- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Exploring Teaching and Learning Supporting Strategies based on Effect Recognition and Continuous Intention in College Flipped Learning
대학 플립드 러닝의 효과인식과 계속의향에 기초한 교수학습 지원전략 탐색
- Kang, Kyunghee (Office of University Education Planning, Kongju National University)
- 강경희 (공주대학교 대학교육기획단)
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The purpose of this study is to explore supporting strategies for teaching and learning based on students' effect recognition and continuous intention in college flipped learning. It was analyzed 426 data by multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA) by examining student's effect recognition and continuous intention on 15 flipped learning classes of K-university in Chungnam. The characteristics of learners were male, senior students, students who knew flipped learning, students who did not have previous experience, and students who were learning video at anytime. As a teaching strategy, it was found that effect recognition and continuous intention were high in the supplementary deepening flipped learning class and natural science or engineering area. As a teaching and learning supporting strategies, First, the university should develop and operate flipped class learning strategy program for females and low-grade students. Second, it should support the development of good flipped learning design and operation model of instructor. Third, it should support the development of high quality online learning contents that students can learn from time to time. Fourth, it should support the strengthening of teaching competency to develop and operate flipped learning classes. This study can be used as basic data to support and spread the effective flipped learning classes of the university in the future.
flipped learning;effect recognition;continuous intention;MANOVA;supporting strategies
- E. O. Park, J. H. Park, "A meta-analysis on flipped learning: Conditions for successful application and future research direction," Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, Vol. 27. No. 1, pp. 169-178, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.1.169
- Y. J. Park, "A Theoretical Exploration of Pedagogical Meaning of Flipped Learning from the Perspective of Dialogism," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 173-179, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.173
- M. H. Kang, S. H. Yoon "Analysis on Pre-service Teachers' Stage of Concerns about Flipped Learning: An Application of CBAM," Teacher Education Research, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 427-440, 2016.
- D. H. Yang, "Educational Problems with MOOC, Suggestions, and Convergence of MOOC and Universities," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 121-129, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.121
- J. H. Leem, "Teaching and Learning Strategies for Flipped Learning in Higher Education: A Case Study," Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 165-199, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.32.1.165
- H. J. Han, C. I. Lim, S. L. Han, J. W. Park, "Instructional Strategies for Integrating Online and Offline Modes of Flipped Learning in Higher Education," Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 1-38, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.31.1.001
- S. Y. Kim, M. J. Kang, S. H. Yoon, "The Predictability of Academic Self-regulation, Self-determination, and Flow on the Satisfaction of Flipped Learning in University," Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 91-109, 2017.
- H. L. Roh, M. N. Choi, S. H. Park, "A Study on the Difference of Satisfaction and Achievement according to Development Type, Delivery Type and Operation Type in online contents of flipped learning in university," Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 419-440, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.6.419
- C. W, Nam, Y. H. Park, J. S. Kwon, "Exploring the Relationships between College Students' ICT Self-efficacy and their Perceptions of Flipped Learning," Journal of Educational Innovation Research, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 23-48, 2017.
- E. J. Son, J. H. Park, I. C. Im, Y. Lim, S. W. Hong, "Impact of Flipped Learning applied at a Class on Learning Motivation of Collage Students," Journal of Cognitive Enhancement and Intervention, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 97-117, 2015.
- J. Y. Jung, "The Effect of the Flipped Learning on Self-directed and Self-regulation Competence of Pre-teacher Students," Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol, 7, No. 4, pp. 215-235, 2017.
- S. J. Han, H. C. Jeong, "Study on the Effect and Experience of the Flipped Learning," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 101-108, 2016.
- D. R. Kim, "Flipped Learning Mathematics Impact on the University Academic Achievement," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 6, pp. 209-218, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.209
- Y. H. Kim, "An Application of Flipped Learning in a Program of 〈Thinking and Expression〉in University Education," Hanminjok Emunhak, Vol. 72, pp. 149-181, 2016.
- S. W. Kim, J. J. Youn, "The Effects of Creativity General Arts Education of Interdisciplinary Convergence based on Flipped Learning utilizing Movie," Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 457-486, 2016.
- H. S. Lee, S. C. Kang, C. S. Kim, "A Study on the Effect of Flipped Learning on Learning Motivation and Academic Achievement," The Journal of Korean association of computer education, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 47-57, 2015.
- J. H. Si, "Effects of Flipped Learning on Approaches to Learning of Medical Students," Journal of Educational Methodology, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 347-370, 2017.
- S. J. Heo, S. D. Cheul, C. S. Kim "Learning Effect Analysis for Flipped Learning based Computer Use Instruction," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 155-162, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.155
- M. O. Suh, "The Meta Analysis of the Effectiveness of Flipped Classroom," Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 707-741, 2016.
- J. Bergmann, A. Sams, "Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day," Washington, DC: International Society for Technology in Education, 2012.
- G. Bull, B. Ferster, W. Kjellstrom, "Connected Classroom: Inventing the Flipped Classroom," Learning and Leading with Technology, Vol. 40, No. 10, 2012.