- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A preliminary numerical analysis study on the seismic stability of a building and underground structure by using SSI
SSI를 이용한 건물과 인접지하구조물의 내진 안정성에 대한 기초 수치해석 연구
- You, Kwang-Ho (School of Civil Environment Energy Engineering, University of Suwon) ;
- Kim, Young-Jin (School of Civil Environment Energy Engineering, University of Suwon)
- Received : 2017.11.23
- Accepted : 2017.12.26
- Published : 2018.01.31
Up to now, most of studies on seismic analysis have been limited to analyze buildings and underground structures individually so that the interaction between them could not be analyzed effectively. Thus, in this study, a dynamic analysis was conducted for soil-structure interaction with a complex underground facility composed of a building and an adjacent underground structure constructed on a surface soil and the bed rock ground conditions. Seismic stability was analyzed based on interstory drift ratio and bending stress of structure members. As a result, an underground structure has more effect on a high-rise building than a low-rise building. However the above structures were proved to be favorable for seismic stability. On the other hand, tensile bending stresses exceeded the allowable value at the underground part of the building and the adjacent underground structure so that it turned out that the underground part could be weaker than the above part. Therefore, it is inferred that above and underground structures should be analyzed simultaneously for better prediction of their interaction behavior during seismic analyses because there exist various structures around buildings in big cities.
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2009), Korea building code, pp. 85-90.
- Choi, S.H., Park, I.J., Kim, S.H. (2009), "Aseismic analysis for large underground structure", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.163-174.
- Itasca Consulting Group, Inc. (2005), Fast Lagrangian Analysis of Continua, Ver. 5.0, Itasca Consulting Group, Minnesota, USA.
- Jeong, U.C., Lee, J.H., Park, S.W., Kim, Y.G. (2016), "Evaluation of tunnel structures based on a upward seismic design", Magazine of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 20-33.
- Kim, T.S., Kim, D.S., Sa, G.M., Cho, K.H. (2013), "Analysis for vibration characteristics of low depth track system under various ground conditions of structure surrounding", The Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 2013, No. 11, pp. 936-942.
- Koo, H.J., Kim, H.J. (2015), "Natural period and damping ratio of RC buildings for serviceability design", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 37-44. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_SC.2015.31.2.37
- Largomarsino, S. (1993), "Forecast models for damping and vibration periods of buildings", Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 221-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(93)90138-E
- Lee, C.H. (2017), "Earthquake engineering analysis of ground accelerations measured in the 912 Gyeong-ju earthquake", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 65, No. 4, pp. 8-13.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2016), Concrete standard specification, pp. 126-133
- National Disaster Management Research Institute (2012), Development of the public buildings emergency integrity assessment technology using seismic acceleration response signal, pp. 100-107.
- Park, D.H., Shin, J.H., Yun, S.U. (2010), "Seismic analysis of tunnel in transverse direction Part 2: evaluation of seismic tunnel response via dynamic analysis", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 71-85.
- Park, I.J. (2007), "A Seismic design of underground structure in Korea", Magazine of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 96-108.
- Park, S.S., Moon, H.D., Park, S.H. (2015), "A study on dynamic analyses of cut and cover tunnel during earthquakes", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 237-250. https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2015.2.237
- You, K.H., Kim, Y.J. (2017), "A safety evaluation method of skyscraper and adjacent underground facility using ground response seismic coefficient method", KSCE 2017 Convention, pp. 35-36.
- Yoon, J.K. (2006), Development of site classification system and modification of design response spectra considering geotechnical site characteristics in Korea, Doctor's Dissertation, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, pp. 143-152.
- Yoon, S.W. (2002), "Damping ratios of reinforced concrete apartment for serviceability design of wind", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, Vol. 20, No. 8, pp. 27-34.
- Yoon, Y.S. (2016), Mechanics and design of reinforced concrete (fourth edition), CIR, Seoul, pp. 188-189.
- You, K.H., Park, Y.J., Hong, K.Y., Lee, H.K., Kim, J.K. (2005), "Numerical estimation for safety factors of tunnels considering the failure of supports", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 37-49.
- Youn, W.S., Lee, D.H., Cho, C.H., Kim, E.S., Lee, D.C., Kim, J.H. (2012), "Seismic performance evaluation of complex-shaped tall buildings by lateral resisting systems", Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 513-523. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.6.513