- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of Ego Resilience, Interpersonal Relation, and Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies on college life adaptation of nursing students
간호대학생의 자아탄력성, 대인관계능력, 인지적 정서조절전략이 대학생활적응에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Sook Hee
- Received : 2018.08.07
- Accepted : 2018.11.02
- Published : 2018.11.30
This study was conducted to identify the effects of ego resilience, interpersonal relationships, and cognitive emotion regulation strategies on adaptation to college life by nursing students and provide data to increase adaptation based on the results. This research was based on 304 nursing students in B and Y city. Data were collected from May 8 to May 13, 2017 and analyzed by ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression using SPSS/WIN 22.0. The average college life adaptation value was
Ego Resilience;Interpersonal Relation;Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies;College Life Adaptation;nursing
- J. N. Sohn, "Discriminating power of suicidal ideation by life stress, coping strategy, and depression in college students", Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 267-275, 2007.
- M. H. Jung, M. A. Shin, "The relationship between self-esteem and satisfaction in major of nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 170-177, 2006.
- J. S. Jung, M. J. Jeong, I. Y. Yoo, "Relationship between satisfaction in major, career decision-making self-efficacy and career identity of nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 27-36, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.27 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.27
- S. J. Lee, J. H. Yu, "The mediation effect of self-efficacy between academic and career stress and adjustment to college", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 589-607, 2008.
- S. Y. Yun, S. H. Min, "Influence of ego-resilience and spiritual well-being on college adjustment in major of nursing student", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 395-403, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.395 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.395
- Jang, S. M., Jung, Y. J. "The effect of participation motivation and ego-resilience of Taekwondo trainees on psychological well-being", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 403-413, 2018.
- H. S. Song, E. S. Na, Y. H. Jeon, K. I. Jung, "Factors influencing college life adaptation in nursing students", The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 72-81, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21086/ksles.2016.03.23.1.72 https://doi.org/10.21086/ksles.2016.02.23.1.72
- H. J. Lee, K. W. Kim, "The relationship among the parent-adolescent communication, adolescents self-esteem, and social development", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 283-295, 2000.
- M. Jung, "Influence of ego states, self esteem, and empathies on interpersonal relationship of nursing students", Journal of the Korean Academia Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 4614-4620, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4614 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4614
- S. S. Sim, M. R. Bang. "The relationship between the character, interpersonal relations, and adjustment to a college life of nursing students", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 634-642, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.634 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.634
- N. Garnefski, V. Kraaij, P. Spinhoven, "Negative life events, cognitive emotion regulation and emotional problem", Personality and Individual Differences, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1311-1327, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(00)00113-6
- S. H. Kim, "A study on relationships among the stressful events, cognitive emotion regulation strategies and psychological well-being", Journal of Student Guidance and Counselling, vol. 26, pp. 5-29, 2008.
- K. H. Lee, "The relationship of emotional regulation strategies and school adjustment in junior high school students", Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 159-169, 2009.
- Kwag, Y. K. "Effects of self-esteem, ego-resilience, social support on nursing student's adjustment to college", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 2178-2186, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178
- E. J. Oh, S. A. Park, "The mediating effects of interpersonal competence between nursing student's adult attachment and adjustment to college life", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 94-102, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.94
- S. O. Choi, J. K. Park, S. H. Kim, "Factors influencing the adaptation to the college life of nursing students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 182-189, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182
- S. M. Park, C. G. Kim, S. K. Cha, "Influence of emotional awareness, ambivalence over emotional expressiveness and emotional regulation style on nursing student adjustment", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 300-311, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.300 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.300
- K. H. Kim, "Correlation of a stress-coping humor sense, and adaptation to college of baccalaureate nursing students", The Korean Contents Society. 14, no. 3, pp. 301-313, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.03.301
- S. H. Park, E. K. Byun, "Effects of emotional intelligence, humor sence, and ego resilience on adjustment to the college life of nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 256-264, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.10.256 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.256
- J. H. Choi, M. J. Park, "Methodological triangulation method to evaluate adjustment to college life in associate nursing college students", The Korea Contents Society, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 339-349, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.07.339
- C. L. Jew, K. E. Green, J. Kroger, "Development and validation of a measure of resilience", Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 75-89, 1991.
- J. Block, A. M. Kremen, "IQ and ego-resiliency: conceptual and empirical connections and separateness", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 349-361, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1999
- S. K. Yoo, H. W. Shim, "Psychological protective factors in resilient adolescents in Korea", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 189-206, 2002.
- M. J. Steven, M. A. Compion, "The knowledge, skill and ability requirements for teamwork: implications for human resource management", Journal of Management, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 503-530, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/014920639402000210
- S. P. Schlein, B. G. Guerney, "Relationship enhancement", San Francisco, CA; Josey-Bass, 1971.
- S. G. Chun, "A study on the effectiveness of social skill training program for rehabilitation of the schizophrenic patients", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Soongsil University 1994.
- R. A. Tompson, "Emotional regulation and emotional development", Education Psychology Review, vol. 3, pp. 269-307, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01319934
- R. W. Baker, B. Siryk, "Student adaptation to college questionnaire(SACQ): manual", Los Angeles, Western Psychological Service, 1989.
- S. S. Baek, H. Y. Cho, "Influence of empathy, anxiety, and social support on adaptation to university life in undergraduate students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 2841-2852, 2017.
- H. J. Won, "Effects of self-leadership and stress coping on college life adjustment in nursing students", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 123-131, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.1.123 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.1.123
- H. G. Son, S. H. Kwon, H. J. Park, "The influence of life stress, ego-resilience, and spiritual well-being on adaptation to university life in nursing students", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 636-646, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.5.636
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, "Influence of ego-resilience and stress coping styles on college adaptation in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic of Nursing Administration, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- S. O. Kim, "Factors affecting school life adjustment of freshmen in nursing department", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1077-1088, 2018.
- S. H. Choi, E. K. Byun, "Factors influencing academic stress for the elderly in nursing students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 2303- 2313, 2016.
- O. H. Cho, Y. H. Kim, "Infiuences of cognitive emotion regulation and social support on social anxiety among nursing students", The Korean Journal of Stress Research, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 25-30, 2018. DOI: http://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2018.26.1.25 https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2018.26.1.25
Supported by : 영산대학교