- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Investigation of soil behaviour due to excavation below the grouped pile according to shape of tunnel station
터널 정거장 형상에 따른 군말뚝 하부 굴착 시 지반거동 연구
- Kong, Suk-Min (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Oh, Dong-Wook (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Lee, Jong-Hyen (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Lee, Yong-Joo (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- 공석민 (서울과학기술대학교 건설시스템공학과) ;
- 오동욱 (서울과학기술대학교 건설시스템공학과) ;
- 이종현 (서울과학기술대학교 건설시스템공학과) ;
- 이용주 (서울과학기술대학교 건설시스템공학과)
- Received : 2017.12.01
- Accepted : 2018.01.05
- Published : 2018.01.31
Tunnels are widely used for special purposes including roads, railways and culvert for power transmission, etc. Its cross-section shape is determined by uses, ground condition, environmental or economic factor. Many papers with respect to behaviours of adjacent ground and existing structure tunnelling-induced have been published by many researchers, but tunnel cross-section have rarely been considered. A collapse of tunnel causes vaster human and property damage than structures on the ground. Thus, it is very important to understand and analyse the relationship between behavoiurs of ground and cross-section type of tunnel. In this study, the behaviour of ground due to tunnel excavation for underground station below the grouped pile supported existing structure was analysed through laboratory model test using a trap-door device. Not only two cross-section types, 2-arch and box, as station for tunnel, but also, offset between tunnel and grouped pile centre (0.1B, 0.25B, 0.4B) are considered as variable of this study. In order to measure underground deformation tunnelling-induced, Close Range Photogrammetry technique was applied with laboratory model test, and results are compared to numerical analysis.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Das, B.M. (2009), Principles of geotechnical engineering, 7th Edition, Cengage learning, San Francisco, pp. 302-303.
- Han, Y.C., Kim, S.H., Jung, S.S. (2014), "Ground behavior around tunnel using tunnel-shaped trapdoor model test", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 65-80. https://doi.org/10.7843/KGS.2014.30.4.65
- Jeon, Y.J., Kim, S.H., Lee, C.J. (2015), "A study on the effect of tunnelling to adjacent single piles and pile groups considering the transverse distance of pile tips from the tunnel", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 637-652. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.6.637
- Jeon, Y.J., Kim, S.H., Kim, J.S., Lee, C.J. (2017), "A study on the effects of ground reinforcement on the behaviour of pre-existing piles affected by adjacent tunnelling", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 389-407. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.3.389
- John, A. (2007), The mechanics of soils and foundations, 2nd Edition, Taylor & Francis, London, pp. 404-406.
- Kong, S.M., Jung, H.S., Lee, Y.J (2017), "Investigation of ground behaviour adjacent to an embedded pile according to various tunnel volume losses", International Journal of Geo-Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40703-016-0038-3
- Kong, S.M., Oh, D.W., Ahn, H.Y., Lee, H.G., Lee, Y.J. (2016), "Investigation of ground behaviour between plane-strain grouped pile and 2-arch tunnel station excavation", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 535-544. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.6.535
- Kim, J.D., Park, Y.J. (2013), Tunnel design and construction-basic for expert, 1st Edition, CIR, Seoul, pp. 19-21.
- Lambe, T.W., Whitman, R.V. (1979), Soil Mechanics, SI Version, John Wiley & Son, Massachusetts, pp. 31.
- Lee, C.J., Jeon, Y.J. (2015), "A study on the effect of the locations of pile tips on the behaviour of piles to adjacent tunnelling", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 91-105. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.2.091
- Lee, Y.-J., Bassett, R.H. (2006), "Application of a photogrammetric technique to a model tunnel", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 79-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.06.005
- Oh, D.W., Lee, Y.J. (2017), "Analysis of pile load distribution and ground behaviour depending on vertical offset between pile tip and tunnel crown in sand through laboratory model test", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 355-373. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.3.355
- Plaxis (2016), Reference manual, pp. 1-307.
- Terzaghi, K. (1936), "Stress distribution in dry and in saturated sand above a yielding trap-door", Proceedings of International Conference of Soil Mechanics, Harvard University, Cambridge (USA), Vol. 1, pp. 307-311.
- Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (2009), "Tunnel and underground space in Korea", CIR, Seoul, pp. 25-92.