- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical Properties of Jadeite Powder and Its Application to Cosmetic Formulations
경옥가루의 물리화학적 특성 및 화장품 제형 응용 연구
- Kim, Kyoung Mi (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Cosmetic Industry Coupled Collaboration Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Yong Woo (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Cosmetic Industry Coupled Collaboration Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Hong, In Gi (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Cosmetic Industry Coupled Collaboration Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Soo Nam (Department of Fine Chemistry, Cosmetic R&D Center, Cosmetic Industry Coupled Collaboration Center, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 김경미 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소, 코스메틱 융.복합산업 지원센터) ;
- 김용우 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소, 코스메틱 융.복합산업 지원센터) ;
- 홍인기 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소, 코스메틱 융.복합산업 지원센터) ;
- 박수남 (서울과학기술대학교 정밀화학과, 화장품종합기술연구소, 코스메틱 융.복합산업 지원센터)
- Received : 2017.10.18
- Accepted : 2017.12.13
- Published : 2018.02.10
In this study, physicochemical properties of the natural jadeite powder were investigated and also the wash-off pack and liquid foundation containing the jadeite powder were prepared. In addition, each of these formulations was evaluated by various functional effects, sensory evaluation, stability and skin safety. In the wash-off pack, the far-infrared ray emissivity and radiation energy values increased as a function of the jadeite powder content. At a 3% jadeite powder content, the skin temperature increased by about
jadeite powder;multi-functional natural materials;physicochemical properties;O/W type formulation;cosmetics
- A. LOpez-Galindo, C. Viseras, and P. Cerezo, Compositional, technical and safety specifications of clays to be used as pharmaceutical and cosmetic products, Appl. Clay Sci., 36, 51-63 (2007).
- H. W. Lee, S. H. Kang, and K. D. Nam, Characteristics of inorganic pigments used for cosmetic, J. Korean Oil Chem. Soc., 11(2), 7-15 (1994).
- Y. S. Kang, K. Y. Kyong, M. J. Rang, D. H. Bae, Y. K. Lee, W. G. Cho, S. K. Choi, and S. K. Han, Science in Cosmetics and Living Health Supplies 1, 230-230, Shin Kwang Publ., Seoul, Korea (2008).
- J. D. Kim, New Cosmetics, 101-500, Dong Hwa Technol. Publ, Seoul, Korea (2004).
E. J. Kim, M. J. Kim, N. R. Im, and S. N. Park, Photolysis of the organic UV filter, avobenzone, combined with octyl methoxycinnamate by nano-
$TiO_2$composites, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B, Biol., 149, 196-203 (2015).
- E. Demir, F. Turna, G. Vales, B. Kaya, A. Creus, and R. Marcos, In vivo genotoxicity assessment of titanium, zircoium and aluminium nanoparticles, and their microparticulated forms, in Drosophila, Chemosphere., 93, 2304-2310 (2013).
- G. J. Nohynek, E. Antignac, T. Re, and H. Toutain, Safety assessment of personal care products/cosmetics and their ingredients, Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol., 243, 239-259 (2010).
- D. M. Kim, B. G. Jo, and S. J. Park, Cosmetics containing gem powder, Korean Patent 10-0803941 (2008).
- K. S. Yun and J. Y. Kim, Cosmetic composition for containing jade powder, Korean Patent 10-0441773 (2004).
- J. Heo, Donguibogam, Bubin Publ., Seoul, Korea (2007).
- S. J. Lee, Compendium of Materia Medica, Iljoong Publ., Seoul, Korea (1993).
- Gemological Institute of America, Gem Reference Guide, ISBN 0-87311-019-6 (1988).
- J. J. Ahn, Recent trends in color cosmetics naturalistic, Korean J. Aesthet. Cosmetol., 12(3), 323-330 (2014).
- T. Kani, T. Suzuki, M. Tsukada, and H. Kamiya, Influence of surface-adhered nanoparticles and nanoporous structure on bulk flowability of silica, Powder Technol., 176, 108-113 (2007).
- A. Relier, P. M. Wilde, and H. G. Wiedemann, Thermal reactivity of jadeite and nephrite, J. Therm. Anal., 40, 99-105 (1993).
- J. L. Ruvalcaba-Sil, L. Manzanilla, E. Melgar, and R. Lozano Santa Cruz, PIXE and ionoluminescence for mesoamerican jadeite characterizatio, X-Ray Spectrom., 37(2), 96-99 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/xrs.1026
- G. E. Harlow and S. S. Sorensen, Jade (nephrite and jadeitite) and serpentinite: Metasomatic connections, Int. Geol. Rev., 47(2), 113-146 (2005). https://doi.org/10.2747/0020-68220.127.116.11
C. T. Prewitt and C. W. Burnham, The crystal structure of jadeite,
$NaAlSi_2O_6$, Am. Mineral., 51, 956-975 (1966).
- B. H. Yoo, C. M. Park, T. J. Oh, S. H. Han, H. H. Kang, and I. S. Chang, Investigation of jewelry powders radiation far-infrared rays and the biological effects on human skin, J. Cosmet. Sci., 53, 175-184 (2002).
- S. W. Kieffer, Thermodynamics and lattice vibrations of minerals' 2. Vibrational characteristics of silicates, Rev. Geophys. Space Phys., 17(1), 20-34 (1979).
- S. Shimokawa, T. Yokono, T. Mizuno, H. Tamura, T. Erata, and T. Araiso, Effect of far-infrared light irradiation on water as observed by X-ray diffraction measurements, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 43(4B), 545-547 (2004).
- T. K. Leung, P. J. Huang, Y. C. Chena, and C. M. Lee, Physical-chemical test platform for room temperature, far-infrared ray emitting ceramic materials (cFIR), J. Chin. Chem. Soc., 58, 653-658 (2011).
- M. M. C. Roovers, R. Westerkamp, and P. Blais, Cosmetic kit and method, US Patent 20030077238 A1 (2003).
- J. H. Kim, Cosmetics which contains nephrite jade powder and process for preparing thereof, Korean Patent 10-0279694 (2000).
- F. F. Mohammadi, J. T. Harrison, A. Czarnota, and C. Leonard, Nonabrasive sensory exfoliating system, US Patent 2005/0169868 A1 (2005).
- D. Geldart, E. C. Abdullah, A. Hassanpour, L. C. Nwoke, and I. Wouters, Characterization of powder flowability using measurement of angle of repose, China Particuology, 4(3-4), 104-107 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1672-2515(07)60247-4
- M. Y. Kim, K. D. Cho, E. J. Kim, S. Y. Choi, S. S. Kim, C. K. Han, and B. H. Lee, Clinical effectiveness of regular use of unripe apple mask pack on skin status of middle-aged women, Korean J. Nutr., 43(5), 453-462 (2010).
- J. Y. Lee, H. Yang, and W. C. Choi, Study on the suitability of mud-pack development from argillite, J. Korean Soc. Cosmet., 11(2), 73-85 (2005).
- J. S. Ko, J. H. Lee, and K. C. Sung, A Study on the powders for makeup cosmetics, J. Korean Oil Chem. Soc., 29(2), 286-294 (2012).
- R. S. Hunter, Accuracy, precision, and stability of new photoelectric color-difference meter, J. Opt. Soc. Am., 38(12), 1094-1094 (1948).