- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Discussion on the Seismic Coefficient for Gravity Quay Wall Considering Frequency Characteristics of Input Earthquake
입력 지진의 주파수 특성을 고려한 중력식 안벽의 수평 지진계수에 대한 고찰
- Lee, Moon Gyo (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Ha, Jeong Gon (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Park, Heon Joon (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Kim, Dong Soo (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST)
- 이문교 (KAIST, 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 하정곤 (KAIST, 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 박헌준 (KAIST, 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 김동수 (KAIST, 건설 및 환경공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.16
- Accepted : 2017.12.08
- Published : 2018.01.01
Pseudo-static approach has been conventionally applied for the design of gravity type quay walls. In this method, seismic coefficient (
Grant : 항만 및 어항설계기준 고도화를 위한 성능기반 내진설계 기술 개발
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국해양과학기술진흥원
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation. Research of Seismic Design Criterea (II). Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. c1997.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. Seismic Design Standards of Harbor and Port. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. c1999.
- Seo HY, Park KS, Kim IH, Kim DS. A discussion on the improvement of seismic design criteria of infrastructures. Journal of the Earth quake Engineering Society of Korea. 2014;18(5):231-240. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2014.18.5.231
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. Seismic Performance evaluation & improvement revision of existing structures (Harbors). Korea Infrastructures Safety and Technology Corporation. c2012.
- Lee MG, Jo SB, Cho HI, Park HJ, Kim DS. A Discussion on the Definitions of Seismic Coefficient for Gravity Quay Wall in Korea. Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2017;21(2):77-85. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2017.21.2.077
- Nozu A, Ichii K, Sugano T. Seismic design of port structures. Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering. 2004;4(3):195-208. https://doi.org/10.5610/jaee.4.3_195
- Nagao T, Iwata N, Fujimura M, Morishita N, Sato H, Ozaki R. Seismic Coefficients of Caisson Type and Sheet Pile Type Quay Walls Against the Level-one Earthquake Ground Motion. Technical note of National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management. 2006;1-26.
- Cakir T. Evaluation of the Effect of Earthquake Frequency Content on Seismic Behavior of Cantilever Retaining Wall Including Soil-structure Interaction. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2013;45:96-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2012.11.008
- Hatami K, Bathurst RJ. Effect of Structural Design on Fundamental Frequency of Reinforced-soil Retaining Walls. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2000;19(3):137-157. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0267-7261(00)00010-5
- Lee MG, Ha JG, Jo SB, Park HJ, Kim DS. Assessment of Horizontal Seismic Coefficient for Gravity Quay Walls by Centrifuge Tests. Geotechnique Letters. 2017;7(2):211-217. https://doi.org/10.1680/jgele.17.00005
- Comite Europeen de Normalisation. Eurocode 8: Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance. Part 5: Foundations, Retaining Structures. Geotechnical Aspects. CEN, Brussels. c2004.
- Ministry of Transport. Technical standards for Ports and Harbour Facilities in Japan. c1999 translated version of 港灣の施設物の技術上の基準‧同解說(日本港灣協會, 1999).
- Ministry of Transport. Technical standards for Ports and Harbour Facilities in Japan. c2007 translated version of 港灣の施設物の技術上の基準‧同解說(日本港灣協會, 2007).
- Noda S, Uwabe T, Chiba T. Relation between Seismic Coefficient and Ground Acceleration for Gravity Quay Wall. Report of Port and Harbour Research Institute. 1975;14(4):67-111.
- Kim DS, Kim NR, Choo YW, Cho GC. A Newly Developed State-of-the-art Geotechnical Centrifuge in Korea. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering. 2013;17(1):77-84. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-013-1350-5
- Lee SH, Choo YW, Kim DS. Performance of an Equivalent Shear Beam (ESB) Model Container for Dynamic Geotechnical Centrifuge Tests. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2013;44:102-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2012.09.008
- Terzaghi K. General Wedge Theory of Earth Pressure. American Society of Civil Engineers Transactions. 1941;106:68-97.
- Kim SR, Jang IS, Chung CK, Kim MM. Evaluation of Seismic Displacements of Quay Walls. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2005;25:451-459. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2005.03.002
- Zeng, X. Seismic Response of Gravity Quay Walls. I: Centrifuge Modeling. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. 1998;124(5):406-417 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(1998)124:5(406)