- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Efficient Selective Method for Audio Watermarking Against De-synchronization Attacks
- Mushgil, Baydaa Mohammad ;
- Adnan, Wan Azizun Wan ;
- Al-hadad, Syed Abdul-Rahman ;
- Ahmad, Sharifah Mumtazah Syed
- Received : 2016.06.05
- Accepted : 2017.09.26
- Published : 2018.01.01
The high capacity audio watermarking algorithms are facing a main challenge in satisfying the robustness against attacks especially on de-synchronization attacks. In this paper, a robust and a high capacity algorithm is proposed using segment selection, Stationary Wavelet Transform (SWT) and the Quantization Index Modulation (QIM) techniques along with new synchronization mechanism. The proposed algorithm provides enhanced trade-off between robustness, imperceptibility, and capacity. The achieved watermarking improves the reliability of the available watermarking methods and shows high robustness towards signal processing (manipulating) attacks especially the de-synchronization attacks such as cropping, jittering, and zero inserting attacks. For imperceptibility evaluation, high signal to noise ratio values of above 22 dB has been achieved. Also subjective test with volunteer listeners shows that the proposed method has high imperceptibility with Subjective Difference Grade (SDG) of 4.76. Meanwhile, high rational capacity up to 176.4 bps is also achieved.
Stationary wavelet transform (SWT);Quantization Index Modulation (QIM);De-synchronization attacks;Jittering attack;Cropping attack;Subjective listening grade(SDG);Signal to noise ratio (SNR)
- Obimbo, C., & Salami, B. (2012), Using Digital Watermarking for Copyright Protection. INTECH Open Access Publisher. - Volume 2, Dr. Mithun Das Gupta (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-0619-7, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/38184. https://doi.org/10.5772/38184
- Lin, Y., & Abdulla, W., "Objective quality measures for perceptual evaluation in digital audio watermarking," IET signal processing, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 623-631, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-spr.2010.0069
- Lei, B., Soon, Y., Zhou, F., Li, Z., & Lei, H., "A robust audio watermarking scheme based on lifting wavelet transform and singular value decomposition," Signal Processing, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 1985-2001, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2011.12.021
- Zamani, M., & Manaf, A. B. A., "Genetic algorithm for fragile audio watermarking," Telecom-munication Systems, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 291-304, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11235-014-9936-x
- Al-Haj, A., "An imperceptible and robust audio watermarking algorithm," EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, 2014(1), pp. 1- 12, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-4722-2014-1
- Nematollahi, M. A., Akhaee, M. A., Al-Haddad, S. A. R., & Gamboa-Rosales, H., "Semi-fragile digital speech watermarking for online speaker recognition," EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, 2015(1), pp. 1-1, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13636-014-0045-2
- Xiang, S., Huang, J., & Yang, R., "Time-scale invariant audio watermarking based on the statistical features in time domain," In Information Hiding. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 93-108, July 2006.
- Xiang, S., & Huang, J., "Histogram-based audio watermarking against time-scale modification and cropping attacks," Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1357-1372, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2007.906580
- Xiang, S., Kim, H. J., & Huang, J., "Audio watermarking robust against time-scale modification and MP3 compression," Signal Processing, vol. 88, no. 10, pp. 2372-2387, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2008.03.019
- Yang, H. Y., Bao, D. W., Wang, X. Y., & Niu, P. P., "A robust content based audio watermarking using UDWT and invariant histogram," Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 453-476, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-010-0644-6
- Fan, M. Q., & Wang, H. X., "Statistical characteristicbased robust audio watermarking for resolving playback speed modification," Digital Signal Processing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 110-117, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2010.09.003
- Chen, S. T., Hsu, C. Y., & Huang, H. N., "Waveletdomain audio watermarking using optimal modifycation on low-frequency amplitude," Signal Processing, IET, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 166-176, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-spr.2013.0399
- Wang, X. Y., Shi, Q. L., Wang, S. M., & Yang, H. Y., "A Blind Robust Digital Watermarking Using Invariant Exponent Moments," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 416-426, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2016.01.002
- Lin, Y., & Abdulla, W. H., Audio Watermark. Springer Science & Business Media, 2015.
- Li, J., & Wu, T., "Robust audio watermarking scheme via QIM of correlation coefficients using LWT and QR decomposition," IEEE. In Informa-tive and Cybernetics for Computational Social Systems (ICCSS), 2015 International Conference on, pp. 1-6, August 2015.
- Debnath, L. (Ed.), Wavelets and signal processing. Springer Science & Business Media, 2012.
- Lei, B. Y., Soon, Y., & Li, Z., "Blind and robust audio watermarking scheme based on SVD-DCT," Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 8, pp. 1973-1984, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2011.03.001
- Li, W., Xue, X., & Lu, P., "Localized audio watermarking technique robust against time-scale modification," Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 60-69, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2005.861291
- Zhongda, T., Shujiang, L., Yanhong, W., & Yi, S., A prediction method based on wavelet transform and multiple models fusion for chaotic time series. Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 98, pp. 158-172, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2017.03.018