- Volume 57 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Fruit and Leaf Damage by Conogethes punctiferalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) and Acrocercops transecta (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae) in Walnut Orchards
호두나무 포장 내 복숭아명나방(나비목: 포충나방과)과 굴피가는나방(나비목: 가는나방과)에 의한 호두열매 및 잎 피해
- Jung, Jong-Kook (Division of Insect Pests and Disease, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Kwon, Hyeok Jun (Division of Insect Pests and Disease, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Kim, Hwang (Division of Insect Pests and Disease, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Sun (Division of Insect Pests and Disease, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Seo, Sang-Tae (Division of Insect Pests and Disease, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Koh, Sanghyun (Division of Insect Pests and Disease, National Institute of Forest Science)
- 정종국 (국립산림과학원 산림병해충연구과) ;
- 권혁준 (국립산림과학원 산림병해충연구과) ;
- 김황 (국립산림과학원 산림병해충연구과) ;
- 김현선 (국립산림과학원 산림병해충연구과) ;
- 서상태 (국립산림과학원 산림병해충연구과) ;
- 고상현 (국립산림과학원 산림병해충연구과)
- Received : 2017.11.24
- Accepted : 2018.01.30
- Published : 2018.03.01
Walnuts are one of the most economically important fruit trees in forestry. In walnut orchards, however, studies examining damage by insect pests are limited. This study was conducted to investigate the rate of damage caused by Conogethes punctiferalis to walnut fruits and by Acrocercops transecta to walnut leaves. In 2017, the change of damage rate (caused by C. punctiferalis) to fruits were investigated in Buyeo. In addition, we counted fruits and leaves damaged by two lepidopteran species in Gimcheon, Buyeo, Yeongdong, and Hwaseong. Damaged fruits steadily increased in abundance with fruit growth in Buyeo, and the highest number of damaged fruits was documented in late summer. The rates of damage caused by C. punctiferalis to fruits in Buyeo, Gimcheon, and Hwaseong were 22.1%, 20.5%, and 11.7%, respectively. Additionally, the rates of damage caused by A. transecta to leaves in seedlings (58.5% on average) were significantly higher than to those in older trees (11.2% on average), irrespective of the study location. In conclusion, this study showed that C. punctiferalis and A. transecta were serious pests affecting walnut fruits and leaves, respectively. Therefore, management methods for these insect pests need to be developed.
Insect pests;Yellow peach moth;Leaf-mining moth;Juglans
Grant : 2017년 조경 및 임산소득 수종 병해충의 발생특성 구명 및 방제법 개발
Supported by : 국립산림과학원
- Bolker, B.M., Brooks, M.E., Clark, C.J., Geange, S.W., Poulsen, J.R., Stevens, M.H.H., White, J.S.S., 2008. Generalized linear mixed models: a practical guide for ecology and evolution. Trends Ecol. Evol. 24, 127-135.
- Choi, K.S., Han, K.S., Jeon, M.J., Chung, Y.J., Kim, C.S., Shin, S.C., Park, J.D., Boo, K.S., 2004. Seasonal occurrence of the peach pyralid moth, Dichocrocis punctiferalis at chestnut orchards in some provinces of Korea. J. Korean For. Soc. 93, 134-139.
- Choi, K.S., Han, K.S., Park, I.K., Hong, J.I., Kim, C.S., Chung, Y.J., Shin, S.C., 2006. Difference of developmental time, survival rate and sex ratio of Dichocrocis punctiferalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) on three hosts. J. Korean For. Soc. 95, 174-176.
- Chung, S.B., 2005. Use of sprinkler system for control of peach pyralid moth, Dichocrocis punctiferalis on chestnut orchard. J. Korean For. Soc. 94, 277-280.
- Jung, J.K., Lee, H., Lee, S.K., Koh, S.H., 2017. Arthropod diversity in walnut orchards. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 56, 121-133.
- Jung, Y.H., You, E.J., Son, D., Kwon, J.H., Lee, D.W., Lee, S.M., Choo, H.Y., 2014. A survey on diseases and insect pests in sweet persimmon export complexes and fruit for export in Korea. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 53, 157-169.
- Kang, C.H., Lee, K.C., Park, C.G., Lee, D.W., 2002. Seasonal occurrence pattern of peach pyralid moth, Dichocrosis punctiferalis, in fuyu persimmon orchards and fruit damage at harvesting time. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 41, 107-112.
- Kang, C.H., Lee, S.M., Chung, Y.J., Choi, K.S., Park, C.G., 2004. Overwintering ecology of the peach pyralid moth, Dichocrosis punctiferalis in southern regions of Korea. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 43, 201-209.
- Kim, M.S., 2013. Taxonomic study and life cycle notes of Gracillarioidea (Insecta, Lepidoptera) in Korea. Master's thesis for Incheon National University.
- Kim, Y.J., Kim, H.K., Kim, G.H., 2014. Effects of light trap structure and lamp type on the attraction of chestnut pests in an orchard. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 53, 217-223.
- Lee, C.K., 2009. Study on chestnut insect pests by environmentally friendly controls in Korea. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48, 95-100.
- Lee, C.K., 2011. The changes of damage rate by peach pyralid moth, Dichocrocis punctiferalis (Lepideoptera: Pyralidae) in chestnut orchards from 1995 to 2010 year. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 50, 379-382.
- Luo, Z., Honda, H., 2015. Function of plant odors in oviposition behaviors of the yellow peach moth Conogethes punctiferalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae). Appl. Entomol. Zool. 50, 347-353.
- NIFoS, 2017. Information for forest insect pests and disease. http://www.forest.go.kr/newkfsweb/kfs/idx/SubMain.do?mn=KFS_02. Accessed at November 6, 2017.
- Ohshima, I., 2005. Techniques for continuous rearing and assessing host preference of a multivoltine leaf-mining moth, Acrocercops transecta (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae). Entomol. Sci. 8, 227-228.
- Park, K.T., Han, S.S., 1986. A systematic study on the Genus Caloptilia Hubner in Korea (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae). Korean J. Syst. Zool. 2, 25-36.
- R Core Team. 2016. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna. http://www.R-project.org/.
- Rural Development Administration. 2018. Pesticide information service. http://pis.rda.go.kr. Accessed at January 4, 2018.
- Son, J.K., Yun, J.E., Park, C.G., 2009. Insect pset problems of sweet persimmon in Korea. Acta Hortic. 833, 325-330.
- Statistical Year Book of Forestry, 2017. Statistical Year Book of Forestry (No. 47). Korea Forest Service. Publication registration number, 11-1400000-000001-10.
- Xu, J.S., Bai, H.Y., Dai, X.H., 2013. Study on biological characteristics of leaf miner Acrocercops transecta in Lyonia ovalifolia. Acta Agric. Jiangxi 25, 61-63.