- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Optimization of tunnel support patterns using DEA
차분진화 알고리즘을 적용한 터널 지보패턴 최적화
- Kang, Kyung-Nam (Dept. of Civil Engineering, INHA University) ;
- An, Joon-Sang (Construction IT Laboratory, BasisSoft, Inc) ;
- Kim, Byung-Chan (Construction IT Laboratory, BasisSoft, Inc) ;
- Song, Ki-Il (Dept. of Civil Engineering, INHA University)
- Received : 2017.12.19
- Accepted : 2018.01.08
- Published : 2018.01.31
It is important to design tunnel support system considering the various loads acting on the tunnel because they have a direct impact on the stability of tunnels. In Korea, standardized support patterns are defined based on the rock mass classification system depending on the project, and it is stated that it should be modified appropriately considering the behavior of tunnel during construction. In this study, the tunnel support pattern optimization method is suggested based on the convergence-confinement method, earth pressure, axial force of rock bolt, and moment acting on the shotcrete. The length and spacing of the rock bolts and the thickness of the shotcrete were optimized by using the differential evolution algorithm (DEA) and the results were compared to the standard support pattern III for railway tunnel. Rock bolt length can be reduced and the installation interval can be widened for shallow tunnel. As the depth of tunnel increases, the thickness of shotcrete increases linearly. Therefore, the thickness of shotcrete should be thicker than the standard support pattern as the depth of tunnel increases to secure the stability of tunnel.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Bieniawski, Z. T.(1973), "Engineering classification of jointed rock masses", Civil Engineer in South Africa, Vol. 15, No. 12, pp. 343-353.
- Carbonell, A., Fernando, G.V., Víctor, Y. (2011), "Design of reinforced concrete road vaults by heuristic optimization", Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 151-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2011.01.002
- Carranza-Torres, C., Fairhurst, C. (2000), "Application of the convergence-confinement method of tunnel design to rock masses that satisfy the Hoek-Brown failure criterion", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 187-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0886-7798(00)00046-8
- Hong, C.W., Jeon, S.W. (2005), "Optimal estimation of rock mass properties using genetic algorithm", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 129-136.
- Kim, B.C., Moon, H.K. (2016), "A study on the optimization technique for the plan of slope reinforcement arrangement of soil-nailing in tunnel portal area", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 569-579. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.6.569
- KR (2012), "Tunnel support, KR C-12030", KR (Korea Rail Network Authority). (in Korean)
- MOLIT (2015), "Tunnel standard specification", MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs). (in Korean)
- Park, C.S., Kang, M.H. (2010), "A study on the numerical analysis of a NATM tunnel with consideration of construction procedure and field measurement", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 28-38.
- Ryu, D.H., Kim, S.C., Lee, C.J., Park, J.Y., Lim, J.G., Moon, J.W. (2012), "A study on the application based on the equations of loosening loads for the optimized design of concrete lining", Korean Society for Railway, pp.7-18.
- Storn, R., Price, K. (1997), "Differential evolution-a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces", Journal of Global Optimization, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 341-359. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008202821328
- Unal, E. (1986), "Empirical approach to calculate rock loads in coal mine roadways", Proceedings of the 5th Annual Conference on Ground Control in Mining, WV University, pp. 234-241.
- Yin, L., Yang, W. (2000), "Topology optimization for tunnel support in layered geological structures", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 47, No. 12, pp. 1983-1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(20000430)47:12<1983::AID-NME863>3.0.CO;2-N