- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on the reduction of concrete lining re-bar according to the tunnel design factors
터널 설계인자 평가에 따른 콘크리트 라이닝 철근량 절감에 관한 연구
- Kang, Si-On (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Lim, Young-Duck (Daehan Consultants Co., Ltd.) ;
- Shin, Jeong-Ho (Jungmin Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Sang-Hwan (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.01.09
- Published : 2018.01.31
This paper presents a study on the reduction of concrete lining re-bar according to the tunnel design factors. The design of the concrete lining increases the reinforcing re-bar according to the application of excessive load, and the economical efficiency is reduced. In order to improve the economical efficiency of tunnel construction, rational standards are required for the design factors of concrete lining. Therefore, this research analyzed the characteristics and problems of the design factors applied to the design of concrete lining. Also, the economical review of the concrete lining for design factor application was compared with the amount of reinforcing re-bar calculated from the section design using numerical analysis. The results show that the amount of re-bar is varied according to the design factors. That is, the required amount for re-bar in the tunnel concrete lining could be reduced in the design stage. The results of this study may be useful for economic design of concrete lining in the future.
Grant : 도심지 소단면(
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Barton, N., Lien, R., Lunde, J. (1974), "Engineering classification of rock masses for the design of tunnel support", Rock Mechanics, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 189-236. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01239496
- Bierbaumer, A. (1913), "Die dimensionnierung des tunnelmanerwerks." pp. 101.
- Chang, S.B., Lee, S.Y., Suh, Y.H., Yun, K.H., Park, Y.J., Kim, S.M. (2010) "A study on field change case of tunnel concrete lining designs using GLI (Ground Lining Interaction) Model", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 58-64.
- Chun, B.S., Sin, S.W. (2000), "A case study on the design loads of tunnel concrete lining", Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 2, pp. 5-8.
- Chun, B.S., Sin, S.W. (2001), "A study on the design loads of NATM tunnel concrete lining", Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics Tunnel & Underground, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 96-108.
- Duddeck, H., Erdmann, J. (1982), "Structural design models for tunnels", Proceedings of the Tunnelling 82, Brighton, pp. 83-91.
- Kim, H.K., Lee, C., Lee, S.W., Park, J.W. (2015), "Study on the optimal construction of a concrete lining in a weathered rock", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 33-47. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.1.033
- Kim, J.J., Lee, J.K., Kim, J.U., Yoo, H.K. (2013), "Evaluation of rock load based on critical shear strain concept on tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 637-652. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.6.637
- Kim, S.H., Park, I.J., Moon, H.K., Shin, Y.S. (2010), "A study on behavioral characteristics of concrete lining based on the equations of relaxed rock loads", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 443-450.
- Korea Concrete Institute (2012), Concrete Structure Standard, Kimoondang, Seoul, pp.57-268.
- Park, K.H., Shin, Y.W., Kim, J.J., Yoo, H.K. (2013), "A study on the estimation method of rock load applied to concrete lining using back analysis", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 33, No. 5 pp. 1957-1968. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.5.1957
- Rose, D. (1982), "Revising Terzaghi's tunnel rock load coefficient", Proceedings of the 23rd U.S Symposium on Rock Mechanics (USRMS), California, pp. 953-960.
- Seo, S.H., Chang, S.B., Lee, S.D. (2002), "An analysis model of the secondary tunnel lining considering ground-primary support-secondary lining interaction", Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 107-114.
- Terzaghi, K. (1946), Rock Defects and Loads on Tunnel Supports, Massachusetts, Harvard University, pp. 17-99.
- Unal, E. (1983), Development of design guidelines and roof-control standards for coal-mine roofs, Ph.D. Thesis, The Pennsylvania State University.