- Volume 55 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on Thermal Insulation Property of Military Cold-Weather Clothing Using a Thermal Manikin
써멀마네킨을 이용한 군용 방한복의 보온성 평가에 관한 연구
- Jin, Yong Bum (Korea Apparel Testing and Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Sungmin (Department of Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design/Research Institute of Human Ecology, Seoul National University) ;
- Han, Hyun Jung (Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry) ;
- Sa, A Na (Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry) ;
- Park, Chang Kyu (Department of Organic and Nano System Engineering, Konkuk University)
- 진용범 (한국의류시험연구원) ;
- 김성민 (서울대학교 의류학과/생활과학연구소) ;
- 한현정 (한국패션산업연구원) ;
- 사아나 (한국패션산업연구원) ;
- 박창규 (건국대학교 공과대학 유기나노시스템공학과)
- Received : 2018.01.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.02.28
This paper proposes a novel test method for the evaluation of thermal insulation capability of military cold-weather clothing. A new evaluation method for thermal insulation using a thermal manikin was developed, and the thermal insulation capabilities of various materials were tested using the proposed method. The experiment was conducted under environmental conditions similar to that of actual military operations. The thermal insulation capability and specific mass were evaluated for 31 innerwear and 9 outerwear items. The criteria for selecting the optimal winter clothing was proposed through the statistical analysis of the results of the experiments.
Grant : 한반도 작전환경에 적합한 방한복 상의 내피 및 외피 소재 개발
Supported by : 국방부
- S. J. Lee, Y. L. Choi, and Y. J. Nam, "Development and Evaluation of Air Force Mechanic Parka to Enhance the Functions and Insulation", Fashion Text. Res. J., 2012, 14, 294-303. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.2.294
- S. Y. Kwon, E. M. Choi, C. G. Lim, D. W. Shin, K. P. Kim, O. K. Kwon, and H. M. Jeong, "A Study on Wearing Satisfaction and Thermal Properties of Jumper for Korean Military Tank Drivers", Fashion Text. Res. J., 2012, 14, 261-268. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.2.261
- S. M. Jin and J. Y. Hwang, "A Study on the Camouflage Pattern for the Korean Arm forces Uniform", Bull. Korean Soc. Basic Des. Art, 2006, 7, 511-522.
- K. H. Kim, Y. M. Kim, H. Y. Kim, T. Y. Ahn, S. A. Lee, K. H. Choi, K. H. Hong, and S. Y. Hwang, "A Study on the Functional Design Process and Performance Evaluation of Army's Training Wear", J. Korean Soc. Clothing Text., 1990, 14, 104-116.
- J. S. Choe, H. S. Choe, and G. M. Lee, "A Study on the Functional Development of Army's Combat Uniforms", J. Korean Soc. Costume, 2003, 53, 141-153.
- M. A. Jung and Y. J. Nam, "A Study on the Current State of Korean Military Winter Uniform Tops", J. Korean Soc. Costume, 2016, 66, 66-81. https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2016.66.5.066
- Y. B. Kim, W. Jang, K. R. Kim, S. Y. Kim, Y. J. Baek, and J. Y. Lee, "Comparisons of Thermal Insulations between on Air- Cell Pack Embedded Jacket and Down Jackets", J. Korean Soc. Clothing Text., 2015, 39, 55-62. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.1.55
- E. J. Jeon, S. K. Park, H. C. You, and H. E. Kim, "Wearing Comfort Evaluation of a Summer Flight Suit to Improve Ventilation", Fashion Text. Res. J., 2014, 16, 485-491. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.3.485
- J. W. Choi and H. H. Lee, "The Relationship between Weight of Single Garments and Thermal Insulation with a Thermal Manikin", J. Korean Soc. Clothing Text., 2009, 33, 173-186. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.2.173
- H. J. Park, H. J. Kim, and K. H. Hong, "Transient Heat Flux Evaluation of Underwear for Protective Clothing using Sweating Manikin", J. Korean Soc. Clothing Text., 2009, 32, 157-165.
- International Organization for Standardization, "Ergonomics of the Thermal Environment - Estimation of Thermal Insulation and Water Vapour Resistance of a Clothing Ensemble", 2011.