- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of behavior of updated three-dimensional panel under lateral load in both independent and dependent modes
- Rezaifar, Omid (Department of Civil Engineering, Semnan University) ;
- Nik, Hamun Adeli (Faculty of Civil Engineering, Semnan University) ;
- Ghohaki, Majid (Department of Civil Engineering, Semnan University)
- Received : 2016.05.25
- Accepted : 2018.01.16
- Published : 2018.01.25
Three-dimensional panels are one of the modern construction systems which can be placed in the category of industrial buildings. There have always been a lot of studies and efforts to identify the behavior of these panels and improve their capacity due to their earthquake resistance and high speed of performance. This study will provide a comparative evaluation of behavior of updated three-dimensional panel's structural components under lateral load in both independent and dependent modes. In fact, this study tries to simultaneously evaluate strengthening effect of three-dimensional panels and the effects of system state (independent, L-shaped and BOX shaped Walls) with reinforcement armatures with different angles on the three-dimensional panels. Overall, six independent wall model, L-shaped, roofed L-shaped, BOX-shaped walls with symmetric loading, BOX -shaped wall with asymmetrical loading and roofed BOX-shaped wall were built. Then the models are strengthened without strengthened reinforcement and with strengthened reinforcements with an angle of 30, 45 and 60 degrees. The applied lateral loading, is exerted by changing the location on the end wall. In BOX-shaped wall, in symmetric and asymmetric loading, the load bearing capacity will be increased about 200 and 50% respectively. Now, if strengthened, the load bearing capacity in symmetric and asymmetric loading will be increased 3.5 and 2 times respectively. The effective angle of placement of strengthened reinforcement in the independent wall is 45 and 60 degrees. But in BOX-shaped and L-shaped walls, the use of strengthened reinforcement 45 degrees is recommended.
- Bassotti, O. and Ricci, M. (2002), "Caratteristiche di pannelli sandwich in cls. alleggerito e loro applicazioni costruttive", Atti XIV Convegno CTE, Mantova, 579-587.
- Benayoune, A., Samad, A.A., Ali, A.A. and Trikha, D.N. (2007), "Response of pre-cast reinforced composite sandwich panels to axial loading", Constr. Build. Mater., 21(3), 677-685. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2005.12.011
- Benayoune, A., Samad, A.A., Trikha, D.N., Ali, A.A. and Ellinna, S.H.M. (2008), "Flexural behaviour of pre-cast concrete sandwich composite panel-experimental and theoretical investigations", Constr. Build. Mater., 22(4), 580-592. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2006.11.023
- Benayoune, A., Samad, A.A.A., Trikha, D.N., Ali, A.A.A. and Ashrabov, A.A. (2006), "Structural behaviour of eccentrically loaded precast sandwich panels", Constr. Build. Mater., 20(9), 713-724. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2005.02.002
- Buildings Design Code Resistant to Earthquake (2012), Standard No. 2800, Iissue 4, July, Iran. (in Persian)
- Ceccoli, C., Mazzotti, C., Savoia, M., Dallavalle, G., Perazzini, G. and Tomassoni, F. (2002), "Indagine sperimentale su una tipologia di pannelli alleggeriti in ca gettati in opera", Proceeding of Congress CTE, Mantova, 7-9.
- Einea, A., Salmon, D.C., Tadros, M.K. and Culp, T. (1994), "A new structurally and thermally efficient precast sandwich panel system", PCI J., 39(4), 90-101.
- Fard, K.M. (2015), "Higher order static analysis of truncated conical sandwich panels with flexible cores", Steel Compos. Struct., 19(6), 1333-1354. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.19.6.1333
- Foster, S.J. and Rogowsky, D.M. (1997), "Splitting of reinforced concrete panels under concentrated loads", Struct. Eng. Mech., 5(6), 803-815. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.19220.127.116.113
- Gara, F., Ragni, L., Roia, D. and Dezi, L. (2012), "Experimental tests and numerical modelling of wall sandwich panels", Eng. Struct., 37, 193-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.12.027
- Giacchetti, R. and Menditto, G. (1984), "Indagini sperimentali su pannelli sandwiches realizzati con la tecnica dello spritzbeton", Atti V Convegno CTE, Firenze.
- Kabir, M.Z. (2005), "Structural performance of 3-D sandwich panels under shear and flexural loading", Scientia Iranica, 12(4), 402-408.
- Kabir, M.Z. and Hasheminasab, M. (2002), "Mechanical properties of 3D wall panels under shear and flexural loading", CSCE Conference, 5-8.
- Kabir, M.Z. and Vasheghani-Farahani, R. (2009), "Experimental investigation of performance in L-shaped wall to wall corner connections of 3D Panels subjected to lateral cyclic loading", Struct. Eng. Mech., 33(5), 649-652. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2009.33.5.649
- Kabir, M.Z., Jahanpour, A.R. and Rahbar, M.R. (2004), "An estimation of ductility and the behavior factor of 3D sandwich shotcreted panels subjected to monotonic shear loads", High Performance Structures and Materials II, 76-85.
- Kabir, M.Z., Rezaifar, O. and Rahbar, M.R. (2007), "Upgrading flexural performance of prefabricated sandwich panels under vertical loading", Struct. Eng. Mech., 26(3), 277-295. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2007.26.3.277
- Numayr, K. and Haddad, R. (2009), "Static and dynamic analytical and experimental analysis of 3D reinforced concrete panels", Struct. Eng. Mech., 32(3), 399-406. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2009.32.3.399
- Pekelnicky, R. and Poland, C. (2012), "Seismic evaluation and retrofit of existing buildings", SESOC Convention.
- Rezaifar, O., Kabir, M.Z., Taribakhsh, M. and Tehranian, A. (2008), "Dynamic behaviour of 3D-panel single-storey system using shaking table testing", Eng. Struct., 30(2), 318-337. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.03.019
- Salmon, D.C., Einea, A., Tadros, M.K. and Culp, T.D. (1997), "Full scale testing of precast concrete sandwich panels", ACI Struct. J., 94, 239-247.
- Seeber, K.I.M.E., Andrews Jr, R.A.Y., Jacques, F.J., Baty, J.R., Kourajian, P., Campbell, P.S., ... and Paton, W. (1997), "State of the art of precast/prestressed sandwich wall panels", PCI J., 42(2), 92-133.
- Sline, G. and Bush, T. (1994), "Flexural behavior of composite precast sandwich panels with continuous truss connectors", PCI J., 39(2), 112-121. https://doi.org/10.15554/pcij.03011994.112.121
- Strategic Supervision Department of Military Affairs (2012), Three-Dimensional Prefabricated Panel System, the First Revision, Publication No. 385. (in Persian)