- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Calcium Ion Extraction for PCC Production
PCC 제조를 위한 칼슘이온 추출 조건에 관한 연구
- Lee, Ye-Hwan (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Graduate School of Kyonggi University) ;
- Lee, Sang Hyun (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Graduate School of Kyonggi University) ;
- Hwang, In-Hyuck (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Graduate School of Kyonggi University) ;
- Choi, Sung-Yeol (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Graduate School of Kyonggi University) ;
- Lee, Sang Moon (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Kim, Sung Su (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- 이예환 (경기대학교 일반대학원 환경에너지공학과) ;
- 이상현 (경기대학교 일반대학원 환경에너지공학과) ;
- 황인혁 (경기대학교 일반대학원 환경에너지공학과) ;
- 최성열 (경기대학교 일반대학원 환경에너지공학과) ;
- 이상문 (경기대학교 환경에너지공학과) ;
- 김성수 (경기대학교 환경에너지공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.13
- Accepted : 2017.11.16
- Published : 2018.02.10
In this study, we performed various extraction condition experiments such as types and concentrations of extractants, amounts of extraction sources, pretreatment processes, to optimize the calcium ion extraction for precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) production. CaO was used as a calcium extraction source, The extraction amount of calcium ions and the particle size of CaO were determined by ICP and SEM results. As a result, 100% calcium ion was extracted when 2 M hydrochloric acid was used as an extractant, and the optimum amount of the extraction source was 6 g. On the other hand, it was confirmed that the reaction time, reaction temperature, particle milling and heat treatment process had no significant effect on the calcium ion extraction amount.
carbon capture and storage;indirect carbonation;calcium ion;extraction
S. C. Chae, Y. N. Jang, and K. W. Ryu, Mineral carbonation as a sequestration method of
$CO_2$, J. Geol. Soc. Korea, 45, 527-555 (2009).
- S. W. Lee, J. H. Bang, and S. C. Chae, Climate change and mineral carbonation, J. Recreat. Constr. Resour., 11, 36-39 (2016).
- N. Heitmann and S. Khalilian, Accounting for carbon dioxide emissions from international shipping: Burden sharing under different UNFCCC allocation options and regime scenarios, Mar. Policy, 35, 682-691 (2011).
- S. D. Park, Carbon capture and Storage, Phys. High Technol. (Korea), 18, 19-23 (2009).
Y. Yoo, H. Choi, J. H. Bang, S. Chae, J. W. Kim, J. M. Kim, and S. W. Lee,
$CO_2$Sequestration and utilization of calcium-extracted slag using air-cooled blast furnace slag and convert slag, Appl. Chem. Eng., 28, 101-111 (2017).
J. H. Lee, D. W. Lee, and J. G. Shim, Development status of
$CO_2$Utilization Technology, Korean Ind. Chem. News, 18, 28-40 (2015).
- W. J. J. Huijgen and R. N. J. Comans, Carbon dioxide sequestration by mineral carbonation. Literature review, p. 31-60, Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands, Netherlands (2007).
K. S. Lackner, Climate change: A guide to
$CO_2$sequestration, Science, 300, 1677-1678 (2003).
- J. K. Stolaroff, G. V. Lowry, and D. W. Keith, Using CaO- and MgO-rich industrial waste streams for carbon sequestration, Energy Convers. Manag., 46, 687-699 (2005).
- D. P. Butt, K. S. Lackner, C. H. Wendt, S. D. Conzone, H. Kung, Y. C. Lu, and J. K. Bremser, Kinetics of thermal dehydroxylation and carbonation of magnesium hydroxide, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 7, 1892-1898 (1996).
Y. Katsuyama, A. Yamasaki, A. Iizuka, M. Fujii, K. Kumagai, and Y. Yanagisawa, Development of a process for producing high-purity calcium carbonate (
$CaCO_3$) from waste cement using pressurized $CO_2$, Environ. Prog., 24, 162-170 (2005).
- S. Lee, Y. Kim, J. M. Kim, C. H. Lee, J. K. Jeon, and W. S. Chang, Influencing parameters on mineral carbonation using waste concrete, J. Korean Soc. Urban Environ., 16, 215-224 (2016).
- S. Park, Storage of Carbon Dioxide through Indirect Carbonation of CKD, Master Thesis, Korea Maritime University, Busan, Korea (2013).
C. Kunzler, N. Alves, E. Pereira, J. Nienczewski, R. Ligabue, S. Einloft, and J. Dullius,
$CO_2$storage with indirect carbonation using industrial waste, Energy Procedia, 4, 1010-1017 (2011).
A. Said, H. P. Mattila, M. Jarvinen, and R. Zevenhoven, Production of precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) from steelmaking slag for fixation of
$CO_2$, Appl. Energy, 112, 765-771 (2013).
- Y. H. Lim, J. Y. Lee, J. R. Shin, C. S. Choi, B. U. Hong, H. J. Kang, and B. H. Park, An experimental study on preparation of precipitated calcium carbonate using Ca component dissolution characteristics and liquid carbonation by the industrial byproducts, J. Korean Oil Chem. Soc., 32, 116-126 (2015).
- S. Teir, S. Eloneva, C. J. Fogelholm, and R. Zevenhoven, Dissolution of steelmaking slags in acetic acid for precipitated calcium carbonate production, Energy, 32, 528-539 (2007).
- Calcium chloride, A Guide to Physical Properties, Occidental Chemical Corporation.