- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Awareness about Convergent Patient Safety Culture of Health Professional Working in Tertiary Hospital
상급 종합병원 종사자들의 융합형 환자안전 문화 인식
- Choi, Seon-Wook (Department of Radiology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jeon, Min-Cheol (Department of Radiological Technology, Daejeon Health Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
This study was to measure the awareness of the patient safety culture of medical workers in various occupations working in hospitals and tried to be used as useful data. As a result of evaluating department (ward), hospital, immediate supervisor/manager, communication & procedures and frequency of accident reports, the patient safety accidents considered to be the most dangerous, technicians showed high results in the department(ward), nurses showed high results in the immediate supervisor/manager area. Radiological technologists and physical therapists recognized falls and clinical pathologists and nurses recognized before during after the test as the most dangerous patient safety accidents. To raise awareness of patient safety culture, executives and practitioners should create an atmosphere in which practitioners can prioritize patient safety, gain and manage appropriate personnel, manage cooperative systems between workers or departments.
Convergent Patient Safety;Safety Culture;Awareness;Safety Management;Worker
- S. Kum, "Military Hospital Worker's Perception on Patient Safety Culture," J. of military nursing research, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 11-1124, 2009.
- H. H. Gong, Y. J. Son, "Impact of Nurses' Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment on Patient Safety Management Activities in Tertiary Hospital," J. Korean Acad FundamNurs, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 453-462, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.4.453
- J. M. Kang, J. S. Park, "Relationship between Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Performance for Safety Care Activity in Rehabilitation Hospital Nurse," J of Korean Rehabil Nurs, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 12-19, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2016.12
- H. M. Jang, J. Y. Park, Y. J. Choi, S. W. Park, H. N. Lim, "Effect of General Hospital Nurses' Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Burnout on Safety Management Activities," J. Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 239-250, 2016. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.3.239
- H. S. Jeong, "Factors Influecing Confidence in Patient Safery Management in Nursing Students," J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 121-130, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.121
- S. D. Cho, "A Convergence Study on th Hospital Nurse's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Nursing Activity," J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 126-136, 2017.
- M. C. Jeon, Y. I. Kim, J. U. Jang, M. S. Han, S. Y. Seo, "A Survey on Perception Level of the Radiological Technologist's about Culture of Patient Safety," J. of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 423-430, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.423
- J. Y. Kim, E. H. Hwang, "A Study on Improvement of Consumer Safety in Medical Services - Based on Patient Safety," Korean Consumer Agency, 2014.
- J. M. Yun, H. S. Park, "Preception of the Patient Safety Risk Factors and Safety Management by Nurses in Emergency Service Hospitals," J. of Korean Acad Fundam Nurs, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 380-391, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.4.380
- H. E. Kim, Nurses' knowledge and attitude of the elderly, and performance on elderly care. Busan Catholic University, Master's thesis, 2009.
- S. I. Lee, Current Status and Direction for Patient Safety Policy, Forum of Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, 2010.
- M. J. Park, I. S. Kim, Y. Ham, "Development of a Perception of Importance on Patient Safety Management Scale (PI-PSM) for Hospital Employee," J. of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 332-341, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.332
- J. H. Yoo, K. A. Kang, "Survey of Oncology Nurses' Awareness of Patient Safety Culture and Nursing Care Activities for Patient Safety," Asian Oncol Nurs, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 119-126, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2014.14.2.119
- M. Y. Kim, Y. Eun, "Perceptions of Patient Safety Culture, Safety Care Knowledge and Activity among Nurses at an Orthopedic Hospital," J. of Muscle Jt Health, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 14-23, 2017.
- http://www.jointcommission.org./ PatientSafety/NationalPatient Safety Goals/.
- J. H. Park, M. H. Park, "Knowledge, Attitude and Confidence on Patient Safety of Undergraduate Nursing Students," J. of Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 5-14, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.5
- Kizer. K. W, "Large system change and culture of safety. In Enhancing Patient Safety and Reducing Errors in Health Care," Chicage. IL, National Patient Safety Foundation, 1999.
- J. Jeong, "Factors Affecting Patient Safety Management Activities at Nursing Divisions of Two University Hospitals," J of Korean Hospital Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 91-109, 2006.
- B. K. Cha, J. Choi, "A Comparative Study on Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Care Activities: Comparing University Hospital Nurses and Small Hospital Nurses," J. of the Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 405-416, 2015. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.4.405