- Volume 8 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Convergence effects of husband's help on self-efficacy and postpartum depression in mother
남편의 도움이 산모의 자기효능감과 산후우울에 미치는 융합적 영향
- Jung, In-Sook (Department of Nursing, Chodang University)
- 정인숙 (초당대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.01.24
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This study is to find the convergence effect of a husband's help on self-efficacy and postpartum depression in mother. Each husband did mother and baby care until postpartum 6th week after completing three sessions of education. The data was collected in the 1st and 6th week postpartum, and analyzed using SPSS 20.0. Husbands's practice rate was 80%. Factors affecting to mothers' self-efficacy were parity, antepartum admission and husband's job, and to their postpartum depression were mothers' education, monthly income and antepartum depression. Prevalence of postpartum depression in the 1st and 6th week were 33.3% and 1.7% each. There were significant differences in increasing self-efficacy and in decreasing postpartum depression(p<.001), and there was a negative correlation between two variables(r=-.62, p=.01). Husbands' help brought convergence effects on increasing mothers' self-efficacy and decreasing postpartum depression(p<.001). This results could be used in developing intervention programs in managing mothers' self-efficacy and postpartum depression after repeated studies with wider range of subjects.
- I. Kirpinar, S. Gozum & T. Pasinlioglu. (2010). Prospective study of postpartum depression in eastern Turkey prevalence, socio-demographic and obstetric correlates, prenatal anxiety and early awareness. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 19(3-4), 422-431. DOI : 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2009.03046.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2009.03046.x
- A. Z. Barrera, R. E. Wickham & R. F. Munoz. (2015). Online prevention of postpartum dpression for Spanish-and English-speaking pregnant women : A pilot randomized controlled trial. Internet Intervention, 1(2), 257-265. DOI : 10.1016/j.invent.2015.06.002
- K. I. Mohammad, J. Gamble & D. K. Creedy. (2011). Prevalence and factors associated with the development of antenatal and postnatal depression among Jordanian women. Midwifery, 27(6), 238-245. DOI : 10.1016/j.midw.2010.10.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2010.10.008
- J. H. Youn & I. S. Jeong. (2013). Predictors of postpartum depression: prospective cohort study. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 43(2), 225-235. DOI : 10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.225 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.225
- T. Y. Ahn. (2012). The 62.5% postpartum wemen experienced postpartum depression. Medical today. http://www.mdtoday.co.kr/mdtoday/index.html?no=204432.
- J. W. Lee, Y. S. Eo & E. H. Moon. (2015). Effects of self efficacy, body image and family support on postpartum depression in early postpartum mothers. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(6), 4011-4020. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4011 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4011
- K. S. Kim. (2012). The effect of self-efficacy, social support on postpartum depression in mothers. Doctoral dissertation. Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- J. Cox, J. Holden & R. Sagovsky. (1987). Detection of postnatal depression : development of the 10-item Edinburgh Postnatal Edpression Scale. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 150, 782-786. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.150.6.782
- K. W. Han, M. J. Kim & J. M. Park. (2004). The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, Korean Version : Reliability and Validity. Journal of the Korean Society of Biological Therapies in Psychiatry, 10(2), 201-207.
- E. J. Lee & J. S. Park. (2015). Development of a prediction model for postpartum depression : based on the examination of mediating effects of antepartum depression. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 45(2), 211-220. DOI : 10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.211 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.211
- I. S. Jung. (2017). Effects of husband's help on the mother's postpartum depression and self-efficacy : A pilot study. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(6), 45-52. http://www.earticle.net/article.aspx?sn=317826 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.6.045
- C. G. Kim & M. Y. Choi. (2016). Factors influencing maternal depression : secondary data analysis. The Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 28(3), 288-301. DOI : 10.7475/kjan.2016.28.3.288 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.3.288
- T. Kathree, O. M. Selohilwe, A. Bhana & I. Petersen. (2014). Perceptions of postnatal depression and health care needs in a South African sample : the mental in maternal health care. BMC Womens Health, 12, 14-140. DOI : 10.1186/s12905-014-0140-7
- E. Y. Choi, E. H. Lee, J. S. Choi & S. H. Choi. (2011). A Comparative Study on the Postpartum Depression of Vietnamese Marriage Immigrant Women and Korean Women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 17(1), 39-51. DOI : 10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.1.39 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.1.39
- Y. K. Shin & Y. S. Choi. (2013). The Effect of Self Efficacy, Marital Conflicts and Prenatal Depression on Postpartum Depression. Journal of family relations, 18(1), 155-176.
- S. H. Kang. (2018). Postpartum helper supported government. Naver Post. http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeo=11972457&memberNo=4257741&vType=VERTICAL
- K. H. Park. (2017). Maternity leave of spouse. HR/ER ISSUE(Online). https://blog.naver.com/nzcpla/221138432980
- J. Y. Bae. (2015). The mediating effect of parenting efficacy on the relationship between husband's support and mother's psychological well-being. Master' thesis. Hongik University, Seoul.
- K. Falah-Hassani, R. Shiri & C. Dennis. (2016). Prevalence and risk factors for comorbid postpartum depressive symptomatology and anxiety. Journal of Affective Disorders, 198, 142-147. DOI : 10.1016/j.jad.2016.03.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2016.03.010
- C. L. Dennis, P. A. Janssen & J. Singer. (2004). Identifying women at-risk for postpartum depression in the immediate postpartum period. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 110(5), 338-346. DOI : 10.1111/j.1600-0447.2004.00337.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.2004.00337.x