- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of the Previous Corporation Internal Reservation on the Current R&D Investment -Using EDU as a moderating variable & Verification through GBM model
법인의 전기 사내유보가 당기 연구개발 투자에 미치는 영향 - 교육훈련비의 조절변수 효과 및 GBM 모델을 통한 검증
- Received : 2017.11.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.20
- Published : 2018.01.28
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the effect of corporation internal reservation on R&D investment. It is to find how much effect the reflux tax has achieved through empirical analysis. In addition, education training expense was taken as a moderating variable to find the effectiveness of government policy. Furthermore, the study looked through the effect once again by using GMB model. According to the result counted by regression analysis, it could be concluded that the effect of both moderation and intervention had a significant effect and the variable of interest cost and welfare & benefit cost in model 1, 2 and 3 had a meaningful impact at the level of 99%. On the other hand, the previous corporate internal reservation failed to show any significant result in all types of models. Even in GBM model of convergence level applied to additional analysis, similar results came out.
Convergence;the reflux tax;internal reservation;R&D;education training expense;gross investment ratio
- H. D. Lee, "The Analysis of cash flow in domestic IPO, LGERI report, 2011.
- M. S. Oh, "Tax Problem of Corporate internal earnings," IFS, 2014.
- B. S. Kwon, B. C. Lee, D. S. Yang, "The Effect of the Accumulated Earnings Tax on Firm's Capital Structure," Korean International Accounting Review, Vol. 1, pp. 123-146, 1999.
- Y. D. Hong, K. S. Kim, "How Did Dividend Boosting Tax Policy Affect Stock Price?," Journal of Taxation and Accounting, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 231-260, 2015.
- Y. Y. Moon, Y. J. Im, "Analysis on the Taxable Firm Characteristics of Corporate Accumulated Earnings Tax," Accounting Information Review, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 247-268, 2016.
- Y. S. Koh, S. Y. Park, "The Effect of Corporate Earnings Circulation Tax on the Corporation's Future Performance," Korean Journal of Taxation Research, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 39-66, 2016.
- J. S. Kim, M. S. Lee, "The Study on the Relationship of Education-Training Activities and Firm Value according to Firm Size and R&D Intensity," KABE, Vol. 66, pp. 171-194, 2011.
- E. Y. Cho, D. Y. Yoon, "Effect on Business Performance and Firm Value by Employee Benefits, Education and Training Expenses," KRABE, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 185-214, 2016.
- Bublitz. B & M. Ettredge, "The information in Discretionary Outlays : Advertising, Research and Development," The Accounting Review, 64, pp. 108-124, 1989.
- Shevlin. T, "The Valuation of R&D Firms with Limited Partnerships," The Accounting Review, 66, pp. 1-21, 1991.
- Lev. B & T. Sougiannis, "The Capitalization, Amortization and Value-Relevance of R&D," Journal of Accounting and Economics 21, pp. 107-138, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-4101(95)00410-6
- H. J. Kim, H. D. Kim, "Predicting Loan Defaults with Gradient Boosting and Balanced Classification," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 155-164, 2014.
- Johnson, S. A., "An empirical analysis of the determinants of corporate debt ownership structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 47-69, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/2331316
- N. R. Kwak, J. W. Sim, S. Y. Ko, "A Study on the Relation between Employee Benefits and Business Performance," KRABE, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 323-343, 2011.
- K. Y. Kim, G. R. Lee, "The Relationship between Training Activity and Organization Performance," The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 267-277, 2013.
- Y. S. Koh, S. Y. Park, "The Effect of Corporate Earnings Circulation Tax on the Corporation's Future Performance," Korean Journal of Taxation Research, Vol. 33, No. 1, p.48, 2016.
- J. M. Choi, "Managerial Ownership and Debt Choice," Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 177-188, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.177
- M. L. Chon, "Investment and Debt ratio of ICT firms," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 103-108, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.1.103
- C. M. Ham, J. D. Kim, "The Effects of Education & Training Expenses on Firm Business Performance," Korean Accounting Research, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 285-308, 2010.
- Smith, C. W., and J. B. Warner, "On financial contracting: analysis of bond covenants," Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 7, pp. 175-219, 1979.
- Darren Cook, Practical Machine Learning with H2O, Published by O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2017.
Supported by : Kangwon National University