- Volume 60 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of SRI Water Management on the Reduction of Greenhouse-gas Emissions and Irrigation Water Supply in Paddy
논에서 SRI 물관리 방법에 의한 온실가스와 관개용수 저감효과 분석
- Seo, Jiyeon (National Institute of Environmental Research Watershed and Total Load Management Research Division) ;
- Park, Baekyung (National Institute of Environmental Research Watershed and Total Load Management Research Division) ;
- Park, Woonji (Kangwon National University Dept of Regional Infrastructure Engineering) ;
- Lee, Suin (National Institute of Environmental Research Watershed and Total Load Management Research Division) ;
- Choi, Yonghun (Department of Agricultural Engineering, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development) ;
- Shin, Minhwan (Kangwon National University Dept of Regional Infrastructure Engineering) ;
- Choi, Joongdae (Kangwon National University Dept of Regional Infrastructure Engineering)
- Received : 2017.10.30
- Accepted : 2017.12.04
- Published : 2018.01.31
Water management impacts both methane (
- Amir, K., S. Willem, and U. Norman, 2011. Review of SRI modifications in rice crop and water management and research issues for making further improvements in agricultural and water productivity, Paddy Water Environment 9, pp. 163-180. DOI 10.1007/s10333-011-0259-1. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10333-011-0259-1
- Bachelet, D. and H. U. Neue, 1993. Methane emissions from wetland rice areas of asia, Chemosphere 26: 219-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-6535(93)90423-3
Cai, Z., G. Xing, G. Shen, H. Xu, X. Yan, H. Tsuruta, K. Yagi, and K. Minami, 1999. Measurements of
$CH_4$and $N_2O$emissions from rice paddies in fengqiu, China. Soil Science. Plant Nutri. 45(1): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1080/00380768.1999.10409320
- Choi, J. D., W. J. Park, K. W. Park, and K. J. Lim, 2013. Feasibility of SRI methods for reduction of irrigation and NPS pollution in Korea, Paddy Water Environment, 11: 241-248. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10333-012-0311-9
- Minami, K., 1993. Methane from Rice prodution. Res. Rep. Div. Environment Planning. 9: 243-258.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 1995. Climate change, 1994 : Radiation forcing of climate change and an evaluation of the the IPCC IS92 emission secinario. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, england. New York. P. 399.
- Itoh, M., S. Sudo, and S. Mori, 2011. Mitigation of methane emission from paddy field by prolonging midseason drainage, Agric Ecosyst Environ 141(3-4): 359-372. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2011.03.019
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), 2001. Climate Change 2001 : The Scientific Basis. Cambridge University PRESS, Cambridge, UK.
- Kim, G. Y., S. B. Lee, J. S. Lee, E. J. Choi, J. H. Ryu, W. J. Park, and J. D. Choi, 2012. Mitigation of greenhouse gases by management of SRI (System of rice intensification) in rice paddy fields, Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 45(6): 1173-1178 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.6.1173
- Korean Meteorological Administration, 2014. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) AR5 the 5th Assessment Report Korean Meteorological Administration translation data. Korean Meteorological Administration. (in Korean).
- Kim, G. Y., S. I. Park, B. H. Song, Y. K. Shin, 2002. Emission characteristics of methane and nitrous oxide by management of water and nutrient in a rice paddy soil, Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture 21(2): 136-143 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2002.21.2.136
- Kim, G. Y., Title of article. Http://www.ecofuturenetwork.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxo-2898.Accessed01Dec.2010.
- Kim, C. S., J. Y. Ko, J. S. Lee, K. Y. Jung, S. T. Park, Y. C. Ku, and H. W. Kang, 2007. Use of drainage water as irrigation resource in the paddy field to mitigate non-point source pollutants. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture 26(2): 107-115 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2007.26.2.107
- Ko, J. Y., H. W. Kang, U. G. Kang, H. M. Park, D. K. Lim, and K. B. Park, 1998. The effects of nitrogen fertilizers and cultural patterns on methane emission from rice paddy field. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture 17(3): 227-233 (in Korean).
- Ko, J. Y. and H. W. Kang, 2000. The effects of cultural practices on methane emission from rice field. Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry 58: 311-314 (in Korean).
- Ko, J. Y., J. S. Lee, M. T. Kim, H. W. Kang, U. G. Kang, D. C. Lee, Y. G. Shin, K. Y. Kim, and K. B. Lee, 2002. Effects of cultural practices on methane emission in tillage and no-tillage practice from rice paddy fields. Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 35(4): 216-222 (in Korean).
Ko, J. Y., J. S. Lee, K. Y. Jung, C. Y. Dae, D. W. Lee, E. S. Yun, C. S. Kim, and S. T. Park, 2007. Effects of soil percolation rate by different drainage treatments on
$CH_4$and $N_2O$emission from paddy field. Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 40(3): 214-220 (in Korean).
