- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Shake Table Test on Seismic Performance Evaluation of the Bolted Connection Type Paneling System with Exterior Finish Material
외부마감재가 부착된 볼트접합 방식 패널링 시스템의 내진성능평가를 위한 진동대 실험
- Oh, Sang Hoon (School of Urban, Architecture and Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Jong Won (Research Institute of Industrial Science&Technology) ;
- Park, Hae Yong (Seismic Simulation Test Center, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2017.10.25
- Accepted : 2017.12.11
- Published : 2018.01.01
In this study, we conducted a shake table test to verify the seismic performance of the paneling system with steel truss composed of bolt connections. The control group was set to the traditional paneling system with steel truss connected by spot welding method. Test results showed that the bolted connection type paneling system has excellent deformation capacity without cracking or brittle fracture of the steel truss connection parts compared to the welding type paneling system. Furthermore, in the bolted connection type, slight damage occurred at the time of occurrence of the same story drift angle as compared with the existing method, it is considered that it has excellent seismic performance. In compliance with the performance-based design recommended for the current code (ASCE 41-13) on non-structural components, it is judged that in the case of the bolted connection type paneling system, it can be applied to all risk category structures without restriction. However, in the case of traditional paneling system with spot welding method, it is considered that it can be applied limitedly.
Supported by : (재)포항산업과학연구원
- ASCE. Minimum design loads for building and other structures. American Society of Civil Engineers, Standards ASCE/SEI 7-10. c2010.
- ASCE. Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings, American Society of Civil Engineers, Standards ASCE/SEI 41-13. c2014.
- International Code Council, IBC: International Building Code. c2015.
- Architectural Institute of Korea. Korea Building Code and Commentaty, KBC 2016. Architectural Institute of Korea. Korea. c2016.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. Reducing th Risks of Nonstructural Earthquake Damage, FEMA E-74. FEMA. c2012.
- ICC-ES. Acceptance Criteria for Seismic Certification by Shake-Table Testing of Nonstructural Components. c2010.
- American Architectural Manufactures Association (AAMA). Recommended Dynamic Test Method for Determinig the Seismic Drift Causing Glass Fallout from a Wall System. Publication No. AAMA 501.6-09. American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA).Des Plaines, IL. c2009.
- Applied Technology Council (ATC). Tentative Provisions for the Development of Seismic Regulations for Buildings. Applied Technology Council. ATC 3-06. Nat. Bur. of Stds. Spec. Publ. Washington DC. c1978.
- Chang KK, Park NW. Development and performance ecaluation of under cut anchor stone curtain wall construction method, J. Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection. 2014 Jul;18 (4):138-146. https://doi.org/10.11112/JKSMI.2014.18.4.138
- Choi KS, Yi WH, Yang WJ, Kim HJ. A study on evaluation of floor response spectrum for seismic design of non-structural components, EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2013 Nov;17(6):279-291.
- Chang KK, Lim YC, Seo DW. Comparison of building code for design of non-structural elements for buildings, AIK J. Architectural Institute of Korea 2013 Jan;29(1):23-30.