previous Research Trends on User Experience Design Process," J. of Digital Design, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 247-256, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.2.024
- J. W. Kim, "Service Design for Experience," Ahn Graphics, 2017.
- J. Y. Yoo, E. H. Park, S. Y. Hwang, "An Analysis Risk Factors by Process Step Depending on the Project Type," Project Management Review, Vol. 4, No. 1 pp. 47-63, 2014.
- H. M. Chung, "The Development of PBL Instructional Design Model and a Checklist to guide the Process of Designing PBL," J of Educational Information and Media, Vol. 15, No. 1 pp. 155-185, 2009.
- Y. M. Park, "The Effects of Applying PBL in Design Practice Class," J. of Digital Design, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2014.
- K. H. Vat, "Integrating Industrial Practice in Software Development through Scenario-Based Design of PBL Activities: A Pedagogical Re-Organization Perspective," Issues in Information Science and Information Technology, Vol. 3, pp. 687-708, 2006. https://doi.org/10.28945/924
- S. Y. Kang, H. H. Cho, J. I. Hong, E. J. Kim, S. E. Park, "The Effect of Problem Based Learning in Engineering Education," J. of Engineering Education Research, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 24-34, 2005.
- M. Shon, J. M. Ha, "A Meta-Analysis on the Effects of Problem-Based Learning," The J. of Education Informagion and Media, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 225-251, 2008.
- E. Butun, H. C. Erkin, L. Altintas, "A New Teamwork-based PBL Problem Design for Electrical and Electronic Engineering Education," International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 110-120, 2008. https://doi.org/10.7227/IJEEE.45.2.3