- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on the development and performance evaluation of duct coupling for the minimized leakage of temporary ventilation duct
공사 중 환기덕트 누풍 최소화를 위한 접속부 개발 및 성능평가 연구
- Jo, Hyeong-Je (Bumchang Co., ltd.) ;
- Jun, Kyu-Myung (Bumchang Co., ltd.) ;
- Min, Dea-Kee (Bumchang Co., ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Won (Bumchang Co., ltd.) ;
- Beak, Jong-Hoon (Bumchang Co., ltd.)
- Received : 2017.12.07
- Accepted : 2018.01.05
- Published : 2018.01.31
Long subsea tunnel is subject to many restrictions in terms of spatial limitation when vertical or inclined shafts are built for tunnel ventilation. So, the construction of some artificial island is required to provide ventilation. But, because of construction difficulty and cost increase, it is necessary to minimize the artificial island construction. As a result, ventilation distance become longer and supply airflow becomes excessive due to air leakage, So, duct mounting for temporary ventilation is impossible or fan pressure and power increase exponentially. Therefore, in order to build a long subsea tunnel, it is necessary to overcome these practical problems and to develop technical solution that can keep the comfortable condition of tunnel environment during construction. In previous study, we have found that air leakage is the key factor in solving these problems and experimental results show that the new connection method has a leakage rate of about
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술 자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Anisdahl, L.M., Johansson, B., Thoen, K. (2008), "Study on the performance of ventiflex ducting and couplings", 12th U.S/North American Mine Ventilation Symposium, pp. 609-613.
- ISETH (1978), "Ventilation in underground construction", Institute for Road, Railroad and Rock Construction at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, No. 39, pp. 1-74.
- ITA Working Group No. 5 (2011), "Guidance on the safe use of temporary ventilation ducting in tunnels ITA WG5 - Health & Safety in Works", ITA Report No. 008, International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, pp. 1-9.
- JCOSHA (2012), "Ventilation technical guideline of tunnel construction", Japan Construction Occupational Safety and Health Association, pp.156-168.
- Jo, H.J., Chun, K.M., Kim, J.W., Lee, J.K. (2015), "A study on the characteristics for temporary ventilation of long subsea tunnels - focused on the current situation and improvement requirements", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 153-166. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.2.153
- Jo, H.J., Min, D.K., Kim, J.W., Lee, J.K., Beak, J.H. (2017), "A study on the air leakage performance improvement of duct coupling for temporary ventilation of long subsea tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 319-333. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.2.319
- Khanna, R. K. (2008), "Ventilation of long tunnels", World Tunnel Congress, pp. 1898-1910.
- KRNA (2012), "KR C-12130", Korea Rail Network Authority, pp.19-32.
- MLTM (2011), "Road design manual part6 tunnel, 621 construction phase equipments", Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Gwacheon, pp. 621.1-8.
- Ruben, D., Thorsten, T. (2015), "Designing TBMs for subsea tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 587-596. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.6.587
- SAREK (2011), "Air-conditioning and refrigerating engineering manual, 3rd edition, part2", The Society of Air-conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, pp. 5.2-16.
- Shin, Y.K. (1980), "A study on the friction coefficient for domestic vinyl air duct and leakage ratio of duct connectors", Master Thesis, Graduate School of Inha University, Incheon, pp. 1-18.
- Shortridge Instruments, Inc. (2009), "Airdata multimeter ADM-880C electronic micromanometer operating instructions", pp. 1-68.
- SIA (1998), "SIA 196 - Ventilation in underground", Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects.
- Tanizawa. Co., Ltd. (2007), "Duct for long distance tunnels - Guidance of NLF duct", pp. 1-2.