- Volume 13 Issue 1
This work presents an approach for modeling of electric vehicle considering the vehicle dynamics, drive train, rotational wheel and load dynamics. The system is composed of IPMSM (Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) coupled with the wheels through a drive train. Generally, IPMSM is controlled by ordinary PID controllers. Performance of the ordinary PID controller is not satisfactory owing to the difficulties of optimal gain selections. To overcome this problem, a new type of fuzzy logic gain tuner for PID controllers of IPMSM is required. Therefore, in this paper fuzzy logic based gain tuning method for PID controller is proposed and compared with some previous control techniques for the better performance of electric vehicle with an optimal balance of acceleration, speed, travelling range, improved controller quality and response. The model was developed in MATLAB/Simulink, simulations were carried out and results were observed. The simulation results have proved that the proposed control system works well to remove the transient oscillations and assure better system response in all conditions.
Electric vehicle;Fuzzy logic;IPMSM;PID;Flux-weakening;Vector control
- Bambang Sri Kaloko, Soebagio, Mauridhi Hery Purnomo, Design and Development of Small Electric Vehicle using MATLAB/Simulink, international Journal of Computer Applications (0975 - 8887) Volume 24- No.6, June 2011.
- Dhameja, S., Electric Vehicle Battery Systems, Newnes, US. 2002.
- Cao, S.-G., Rees, N. & Feng, G. . Analysis and design of fuzzy control systems using dynamic fuzzystate space models, Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on 7(2): 192-200. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.755400
- Chen, C.-L. & Chang, M.-H. . optimal design of fuzzy sliding-mode control: A comparative study, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 93(1): 37-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(96)00221-7
- Kovacic, Z. & Bogdan, S. . Fuzzy Controller Design: Theory and Applications, CRC Press.
- Yamakawa, T. . A fuzzy inference engine in nonlinear analog mode and its application to a fuzzy logic control, Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on 4(3): 496-522. https://doi.org/10.1109/72.217192
- Husain, I., 2003, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles Design Fundamentals, Pertama, CRC Press, Farhan A. Salem, Mechatronics design of small electric Vehicles; Research and education, International Journal of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering IJMME-IJENS Vol:13, No:01,2013.
- Poorani, S., Kumar, K.U., Renganarayanan S. (2003). Intelligent controller design for electric vehicle. Proc. 57th IEEE Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conf., pp. 2447-2450, Jeju, Korea, Apr. 2003.
- Khatun, P., Bingham, C.M., Schofield, N., Mellor, P.H. (2003). Application of fuzzy control algorithms for electric vehicle antilock braking/traction control systems. IEEE Trans. Vehicular Tech., Vol. 52 (5), 2003, pp. 1356-1364. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2003.815922
- Farhan A. Salem, Ahmad A. Mahfouz, Modeling and controller design for electric motor, using different control strategies and verification using MATLAB/ Simulink I.J. Intelligent Systems and Applications, submitted and accepted to I.J. Intelligent Systems and Applications, 2013.
- wry, J.(2003). Electric Vehicle Technology Explained. pp. 183-195, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., ISBN 0-470-85163-5, UK
- Profumo, F., Madlena, M., Griva. G. (1996). State variables controller design for vibrations suppression in electric vehicles. Proc. 27th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp. 1940-1947, 1996.
- Liu, Q., Zhong, Y., Zhou Z. (2004). Research of drive control system in electric vehicle based on DSP. Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Signal Processing, pp. 539- 542, Beijing, China, Aug. 2004.
- Koutsogiannis, Z., Adamidis, G. & Fyntanakis, A. . Direct torque control using space vector modulation and dynamic performance of the drive, via a fuzzy logic controller for speed regulation, Power Electronics and Applications, 2007 European Conference on pp. 1-10.
- Krause, P. C., Wasynczuk, O. & Sudhoff, S. D. . Analysis of Electric Machinery and Drive Systems, IEEE Press.