- Khidhir, A. H., J. M. Abdul-Kadhim, and A. J. Flayeh, 2011. Irrigation water reduction using System of Rice Intensification compared with conventional cultivation methods in Iraq. Paddy Water Environment 9: 121-127. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10333-010-0243-1
- Lee, K. B., J. G. Kim, C. W. Park, Y. K. Shin, D. B. Lee, J. D. Kim, 2005. Effect of irrigation water depth on greenhouse gas emission in paddy field, Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 38(3): 150-156 (in Korean).
- Lehugera, S., B. Gabrielleb, P. Lavillec, M. Lambonid, B. Loubetd, and P. Cellierd, 2011. Predicting and mitigating the net greenhouse gas emissions of crop rotations in western Europe. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151: 1654-1671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2011.07.002
- Lu, WF., W. Chen, and BW. Duan, 2000. Methane emissions and mitigation options in irrigated rice fields in Southeast China. Nutr Cycl Agroecosyst 58(1): 65-73. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009830232650
- Lee, K. B., D. B. Lee, J. G. Kim, and Y. W. Kim, 1997. Effect of rice cultural patterns on methane emission from a Korean paddy soil. Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 38(3): 150-156 (in Korean).
- Li, X., X. Xu, and H. Li, 2005. Cornell University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, USA. http://sri.cals.cornell.edu/countries/china/cnciadeng.pdf (accessed Jan. 2016).
- Ministry of environment, 2015. Report explain data, Ministry of environment (in Korean).
- Matthews, E., I. Fung, and J. Lerner, 1991. Methane emission from rice cultivation : Geograhic and seasonal distribution of cultivated areas and emissions, Global Bioeochem. cycles 5: 3-24. https://doi.org/10.1029/90GB02311
- Norman, U., 2004. system of rice intensification responds to 21st century need. Rice Today 3(3): 42
- Ogawa, Y. and K. Minami, 1988. Effect of nitrogen enrichment in irrigation water on nitrogen balance in paddies, Paddy soil Fertilizer 497-509.
- Oh, Y. K., S. H. Yoo, S. H. Lee, N. Y. Park, J. Y. Choi, and D. K. Yun, 2012. Prediction of land-cover changes and analysis of paddy fields changes based on climate change scenario (A1B) in agricultural reservoir watershes, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(2): 77-86 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.2.077
Proyuth, L., S. J. Lars, B. B. Thilde, and D. N. Andreas, 2013. Methane (
$CH_4$) and nitrous oxide ( $N_2O$) emissions from the system of rice intensification (SRI) under a rain-fed lowland rice ecosystem in Cambodia, Nutr Cycl Agroecosyst 97: 13-27. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10705-013-9588-3
- Park, W. J., Y. H. Choi, M. H. Shin, C. H. Won, K. W. Park, and J. D. Choi, 2011. Evaluation on feasibility of system of rice intensification (SRI) for reduction of irrigation water in South Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 53(4): 1-9 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2011.53.4.001
- Rural Development Administration, 2008. The agricultural sector, climate change action proceeding situations Parliamentary special committee on climate change Buildup, Rural Development Administration (in Korean).
- Rural Development Administration, 2000. Rice labor saving culture, 11-1390000-00754-01, Rural Development Administration (in Korean).
- Smith, P., D. Martino, Z. Cai, D. Gwary, H. Janzen, P. Kumar, B. McCarl, S. Ogle, F. O'Mara, C. Rice, B. Scholes, and O. Sirotenko. 2007. Agriculture In Climate Change 2007: Mitigation Contribution of Working Group III to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, [B. Metz, O.R. Davidson, P.R. Bosch, R. Dave, L.A. Meyer (eds)]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.
- Shin, Y. K., 1996. Mitigation options for methane emission from rice fields in Korea. Ambio 25(4): 289-291.
- Shin, Y. K., Y. S. Lee, S. H. Yun, and M. E. Park, 1995. Simplified closed static chamber method for measuring methane flux in paddy soils, Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 28(2): 183-190 (in Korean).
- Shin, M. H., J. R. Jang, C. H. Won, D. H. Kum, Y. H. Jung, S. I. Lee, K. J. Lim, and J. D. Choi, 2014. Simulation of GHG Emission from Paddy Field using DNDC Model. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 56(2): 47-57 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2014.56.2.047
- Towprayoon, S., K. Smakgahn, and S. Poonkaew, 2005. Mitigation of methane and nitrous oxide emissions from drained irrigated rice fields. Chemosphere 59(11): 1547-1556. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2005.02.009
- Tsuruta, H., K. Yagi, K. Kanda, K. Hirose, 1995. Nitrous oxide emission from rice paddy fields. In : Program and abstract of international symposium on soil-source and sink of greenhouse gases, Nanjing, China, pp. 12.
- Yagi, K. and K. Minami, 1990. Estimation of gobal methane emission from paddy fields, res. Div. Environment Planing 6, 132-142.
- Yagi, K. 1997. Greenhouse gas emission and absorption. In : Konno T, Anzai T, Onikura Y et al. (eds) Methods of soil environment anaylsis, Hakuyusha, Tokoy, 129-138.
- Yoo, S. J., 2012. National greenhouse gas reduction targets and Policy Direction, The Korean Society of Environmental Agriculture Conference, 3-25 (in Korean).