- Volume 57 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The European Pepper Moth, Duponchelia fovealis Zeller (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) Discovered in Gyeonggi-do, Korea
한국에서 Duponchelia fovealis Zeller의 발견보고
- Lee, Young Su (Gyeonggi Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Park, Young Mi (Animal and Plant Quarantine and Inspection Agency) ;
- Lee, Gwan-Seok (National Institute of Agricultural Sciences) ;
- Lee, Hee A (Gyeonggi Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Min, Hee OK (Gyeonggi Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Hyun Ju (Gyeonggi Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- Received : 2018.01.31
- Accepted : 2018.02.23
- Published : 2018.03.01
The European pepper moth, Duponchelia fovealis Zeller (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) was discovered at Gyeonggi-do, Korea in 2015 and 2016. The moth has been known as a very harmful pest of ornamental plants worldwide. Larval damages to the Euphorbia milii stems and to the Schlumbergera truncata leaves were detected. After immediate spraying of insecticides, the moth was not found at the greenhouse any more.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation for Technology in Food, Agriculture and Forestry
- Efil, L., Efil, F., Atay, E., 2011. New pest Duponchelia fovealis Zeller (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) in peanut field. J. Appl. Biol. Sci. 5(3), 65-67.
- Huisman, K.J., Koster., J.C., 1995. Interesting microlepidoptera from the Netherlands (Lepidoptera) in the year 1992. Entomol. ber. 55(4), 53-67.
- Ingerson-Mahar J., 2014. European pepper moth. Plant & Pest Advisory. Rutgers Cooperative Extension. http://plant-pestadvisory.rutgers.edu/european-pepper-moth/ (17 December 2014).
- Zawakneak M.A.C., Vidal H.R., Santos B., 2015. Lagarta-dacoroa, Duponchelia fovealis Zeller, in: Vilela, E.F., Zucchi, R.A. (Eds), Pragas Introduzidas no Brasil, insetos e acaros. FEALQ, Piracicaba, pp. 280-298.