- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An evaluation of influence factors based on the limit state design-AASHTO LRFD for structural analysis of shield tunnel segment lining
한계상태설계법-AASHTO LRFD를 적용한 쉴드터널 세그먼트 라이닝의 구조해석 영향인자 평가
- Kim, Yang-Woon (Dept. of Geotechnical Engr., Pyunghwa Engineering Consultants Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Hong-Moon (Dept. of Geotechnical Engr., Pyunghwa Engineering Consultants Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Su (Dept. of Geotechnical Engr., Pyunghwa Engineering Consultants Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Seong-Won (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2017.12.01
- Accepted : 2017.12.26
- Published : 2018.01.31
Recently, the limit state design method in the design of the structure is in global trend, but it is limited to a few structures in Korea. Since the introduction of the limit state design method has recently been attempted for tunnels, which are the main underground structures, it is surely necessary to understand the latest limit state design method. Therefore, based on the recently published AASHTO LRFD Road Tunnel Design and Construction Guide Specification (2017), structural load factors and load combinations were reviewed, and various factors which should be applied for the review of structures have been analyzed. In this study, utility tunnel section and subway tunnel sections used in Korea were analyzed by the limit state design method, and we have analyzed the direction of application of limit state design method through studying the tendency of member force by various influential factors such as ground conditions, load modifier and joint stiffness.
Grant : 도심지 소단면(
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- American Association of state Highway and transportation Officials (2017), "AASHTO LRFD road tunnel design and construction guide specification (1th Edition)".
- Choi, W.Y., Park, J.D., Lee, S.W. (2014), "Influence of the joint stiffness on the segment design", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 63-74. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.1.063
- Japan Railway Technical Research Institute (2003), "Design Standard for Railway Structures (Shield tunnel)", pp. 91-95.
- Kim, H.M., Kim, D.K., Lee, S.D. (2014), "Limit states design for tunnels: related researches and present state of application", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 341-346. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.3.341
- Kim, H.M., Kim, H.S., Shim, K.M., Ahn, S.Y. (2017), "A Study on the factors influencing the segment lining design solved by beam-spring model in the shield tunnel", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 179-194. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.2.179
- Muir Wood, A.M., Ma, F. (1975), "The circular tunnel in elastic ground", Geotechnique, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 115-127. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19188.8.131.52
- U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration (2009), "Technical manual for design and construction of road tunnels-civil elements".