- Volume 19 Issue 11
This study constructed a structural model and examined the fit and significance of the model to identify the influencing factors on the organizational commitment of ROTC cadets. The subjects of this study were 209 male students in grades 3 and 4 ROTC cadets of eight universities located in D, P, and G cities. Data were collected from April 13 to May 29, 2018. The data collected were analyzed by SPSS / WIN 20.0 and AMOS 21.0 programs. A positive correlation was observed between the ROTC instructor's leadership, self-efficacy, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment. Six of the six pathways of the hypothetical structural model were statistically significant. The hypothetical model showed a good fit for the data. The model fit indices were
Job satisfaction;Leadership;Organizational commitment;ROTC;Self-efficacy
- H. W, Kim, J. E. Yoo, C. H. Woo, "Effect of Calling, Meaning of Work, Job Stress, and Stress Coping on Organizational Commitment among Career Soldiers" The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 30-36, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2017.25.1.30 https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2017.25.1.30
- H. Angle, J. Perry, "Dual Commitmentand Labor Management Relationship Climates," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.29 No.1, pp. 31-50, 1986. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5465/255858 https://doi.org/10.5465/255858
- J. E. Kim, "The Effects of Positivity and Family Communication on Organizational Commitment and the Mediating Effects of Self-Efficacy between Them among Long-Term Professional Soldiers," Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol.16, No.12, pp. 281-290, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.12.281 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.12.281
- J. S. Jung, "A study on the Effect of Transformational leadership on Organizational Commitment in ROTC", Master's Thesis, Ajou University, Suwon, 2012.
- Y. S. Chang, "A Study about the Effects of Leadership and Organizational Structure on the Job Stress," Korean Review of Organizational Studies, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 161-187, 2011. https://doi.org/10.21484/kros.2011.8.3.161
- J. M. Kim, "Influences toward ROTC Candidates' Satisfactions of the Job and Organizational Commitments by the Instructors' Types of Leadership", Master's Thesis, Dong-Eui University, Busan, 2012.
- K. M. Baldwin, J. R. Baldwin, T. Ewald, "The Relationship Among Shame, Guilt, and Self-Efficacy", American Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol.60, No.1, pp. 1-21, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.psychotherapy.2006.60.1.1 https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.psychotherapy.2006.60.1.1
- E. J. Kim, T. J. Cho, "The Effects of Leader's Motivational Language on Self-Esteem, Self-Efficacy and Organizational Commitment", The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 1-25, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2013.15.4.001
- C. Lee, P. Bobko, "Self-Efficacy Beliefs: Comparison of Five Measures". Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.79, No.3, pp. 364-369, 1994. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.79.3.364 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.79.3.364
- E. A. Locke, "The Nature & Causes of job satisfaction, in M. D. Dunnette, Chicago: Handbook of industrial and organization psychology", Rand McNally College Publishers, 1976.
- J. S. Kim, "The Effect of Self-Efficacy on Work Satisfaction and Organization Commitment through Sports Participation Motives of Professional Soldiers", Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2015.
- S. I. KIM, "A Study on the Influence of Self-Esteem of Professional Soldiers on Marital Satisfaction, Marital Stability, Job Satisfaction, and Organizational Commitment", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Baeseok University, Cheonan, 2014.
- H. Z. Lin, "A Study on the Relationship between Transformational Leadership and Oraganizational Commitment-Based on the Moderating Effect of Self-efficacy and the Korean and Chinese Firms", Master's Thesis, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, 2017.
- H. Z. Lim, K. S. Nam, S. H. Park, S. H. Lee, J. S. Jung, "Relationships among Transformational Leadership, Self-Efficacy, and Organizational Commitment: A Comparative Study between Korean and Chinese Workers", The Journal of Professional Anagement, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 87-103, August, 2017
- Y. Li, W. S. Choi, D. J. Song, S. M. Na, "The Influence of Transactional and Transformational Leadership on Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction: South Korea companies and Chinese compared", Tourrism Research, Vol.41, No.4, pp. 227-250, December, 2016.
- H. S. Choi, S. D. Cheon, "The Moderated Mediation Effect of Type A Personality among the Self-Efficacy, Job Satisfaction, and Organizational Commitment", Korean Journal of Hotel Administration, Vol.24, No.7 pp. 241-258, December, 2015.
- J. P. Yu, The Basic and Interpretation of Structural Equation Modeling. pp. 275-278, Hannarae Publishers, Seoul, 2012.
- B. M. Bass, B. J. Avolio, "Transformational leadership and organizational culture", Public Administration Quarterly, pp. 112-121, 1993.
- M. Shere, C. H. Adams, "Construct Validation of the Self-Efficacy Scale", Psychological Reports, Vol.53, pp. 899-902, 1983. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19184.108.40.2069 https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19220.127.116.119
- J. J. Young, W. S. Yun, "The Influence of Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy on the Degree of Transformational Leadership of ROTC Cadets, and Correlations", International Journal of Adult & Continuing Education, Vol. 14, No.4, pp. 185-209, 2011.
- N. J Allen, J. P. Meyer, "A Three-component Conceptualization of Organizational Commitment" Human Resources Management Review. Vol.1, No.1, pp. 61-89, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z
- G. O. Lee, Y. H. Lee, "A Study on the Influence of Positive Life Position and Self-Efficacy on the Job Satisfaction of Food Service Industry Employees", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol.31, No.3, pp. 179-190, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.21298/IJTHR.2017.03.31.3.179
- C. Y. Jang, W. H. Shin, W. H. Lee, "An Analysis of Self-efficacy and Job Satisfaction Factors Influencing Job Burnout in Police Officers", Korean Police Studies Review, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 161-186, March, 2018
- E. H. Kim, "A Convergence Study about Influences of Self-efficacy and Mindfulness on Job Satisfaction on General Hospital Nurses", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7, No.5, pp. 107-116, October, 2016 DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.107 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.107
- D. Eden, A. Aviram, "Self-efficacy Training to Speed Reemployment: Helping People to Help Themselves", Journal of applied Psychology, Vol.78, No.3 pp. 352, 1993. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.3.352 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.3.352
- Y. J. Jang, "The Effects of the Song-focused Musical Activities on the Emotional Intelligence, Job Satisfaction and the Organizational Commitment of a Conscripted Military Personnel", Master's Thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, 2017.
- H. B. Lee, K. M. Lee, M. Y. Jung, "The Effects of Informal Mentoring on Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in ROK Military", Management Education Research, Vol.28, No.5 pp. 355-382, October, 2013.
- W. B. Johnson, G. R. Andersen, "Formal Mentoring in the US Military: Research Evidence, Lingering Questions, and Recommendations", Naval War College Review, Vol.63, No.2, pp. 112-126, 2010.