- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Seismic damage assessment of steel reinforced recycled concrete column-steel beam composite frame joints
- Dong, Jing (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Ma, Hui (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Zhang, Nina (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Liu, Yunhe (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Mao, Zhaowei (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology)
- Received : 2017.06.23
- Accepted : 2018.01.28
- Published : 2018.01.25
Low cyclic loading tests are conducted on the steel reinforced recycled concrete (SRRC) column-steel (S) beam composite frame joints. This research aims to evaluate the earthquake damage performance of composite frame joints by performing cyclic loading tests on eight specimens. The experimental failure process and failure modes, load-displacement hysteresis curves, characteristic loads and displacements, and ductility of the composite frame joints are presented and analyzed, which shows that the composite frame joints demonstrate good seismic performance. On the basis of this finding, seismic damage performance is examined by using the maximum displacement, energy absorbed in the hysteresis loops and Park-Ang model. However, the result of this analysis is inconsistent with the test failure process. Therefore, this paper proposes a modified Park-Ang seismic damage model that is based on maximum deformation and cumulative energy dissipation, and corrected by combination coefficient
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Banon, H. and Veneziano, D. (1982), "Seismic safety of reinforced concrete members and structures", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 10, 179-93. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290100202
- Carneiro, J.A., Lima, P.R.L. and Leite, M.B. (2014), "Compressive stress-strain behavior of steel fiber reinforced-recycled aggregate concrete", Cement Concrete Compos., 46(2), 886-893.
- Choi, W.C. and Yun, H.D. (2012), "Compressive behavior of reinforced concrete columns with recycled aggregate under uniaxial loading", Eng. Struct., 41(8), 285-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.03.037
- Desprez, C., Mazars, J., Kotronis, P. and Paultre, P. (2013), "Damage model for FRP-confined concrete columns under cyclic loading", Eng. Struct., 48(3), 519-531. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.09.019
- Gao, X.W. and Bao, A.B. (1985), "Probability model of seismic action and its statistical parameters", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 5(1), 13-22.
- GB 50023 (2009), Standard for Seismic Appraisal of Buildings, State Standard of the People's Republic of China, Beijing, China.
- GB 50223 (2008), Standard for Classification of Seismic Protection of Building Constructions, State Standard of the People's Republic of China, Beijing, China.
- Gosain, N.K., Brown, R.H. and Jirsa, J.O. (1977), "Shear requirements for load reversal on reinforced concrete members", Earthq. Eng., 103(7), 1461-76.
- Kappos, A.J. (1997), "Seismic damage indices for RC buildings: evaluation of concepts and procedures", Prog. Struct. Eng. Mater., 1(1), 78-87. https://doi.org/10.1002/pse.2260010113
- Kostinakis, K. and Morfidis, K. (2017), "The impact of successive earthquakes on the seismic damage of multistorey 3D R/C buildings", Earthq. Struct., 12(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2017.12.1.001
- Kou, S.C., Poon, C.S. and Wan, H.W. (2012), "Properties of concrete prepared with low-grade recycled aggregates", Constr. Build. Mater., 36(11), 881-889. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.06.060
- Kumar, R. (2017), "Influence of recycled coarse aggregate derived from construction and demolition waste (CDW) on abrasion resistance of pavement concrete", Constr. Build. Mater., 142(7), 248-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.03.077
- Leiva, C., Guzman, J.S. and Marrero, M. (2013), "Recycled blocks with improved sound and fire insulation containing construction and demolition waste", Waste Manage, 33(3), 663-671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2012.06.011
- Liu, Y., Guo, Z.X. and Huang, Q.X. (2010), "Experimental study of damage model for SRC columns", J. Wuhan Univ. Technol., 32(9), 203-207.
- Ma, H., Xue, J.Y. and Zhang, X.C. (2013), "Seismic performance of steel-reinforced recycled concrete columns under low cyclic load", Constr. Build. Mater., 48(11), 229-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.06.019
- Manzi, S., Mazzotti, C. and Bignozzi, M.C. (2013), "Short and long-term behavior of structural concrete with recycled concrete aggregate", Cement Concrete Compos., 37(3), 312-318. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2013.01.003
- Mas, B., Cladera, A., Olmo, T.D. and Pitarch, F. (2012), "Influence of the amount of mixed recycled aggregates on the properties of concrete for non-structural use", Constr. Build. Mater., 27(1), 612-622. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.06.073
- Matar, P. and Dalati, R.E. (2011), "Strength of masonry blocks made with recycled concrete aggregates", Phys. Procedia, 21, 180-186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phpro.2011.10.027
- Meyer, I.F., Wratzig, W.B. and Stangenberg, F. (1988), "Damage prediction in reinforced concrete frames under seismic action", Eur. Earthq. Eng., 2(3), 9-15.
- Park, Y.J. and Ang, H.S. (1985), "Mechanistic seismic damage model for reinforced concrete", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 111(4), 722-739. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1985)111:4(722)
- Promis, G. and Ferrier, E. (2012), "Performance indices to assess the efficiency of external FRP retrofitting of reinforced concrete short columns for seismic strengthening", Constr. Build. Mater., 26(1), 32-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.04.067
- Promis, G., Ferrier, E. and Hamelin, P. (2009), "Effect of external FRP retrofitting on reinforced concrete short columns for seismic strengthening", Compos. Struct., 88(3), 367-379. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2008.04.019
- Radonjanin, V., Malesev, M. and Marinkovic, S. (2013), "Green recycled aggregate concrete", Constr. Build. Mater., 47(10), 1503-1511. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.06.076
- Silva, R.V., Brito, J.D. and Evangelista, L. (2016), "Design of reinforced recycled aggregate concrete elements in conformity with Eurocode 2", Constr. Build. Mater., 105(2), 144-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.12.080
- Song, L.L. and Guo, T. (2017), "Probabilistic seismic performance assessment of self-centering prestressed concrete frames with web friction devices", Earthq. Struct., 12(1), 109-118. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2017.12.1.109
- Stephens, J.E. and Yao, J.T.P. (1987), "Damage assessment using response measurements", Struct. Eng., 113(4), 787-801. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1987)113:4(787)
- Thomas, C., Setien, J. and Polanco, J.A. (2013), "Durability of recycled aggregate concrete", Constr. Build. Mater., 40(3), 1054-1065. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.11.106
- Wagih, A.M., El-Karmoty, H.Z. and Ebid, M. (2013), "Recycled construction and demolition concrete waste as aggregate for structural concrete", HBRC J., 9(3), 193-200. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hbrcj.2013.08.007
- Xiao, J.Z., Li, W.G., Fan, Y.H. and Huang, X. (2012), "An overview of study on recycled aggregate concrete in China (1996-2011)", Constr. Build. Mater., 31(6), 364-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.12.074
- Xue, J.Y., Bao, Y.Z. and Ren, R. (2014), "Experimental study on seismic behavior of steel reinforced concrete frame joints under low cyclic reversed loading", J. Civil Eng., 47(10), 1-8.
- Yue, J.G., Qian, J. and Beskos, D.E. (2016), "A generalized multilevel seismic damage model for RC framed structures", Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., 80(1), 25-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2015.10.005