- Volume 30 Issue 3
A Study on the Importance of Initial Experience of Mobile Game
모바일 게임의 초기 경험요인 중요도 연구
- Lee, Won Young (Graduate School of Techno Design, Kookmin University) ;
- Kim, Sung Woo (Graduate School of Techno Design, Kookmin University)
- Received : 2017.08.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.25
- Published : 2017.09.30
Mobile games' proportion in domestic game industry has been rising steadily every year and in next couple of years, it is likely to surpass online games. Considering that mobile games' lifespan is very short compared to online games, recognizing the user's needs at the beginning is important. However, there is a lack of research in such game field. This research is about mobile games' initial experience importance in temporal viewpoint. Furthermore, it has verified whether this depends on user's characteristic. I have conducted observation experiment on users of 'Lineage M', mobile MMORPG game, for one week starting from the game launch and deducted the importance of initial experience using AHP analysis. Moreover, by analyzing the differences in users' proficiency, the research provides understanding of diverse users. In conclusion, this research provides basic data for improving satisfaction of initial game users and extending them to long-term game use.
- KOCCA, White Paper on Korean Games, 2016.
- IGAWorks Blog, "2016 Google Play Game Category Annual Report by IGAW" http://blog.igaworks.com/2016googleplaygame/
- Yoon, Hyungsup, "A Study on the Evaluation Model of Fun in MMORPGs", Journal of Korea Humanities Contents Society, Vol. 22, pp.53-83, 2011.
- Barry Ip and Adams Ernest, "From Casual to Core: A Statistical Mechanism for Studying Gamer Dedication." http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131397/from_casual_to_core_a_statistical_.php?page=1
- Karapanos, E., Zimmerman, J., Forlizzi, J.and Martens, J. B., "User experience over time: An Initial Framework", CHI Conference, No. 2, pp.729-738, 2009.
- Cho Geun Tae, Cho Yong Gon, Kang Hyun Soo, The Analytic Hierarchy Process, 2003.
- Hyun K. Kim, "A Longitudinal Study on the Importance of User Experience Elements in Mobile Service", Journal of Korea Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 21, pp.397-403, 2010.
- Yong Man Kwon, "Research on the Importance of Game Attributions", Journal of Korean Society For Computer Game, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp.49-55, 2016.
- I MAKE IT, http://imakeit.kr/
- Chan-Il Park, Hae-Seung Yang, Hae-Sool Yang, "Fun Factors by Game Genre", Journal of The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 7, No.12, pp.20-29, 2007.