- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Bunsen Reaction using Ultrasonic Irradiation in Sulfur-iodine Hydrogen Production Process
황-요오드 수소 제조 공정에서 초음파 조사를 이용한 분젠 반응의 특성
- Kim, Hyo Sub (Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Dong Hee (Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Jong Gyu (Climate and Energy Research Group, Research Institute of Industrial Science & Technology) ;
- Park, Chu Sik (Hydrogen Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Kim, Young Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University)
- 김효섭 (충남대학교 응용화학공학과) ;
- 이동희 (충남대학교 응용화학공학과) ;
- 이종규 (포항산업과학연구원 기후에너지연구그룹) ;
- 박주식 (한국에너지기술연구원 수소연료전지연구) ;
- 김영호 (충남대학교 응용화학공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.16
- Accepted : 2017.11.20
- Published : 2018.02.10
In Bunsen reaction section for the integrated operation of sulfur-iodine (SI) process,
sulfur-iodine process;hydrogen production;bunsen reaction;HIx solution;ultrasonic irradiation
Supported by : Chungnam National University
- J. Turner, G. Sverdrup, M. K. Mann, P. Maness, B. Kroposki, M. Ghirardi, R. J. Evans, and D. Blake, Renewable hydrogen production, Int. J. Energy Res., 32, 379-407 (2008).
- J. E. Funk and R. M. Reinstrom, Energy requirements in the production of hydrogen from water, Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev., 5, 336-342 (1966).
- J. H. Norman, G. E. Besenbruch, L. C. Brown, D. R. O'Keefe, and C. L. Allen, Thermochemical water-splitting cycle, bench-scale investigations, and process engineering, General Atomic Company, GA-A16713 (1982).
- S. Kubo, H. Nakajima, S. Kasahara, S. Higashi, T. Masaki, H. Abe, and K. Onuki, A demonstration study on a closed cycle hydrogen production by the thermochemical water-splitting iodine-sulfur process, Nucl. Eng. Des., 233, 347-354 (2004).
- S. Kasahara, G. J. Hwang, H. Nakajima, H. S. Choi, K. Onuki, and M. Nomura, Effects of process parameters of the IS process on total thermal efficiency to produce hydrogen from water, J. Chem. Eng. Jpn., 36, 887-899 (2003).
- S. Kasahara, S. Kubo, K. Onuki, and M. Nomura, Thermal efficiency evaluation of HI synthesis/concentration procedures in the thermochemical water splitting IS process, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 29, 579-587 (2004).
- M. Sakurai, H. Nakajima, K. Onuki, and S. Shimizu, Investigation of 2 liquid phase separation characteristics on the iodine-sulfur thermochemical hydrogen production process, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 25, 605-611 (2000).
- M. Ball and M. Wietschel, The future of hydrogen - opportunities and challenges, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 34, 615-627 (2009).
- S. Dutta, A review on production, storage of hydrogen and its utilization as an energy resource, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20, 1148-1156 (2014).
- S. Goldstein, J. M. Borgard, and X. Vitart, Upper bound and best estimate of the efficiency of the iodine sulphur cycle, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 30, 619-626 (2005).
- Y. H. Kang, J. C. Ryu, C. S. Park, G. J. Hwang, S. H. Lee, K. K. Bae, and Y. H. Kim, The study on Bunsen reaction process for iodine-sulfur thermochemical hydrogen production, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 44, 410-416 (2006).
D. H. Lee, K. J. Lee, Y. H. Kang, Y. H. Kim, C. S. Park, G. J. Hwang, and K. K. Bae, High temperature phase separation of
$H_2SO_4-HI-H_2O-I_2$system in iodine-sulfur hydrogen production process, Trans. Korean Hydrogen New Energy Soc., 17, 395-402 (2006).
- K. J. Lee, Y. H. Kim, C. S. Park, and K. K. Bae, Phase separation characteristics via Bunsen reaction in sulfur-iodine thermochemical hydrogen production process, Trans. Korean Hydrogen New Energy Soc., 19, 386-393 (2008).
- W. C. Cho, C. S. Park, K. S. Kang, C. H. Kim, and K. K. Bae, Conceptual design of sulfur-iodine hydrogen production cycle of Korea Institute of Energy Research, Nucl. Eng. Des., 239, 501-507 (2009).
M. B. Richards, A. S. Shenoy, L. C. Brown, R. T. Buckingham, E. A. Harvego, K. L. Peddicord, S. M. M. Reza, and J. P. Coupey,
$H_2$-MHR pre-conceptual design report: SI-based plant - final technical report for the period september 2002 through september 2005, General Atomics Report, GA-A25401 (2006).
H. S. Kim, Y. H. Kim, B. T. Ahn, J. G. Lee, C. S. Park, and K. K. Bae, Phase separation characteristics of the Bunsen reaction when using
$HI_x$solution ( $HI-I_2$- $H_2O$) in the sulfur-iodine hydrogen production process, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 39, 692-701 (2014).
- S. B. Lee, J. D. Lee, and I. K. Hong, Ultrasonic energy effect on vegetable oil based biodiesel synthetic process, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 17, 138-143 (2011).
- Y. Seo and J. H. Kim, Rapid dye adsorption for dye-sensitized solar cells using a simple ultrasonication method, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 19, 488-492 (2013).
- K. Harikumar and V. Rajendran, Ultrasound assisted the preparation of 1-butoxy-4-nitrobenzene under a new multi-site phasetransfer catalyst - Kinetic study, Ultrason. Sonochem., 21, 208-215 (2014).
- M. Parisi, A. Giaconia, S. Sau, A. Spadoni, G. Caputo, and P. Tarquini, Bunsen reaction and hydriodic phase purification in the sulfur-iodine process: An experimental investigation, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 36, 2007-2013 (2011).
- P. W. Cains, P. D. Martin, and C. J. Price, The use of ultrasound in industrial chemical synthesis and crystallization. 1. applications to synthetic chemistry, Org. Process Res. Dev., 2, 34-48 (1998).
- M. Ali and I. A. Watson, Comparison of oil extraction methods, energy analysis and biodiesel production from flax seeds, Int. J. Energ. Res., 38, 614-625 (2014).