- Volume 22 Issue 3
Purpose: This study aimed to provide fundamental data for the development of a human management strategy depending on the followership type in 119 EMTs. Methods: The subjects were thirty eight 119 EMTs working out of hospital in Y, D, S, G city. Data were collected from June 25 to August 10, 2017. The Q sample was selected as 40 statements in total and analyzed using the PC QUANL program. Results: As a result of the study, three followership types explained 67.59% of all the variables. Three different types were identified from the examination. The types were labeled as 'Responsible helper type', 'Quick response type', and 'Enterprising self-development type'. Conclusion: For each type, a leader and follower should develop a team management strategy for 119 EMTs to provide high-quality emergency medical services.
- National Fire Agency 119. Statistical yearbook, 2018. http://www.nfa.go.kr/nfa/releaseinformation/statisticalinformation/main/;jsessionid=d7c12FA2O26Sxn6Pkjhdfypt.nfa12?boardId=bbs_0000000000000019&mode=view&cntId=16&category=&pageIdx=&searchCondition=&searchKeyword= 2018.
- National Fire Agency 119. Emergency statistical yearbook, 2018. Sejong:Sejong planning, 2018.
- 21st Century Political Science Dictionary. Leadership, https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=726998&cid=42140&categoryId=42140
- Daily Economic Glossary Dictionary. Followership, https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=17471&cid=43659&categoryId=43659
- Yang HM, Jeon HJ, Gang BR. A study on correlation between empowering leadership, growth needs and turnover intentions in 119 emergency medical technicians. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2013;17(3):29-37. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2013.17.3.029
- Manz CC. Self-leadership: toward and expanded theory of self-influence processes in organizations. The Academy of Management Review 1986;11(3):585-600. https://www.jstor.org/stable/258312 https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1986.4306232
- Lee MJ. The effects of self-leadership on organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior in 119 emergency workers. Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University 2016, Gwangju, Korea.
- Kim HG. Q-Methodology: science, philosophy, theory, analysis and application. Seoul: Communication Books, 2008. 78-81.
- Lee JS, Kim MA. Followership types of nurses - Q Methodological approach-. Journal of KSSSS 2011;23:201-19.
- Uhm TH, Park JH, Kim JH. The ethical attitude and morality of paramedics. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society 2008;10(6B):3167-77.
- Kim JY, Chang YC. Influences of followership competency on followership characteristics and LMX quality: moderating effect of empowerment. Journal of Creativity and Innovation 2017;10(1):1-40.
- Kim H. A study on the relationship between issue leadership and followership on nursing students. The Journal of Humanities and Social Science 2017;8(2):89-103. https://doi.org/10.22143/HSS126.96.36.199
Supported by : 공주대학교