- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect Verification of Liquid Fertilizer Derived from Pig Cadavers on Crop Growth and Soil Properties
- Yun, Jin-Ju (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Kang, Se-Won (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Cho, Ju-Sik (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Seo, Dong-Cheol (Division of Applied Life Science, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Moon, Sung-Dong (Department of Industrial & Management Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2018.02.23
- Accepted : 2018.03.06
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study was conducted to investigate the application effect of liquid fertilizer using pig cadavers on potato and corn cultivations in upland field. Field experiments were designed with control (Cn), liquid fertilizer (LF), inorganic fertilizer (IF), and LF + IF treatments. Crop yields in potato and corn cultivations were higher in the order of
Supported by : Kangwon National University
- Ahn, C.H., W.S. Kim, J.S. Park, and I. Ahn. 2012. Effect of liquid pig manure application method on the chemical properties of paddy soil growth of paddy rice. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(6):1043-1048. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.6.1043
- Cho, H.S. and G.H. Kim. 2012. Needs of biosecurity and protocols for the environmental management of carcasses burial. J. Korean Soc. Water Environ. 28(2):305-312.
- Choi, I.W., D.C. Seo, S.W. Kang, Y.J. Seo, S.G. Lee, H.H. Sung, J.S. Heo, S.J. Kang, and J.S. Cho. 2012a. Effect of sawdust mixing ratio on composting of animal cadaver residue using rendering treatment method. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(3):404-409. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.3.404
- Choi, S.K., H.H. Song, and K.S. Park. 2012b. Analysis of foot-and-mouth disease diffusion velocity using network tool. Korean Soc. Geospatial Inf. Syst. 20(2):101-107.
- Chung, J.B. and B.R. Jeong. 2017. Relative effectiveness of bond meal as a phosphorus fertilizer compared with fused phosphate. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 36(1):1-6. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2017.36.1.01
- Daliparthy, J., S.J. Herbert, and P.L.M. Veneman. 1994. Dairy manure applications to alfalfa: crop response, soil nitrate, and nitrate in soil water. Agron. J. 86(6):927-933. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1994.00021962008600060001x
- Han, M.S. and J.S. Park. 1991. Effect of cattle compost and npk application on growth and dry matter accumulation of selected forage crops on newly reclaimed uplands. Korean. J. Korean Soc. Grassland Sci. 11(2):108-115.
- Jin, H.J., J.S. Yang, J.G. Kim, and E.S. Jeong. 1996. Effects of cattle manure application on the soil properties, yield performance and quality of silage corn cultivated on paddy land. Korean. J. Korean Soc.Grassland Sci. 16(1):81-86.
- Jokela, W.E. 1992. Nitrogen fertilizer and dairy manure effects of corn yield and soil nitrate. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 56(1):148-154. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1992.03615995005600010023x
- Jung, S.C., J.W. Jeong, J.H. Huh, and D.B. Lee. 2011. Estimation of carbon footprint for production of main crops and contribution analysis of inorganic chemical fertilizers. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(6):1279-1285. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1279
- Kang, S.W., D.C. Seo, Y.H. Cheong, J.W. Park, J.H. Park, H.W. Kang, K.D. Park, Y.S. Ok, and J.S. Cho. 2016. Effect of barley straw biochar application on greenhouse gas emissions from upland soil for chinese cabbage cultivation in short-term laboratory experiments. J. Mt. Sci. 13(4):693-702. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11629-014-3428-z
- Kim, S.K., J.E. Kim, and D.M. Park. 2011. The cultural analysis of 2010-2011 foot and mouth disease massacre in Korea. J. Environ. Health Sci. 37(2):165-169.
- Kwon, Y.R., J. Kim, B.K. Ahn, and S.B. Lee. 2010. Effect of liquid pig manure and synthetic fertilizer on rice growth, yield, and quality. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 29(1):54-60. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2010.29.1.054
- Lee, J.T., I.J. Ha, H.D. Kim, J.S. Moon, W.I. Kim, and W.D. Song. 2006. Effect of liquid pig manure on growth, nutrient uptake of onion, and chemical properties in soil. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 24(2):148-156.
- Lim, T.J., I.B. Lee, S.B. Kang, J.M. Park, and S.D. Hong. 2009. Effects of continual pre-plant application of pig slurry on soil mineral nutrients and yield of chinese cabbage. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 28(3):227-232. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2009.28.3.227
- MIFAFF. 2010. Act on the prevention of contagious animal diseases.
- MIFAFF. 2015. FMD standard operating procedure. pp. 1-277.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil and crop plant analysis, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Power, J.F., J.W. Doran, and P.T. Koerner. 1991. Hairy vetch as a winter cover crop for dryland corn production. J. Prod Agric. 4(1):62-67. https://doi.org/10.2134/jpa1991.0062
- Ryoo, J.W. 2009. Effects of application seasons and rates of swine liquid manure on yield and quality in rice. Korean J. Org. Agric. 17(1):95-109.
- Seo, D.C., S.W. Kang, I.W. Choi, H.H. Sung, T.Y. Hur, J.Y. Yoo, Y.J. Lee, J.S. Heo, S.J. Kang, and J.S. Cho. 2011. Evaluation of fertilizer value of animal waste for agricultural recycling. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5):788-793. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.788
- Shin, Y.J., G.Y. Heo, J.H. Kim, B.N. Kim, J.H. Min, and H.S. Cho. 2017. Effect of Corynebacterium glutamicum and Bacillus licheniformis on livestock material burial treatment. Korean J. Vet Sery. 40(1):53-59.
- USDA, NRCS and Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board. 2002. Catastrophic animal mortality management (burial method) technical guidance. TX, USA.
- U.S. EPA, 2000. Profile of agricultural livestock production industry. Washington, D.C., USA.
- Utomo, M., W.W. Frye, and R.L. Blevins. 1990. Sustaining soil nitrogen for corn using hairy vetch cover crop. Agron. J. 82(5):979-983. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1990.00021962008200050028x
- Varco, J.J., W.W. Frye, M.S. Smith, and C.T. Mackown. 1989. Tillage effects on nitrogen recovery by corn from a nitrogen-15 labeled legume cover crop. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 53(3):822-827. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1989.03615995005300030033x
- Yang, C.H., S.B. Lee, T.K. Kim, J.H. Ryu, C.H. Yoo, J.J. Lee, J.D. Kim, and K.Y. Jung. 2008. The effect of tillage methods after application of liquid pig manure on silage barley growth and soil environment in paddy soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41(5):285-291.